Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Python : Problem with " TypeError: float() argument must be a string or a number " Post 303043100 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 18th of January 2020 04:32:37 AM
Old 01-18-2020
According to : Pandas' api reference

pandas.read_csv returns
Code:
DataFrame or TextParser
A comma-separated values (csv) file is returned as two-dimensional data structure with labeled axes.

Which is not the string or number, that float() expects

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem: Need to check if a string argument contains "-"

I am passing a string as argument. Need to check if it contains "-". If it contains "-" then check if it contains "-r" .If Yes then print some message else check if it contains "-t".If yes print some message. How this check can be done using shell script? How I can do this by using IF OR... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehagupta2008
7 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

input string="3MMTQSZ348GGMZRQWMJM4SD6M";output string="3MMTQ-SZ348-GGMZR-QWMJM-4SD6

input string="3MMTQSZ348GGMZRQWMJM4SD6M" output string="3MMTQ-SZ348-GGMZR-QWMJM-4SD6M" using linux shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to identify the line number containing a particular "string"

Hi, I have a log file, where i am required to identify the line number, where a particular string/line appears in the log file. And then copy 200 lines above that line number to a new file. Can someone provide pointers on how to write this script or what command to be used ? Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk2202
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Script to identify the line number containing a particular "string"

Hi, I have a log file, where i am required to identify the line number, where a particular string/line appears in the log file. And then copy 200 lines above that line number to a new file. Can someone provide pointers on how to write this script or what command to be used ? Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kk2202
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with "[" and "]" and "dot" within the search string

Hello. Following recommendations for one of my threads, this is working perfectly : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text 1" -e "some text 2" -e "some text 3" "/tmp/log_file.txt" ) Now I need a grep success for some thing like : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text_1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

9. SuSE

"ssh suse-server 'python -V' > python-version.out" not redirecting

Okay, so I have had this problem on openSUSE, and Debian systems now and I am hoping for a little help. I think it has something to do with Python but I couldn't find a proper Python area here. I am trying to redirect the output of "ssh suse-server 'python -V'" to a file. It seems that no matter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Druonysus
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies
apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::ApacUser:Contribapache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::ConnectionUtil(3)

NAME
Apache2::ConnectionUtil - Perl API for Apache connection utils Synopsis use Apache2::Connection (); use Apache2::ConnectionUtil (); use Apache2::RequestRec (); # grab the connection object; my $c = $r->connection; # share perl objects like $r->pnotes $old_val = $c->pnotes($key => $value); Description "Apache2::ConnectionUtil" provides the Apache connection record object utilities API. API
"Apache2::ConnectionUtil" provides the following functions and/or methods: "pnotes" Share Perl variables between requests over the lifetime of the connection. $old_val = $c->pnotes($key => $val); $val = $c->pnotes($key); $hash_ref = $c->pnotes(); obj: $c ( "Apache2::Connection object" ) opt arg1: $key ( string ) A key value opt arg2: $val ( SCALAR ) Any scalar value (e.g. a reference to an array) ret: (3 different possible values) if both, $key and $val are passed the previous value for $key is returned if such existed, otherwise undef is returned. if only $key is passed, the current value for the given key is returned. if no arguments are passed, a hash reference is returned, which can then be directly accessed without going through the "pnotes()" interface. since: 2.0.3 See ("Apache2::RequestUtil::pnotes") for the details of the "pnotes" method usage. The usage is identical except for a few differences. First is the use of $c instead of $r as the invocant. The second is that the the data persists for the lifetime of the connection instead of the lifetime of the request. If the connection is lost, so is the data stored in "pnotes". See Also Apache2::Connection. Apache2::RequestUtil::pnotes. mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.16.2 apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::ConnectionUtil(3)