Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Filter records from a log file based on timestamp Post 303043169 by RudiC on Monday 20th of January 2020 03:46:30 PM
Old 01-20-2020
OK; give it a shot and report back the errors and/or shortfalls you encounter.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy lines from a log file based on timestamp

how to copy lines from a log file based on timestamp. INFO (RbrProcessFlifoEventSessionEJB.java:processFlight:274) - E_20080521_110754_967: rbrAciInfoObjects listing complete! INFO (RbrPnrProcessEventSessionEJB.java:processFlight:197) - Event Seq: 1647575217; Carrier: UA; Flt#: 0106; Origin:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjiadmin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all log records logged after $timestamp ?

I am trying to find a way to list every records inside a file (usually a log file) that are present after a record mathing/greater-then a timestamp supplied by another script. The timestamp can be anywhere inside the record and it is usually in the standard `date` format (will not look for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter out all the records which are having space in the 8th filed of my file

I have a file which is having fileds separtaed by delimiter. Ex: C;4498;qwa;cghy;;;;40;;222122 C;4498;sample;city;;;;34 2;;222123 C;4498;qwe;xcbv;;;;34-2;;222124 C;4498;jj;sffz;;;;41;;222120 C;4498;eert;qwq;;;;34 A;;222125 C;4498;jj;szxzzd;;;;34;;222127 out of these records I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indusri
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter records in a file using AWK

I want to filter records in one of my file using AWK command (or anyother command). I am using the below code awk -F@ '$1=="0003"&&"$2==20100402" print {$0}' $INPUT > $OUTPUT I want to pass the 0003 and 20100402 values through a variable. How can I do this? Any help is much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log file entries based on the Date/Timestamp within log file

If a log file is in the following format 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 29-Jul-10 ::: Log message 30-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 :::... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get all the records from a log file greater than timestamp supplied.

I have a log file which has records with hung thread information/error I need to find out hung thread from log file greater than timestamp supplied. 00000026 ThreadMonitor W WSVR0605W: Thread "WebContainer : 1" (00000027) has been active for 701879 milliseconds and may be hung. There is/are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter records based on 2nd file

Hello, I want to filter records of a file if they fall in range associated with a second file. First the chr number (2nd col of 1st file and 1st col of 2nd file) needs to be matched. Then if the 3rd col of the first file falls within any of the ranges specified by the 2nd and 3rd cols , then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter records in a huge text file from a filter text file

Hi Folks, I have a text file with lots of rows with duplicates in the first column, i want to filter out records based on filter columns in a different filter text file. bash scripting is what i need. Data.txt Name OrderID Quantity Sam 123 300 Jay 342 498 Kev 78 2500 Sam 420 50 Vic 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to filter records in a zip file that contains matching columns from another file

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have two files. file1.zip, file2 Input: file1.zip col1, col2 , col3 a , b , 0:0:0:0:0:c436:9346:d40b x, y, 0:0:0:0:0:880:39f9:c9a7 m, n , 0:0:0:0:0:80c7:9161:fe00 file2.txt col1 c4:36:93:46:d4:0b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil.v
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/sed/cut to filter out records from a file based on criteria

I have two files and would need to filter out records based on certain criteria, these column are of variable lengths, but the lengths are uniform throughout all the records of the file. I have shown a sample of three records below. Line 1-9 is the item number "0227546_1" in the case of the first... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
15 Replies
POSIX_TRACE_CLOSE(P)					     POSIX Programmer's Manual					      POSIX_TRACE_CLOSE(P)

NAME
posix_trace_close, posix_trace_open, posix_trace_rewind - trace log management (TRACING) SYNOPSIS
#include <trace.h> int posix_trace_close(trace_id_t trid); int posix_trace_open(int file_desc, trace_id_t *trid); int posix_trace_rewind(trace_id_t trid); DESCRIPTION
The posix_trace_close() function shall deallocate the trace log identifier indicated by trid, and all of its associated resources. If there is no valid trace log pointed to by the trid, this function shall fail. The posix_trace_open() function shall allocate the necessary resources and establish the connection between a trace log identified by the file_desc argument and a trace stream identifier identified by the object pointed to by the trid argument. The file_desc argument should be a valid open file descriptor that corresponds to a trace log. The file_desc argument shall be open for reading. The current trace event timestamp, which specifies the timestamp of the trace event that will be read by the next call to posix_trace_getnext_event(), shall be set to the timestamp of the oldest trace event recorded in the trace log identified by trid. The posix_trace_open() function shall return a trace stream identifier in the variable pointed to by the trid argument, that may only be used by the following functions: posix_trace_close() posix_trace_get_attr() posix_trace_eventid_equal() posix_trace_get_status() posix_trace_eventid_get_name() posix_trace_getnext_event() posix_trace_eventtypelist_getnext_id() posix_trace_rewind() posix_trace_eventtypelist_rewind() In particular, notice that the operations normally used by a trace controller process, such as posix_trace_start(), posix_trace_stop(), or posix_trace_shutdown(), cannot be invoked using the trace stream identifier returned by the posix_trace_open() function. The posix_trace_rewind() function shall reset the current trace event timestamp, which specifies the timestamp of the trace event that will be read by the next call to posix_trace_getnext_event(), to the timestamp of the oldest trace event recorded in the trace log identified by trid. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, these functions shall return a value of zero. Otherwise, they shall return the corresponding error number. If successful, the posix_trace_open() function stores the trace stream identifier value in the object pointed to by trid. ERRORS
The posix_trace_open() function shall fail if: EINTR The operation was interrupted by a signal and thus no trace log was opened. EINVAL The object pointed to by file_desc does not correspond to a valid trace log. The posix_trace_close() and posix_trace_rewind() functions may fail if: EINVAL The object pointed to by trid does not correspond to a valid trace log. The following sections are informative. EXAMPLES
None. APPLICATION USAGE
None. RATIONALE
None. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
None. SEE ALSO
posix_trace_get_attr() , posix_trace_get_filter() , posix_trace_getnext_event() , the Base Definitions volume of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, <trace.h> COPYRIGHT
Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for Information Technol- ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html . IEEE
/The Open Group 2003 POSIX_TRACE_CLOSE(P)