Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Filter records from a log file based on timestamp Post 303043169 by RudiC on Monday 20th of January 2020 03:46:30 PM
Old 01-20-2020
OK; give it a shot and report back the errors and/or shortfalls you encounter.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy lines from a log file based on timestamp

how to copy lines from a log file based on timestamp. INFO (RbrProcessFlifoEventSessionEJB.java:processFlight:274) - E_20080521_110754_967: rbrAciInfoObjects listing complete! INFO (RbrPnrProcessEventSessionEJB.java:processFlight:197) - Event Seq: 1647575217; Carrier: UA; Flt#: 0106; Origin:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjiadmin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all log records logged after $timestamp ?

I am trying to find a way to list every records inside a file (usually a log file) that are present after a record mathing/greater-then a timestamp supplied by another script. The timestamp can be anywhere inside the record and it is usually in the standard `date` format (will not look for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter out all the records which are having space in the 8th filed of my file

I have a file which is having fileds separtaed by delimiter. Ex: C;4498;qwa;cghy;;;;40;;222122 C;4498;sample;city;;;;34 2;;222123 C;4498;qwe;xcbv;;;;34-2;;222124 C;4498;jj;sffz;;;;41;;222120 C;4498;eert;qwq;;;;34 A;;222125 C;4498;jj;szxzzd;;;;34;;222127 out of these records I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indusri
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter records in a file using AWK

I want to filter records in one of my file using AWK command (or anyother command). I am using the below code awk -F@ '$1=="0003"&&"$2==20100402" print {$0}' $INPUT > $OUTPUT I want to pass the 0003 and 20100402 values through a variable. How can I do this? Any help is much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log file entries based on the Date/Timestamp within log file

If a log file is in the following format 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 29-Jul-10 ::: Log message 30-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 :::... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get all the records from a log file greater than timestamp supplied.

I have a log file which has records with hung thread information/error I need to find out hung thread from log file greater than timestamp supplied. 00000026 ThreadMonitor W WSVR0605W: Thread "WebContainer : 1" (00000027) has been active for 701879 milliseconds and may be hung. There is/are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter records based on 2nd file

Hello, I want to filter records of a file if they fall in range associated with a second file. First the chr number (2nd col of 1st file and 1st col of 2nd file) needs to be matched. Then if the 3rd col of the first file falls within any of the ranges specified by the 2nd and 3rd cols , then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter records in a huge text file from a filter text file

Hi Folks, I have a text file with lots of rows with duplicates in the first column, i want to filter out records based on filter columns in a different filter text file. bash scripting is what i need. Data.txt Name OrderID Quantity Sam 123 300 Jay 342 498 Kev 78 2500 Sam 420 50 Vic 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to filter records in a zip file that contains matching columns from another file

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have two files. file1.zip, file2 Input: file1.zip col1, col2 , col3 a , b , 0:0:0:0:0:c436:9346:d40b x, y, 0:0:0:0:0:880:39f9:c9a7 m, n , 0:0:0:0:0:80c7:9161:fe00 file2.txt col1 c4:36:93:46:d4:0b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil.v
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/sed/cut to filter out records from a file based on criteria

I have two files and would need to filter out records based on certain criteria, these column are of variable lengths, but the lengths are uniform throughout all the records of the file. I have shown a sample of three records below. Line 1-9 is the item number "0227546_1" in the case of the first... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
15 Replies
Torus Trooper(6)														  Torus Trooper(6)

NAME
torus-trooper - speeding ship sailing through barrage DESCRIPTION
Speed! More speed! Torus Trooper is a fast-paced abstract scrolling shooter game. It features 3D graphics and a style similar to that of games such as Tem- pest. OPTIONS
These options are available: -brightness n Set the brightness of the screen.(n = 0 - 100, default = 100) -luminosity n Set the luminous intensity.(n = 0 - 100, default = 0) -res x y Set the screen resolution to (x, y). -nosound Stop the sound. -window Launch the game in a window. -fullscreen Launch the game in fullscreen mode. -reverse Reverse a shot key and a charge shot key. USAGE
How to operate: Movement Arrow / Num / [WASD] / Joystick Hold an up key to increase speed. Shot [Z][L-Ctrl][.] / Trigger 1, 4, 5, 8 Hold a shot key to open automatic fire. Charge shot [X][L-Alt][L-Shift][/] / Trigger 2, 3, 6, 7 Hold a charge shot key to charge energy. - A charge shot is released when you release a key. - A charge shot penetrates enemies and wipes out bullets. - A score multiplier is increased according to a number of destroying enemies and bullets. - A charge shot acts as a regenerative break. Pause [P] How to play: At the title screen, select a grade(Normal, Hard, Extreme) and a starting level. Press a shot button to start a game. Press an escape key to quit a game. Drive a ship forward and destroy enemies. When time runs out, game is over. Remaining time is displayed at the left up corner. Remaining time varies according to events: Ship was destroyed(-15 sec.) You ship is destroyed when it is hit by a bullet. Bonus time(+15 sec.) You can earn bonus time when you reach a certain score. The point you have to get is displayed at the right up corner. Destroy the boss(+30 or 45 sec.) The boss enemies appear when you destroy or overtake a certain number(displayed at the left down corner) of enemies, and you can earn bonus time by destroying them. Replay mode At the title screen, press a charge shot key to see a replay of your last game. Press a left/right key to change a view and an up/down key to change displayed/undisplayed of a status display. SEE ALSO
You can find more about the game on its homepage: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/windows/tt_e.html AUTHOR
This game has been written by Kenta Cho <cs8k-cyu@asahi-net.or.jp> Torus Trooper(6)