Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to configure notification in cockpit? Post 303043129 by Neo on Sunday 19th of January 2020 10:18:35 AM
Old 01-19-2020
It's quite important to at least do your own research before asking such a broad question.

A simple Google search yields tutorials, code, and much more on this topic,

As I said before, post back (start a new discussion this topic) when you have a well-defined problem AFTER you have done your own basic research and leg work. You should at least watch the tutorials and attempt the code at GitHub on this topic, as a bare minimum.

Then, you would post the results of research, the code you tried, the problems you encountered... the basic steps of problem definition and solving.

We are here to help you, but you should first "help yourself" first by doing your basic homework (searching, reading tutorials, watching a video or two) before asking such a broad question. Otherwise, you are asking us to do the searching and basic research for you; which is not the best use of our time.

Thanks.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

if up notification

Hello experts, I have a requirement of notifying my application everytime a network interface is brought up. My application supports Various Unix flavours e.g. RHEL, SLES, AIX, Solaris and Mac OS. I know that SLES supports /etc/sysconfig/network/if-up.d hook scripts that run once an interface is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GajendraSharma
2 Replies

2. Linux

Netstat -i notification

I'm a bit new to scripting, but have been working on some scripts. I create a script to monitor the network interface for netstat -i, but not sure if I am getting what I need...I'd like to grab the entire column for RX-DRP and inform me of which interface is giving the RX-DRP errors...here is a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sohk220
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification Activity

Actually i am working on datastage and my operating system is Unix So I want a script in UNIX env for intimating the datastage log at the time of job abort. Can you please help me out .. Thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
2 Replies

4. Linux

A simple question,linux monitoring tool like Cockpit

This is a screenshot from "cockpit", a nice app of Fedora server,I can see from it disk,network,ram usage for host. https://images2.imgbox.com/e5/7c/oJJqPcQe_o.png The good thing is start preconfigured for host. My question is..someone know a app like this which can monitor a entire... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
mq_notify(3)						     Library Functions Manual						      mq_notify(3)

NAME
mq_notify - Attaches a request for asynchronous signal notification to a message queue (P1003.1b) LIBRARY
Realtime Library (librt.so, librt.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <mqueue.h> int mq_notify ( mqd_t mqdes, const struct sigevent *notification); PARAMETERS
mqdes Specifies a message queue descriptor. *notification Specifies a signal to be sent when the specified queue accepts a message. If the notification argument is NULL, and the process has previously attached a notification request to the message queue with this mqdes argument, the notification request is detached and the queue is available for another process to attach a notification request. DESCRIPTION
The mq_notify function attaches a request for asynchronous signal notification to a message queue for the calling process. Following a call to this function, the specified signal is sent to the calling process when the queue transitions from empty to non-empty. Two or more processes cannot attach notification requests to the same queue at the same time. If a process has attached a notification request and any process is blocked in the execution of the mq_receive function waiting to receive a message when a message arrives at the queue, then the appropriate mq_receive function is completed and the notification remains pending. When the notification has been sent, the registration is canceled. In effect, it is a one-shot notification and must be re-registered if required. Note that the POSIX IPC functions are not reentrant with respect to signals. For example, if your application were to use a signal to notify it that a queue has become non-empty and then attempt to call mq_receive from the signal handler, the signal handler must reside in a thread other than the tread that called mq_send. Otherwise, a deadlock on internal locks would occur. RETURN VALUES
On successful completion, the function returns the value 0 (zero); otherwise, the function returns the value -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The mq_notify function fails under the following conditions: [EBADF] The mqdes argument is not a valid message queue descriptor. [EBUSY] A process has already attached to this message queue for asynchronous notification, or the calling process attempted to can- cel a request that was attached by another process. [EINVAL] The requested signo is invalid, or the sigev_notify field of the notification structure does not equal SIGEV_SIGNAL. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: mq_open(3), mq_send(3) Guide to Realtime Programming delim off mq_notify(3)