Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Granting access to specific user on a 700 file Post 303043093 by Peasant on Saturday 18th of January 2020 01:50:43 AM
Old 01-18-2020
Check out this example, and apply it to your enviroment.

Code:
[root@box ~]# id goprog
uid=1000(goprog) gid=1000(goprog) groups=1000(goprog)
[root@box ~]# id jboss
uid=666(jboss) gid=666(jboss) groups=666(jboss)
[root@box ~]# ls -dl /opt/jboss
drwx------. 4 jboss jboss 282 Jan 18 07:41 /opt/jboss
[root@box ~]# su - goprog
Last login: Sat Jan 18 07:41:45 CET 2020 on pts/0
[goprog@box ~]$ cd /opt/jboss
-bash: cd: /opt/jboss: Permission denied
[goprog@box ~]$ exit
logout
[root@box ~]# setfacl -R -m user:goprog:rwx /opt/jboss
[root@box ~]# su - goprog
Last login: Sat Jan 18 07:43:52 CET 2020 on pts/0
[goprog@box ~]$ cd /opt/jboss
[goprog@box jboss]$ cp domain.xml domain.xml_new
[goprog@box jboss]$ ls -lrt
total 176824
drwxrwxr-x+ 12 jboss  jboss        255 Jan  5  2019 wildfly-15.0.1.Final_rbacfail
drwxrwxr-x+ 12 jboss  jboss        255 Jan  5  2019 wildfly-15.0.1.Final
-rw-rwxr--+  1 jboss  jboss  180827189 Jan  7  2019 wildfly-15.0.1.Final.zip
lrwxrwxrwx.  1 jboss  jboss         20 May 18  2019 current -> wildfly-15.0.1.Final
-rw-rwxr--+  1 jboss  jboss     113390 May 18  2019 domain.xml
-rw-rwxr--.  1 goprog goprog    113390 Jan 18 07:45 domain.xml_new
[goprog@box jboss]$

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Granting User Access

I have two users, user1 and defaultuser. Whenever i logon to my unix session from a remote machine i log into defaultuser. Inside this "defaultuser" i have some setup files that i need to run from the other user that i have created myself i.e. "user1". The problem is even granting the ownership of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: awaismalik82
3 Replies

2. AIX

Granting folder access

Hello, I need to allow a user the ability to create files in a directory that is owned by another user/group. How can I do this? Thank you. AIX version: 5.3.0.0 ~David (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

granting permission to file/directory to a specific user

hello, I would like to grant full access to a directory which is owned by root and the web application that created it. I have though of adding the permission to the whole world, but for security reason I would like to grant it to one more user. I have tried this 'chmod -U newUser+wrx... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: run123
2 Replies

4. Solaris

create user with RWX access to a specific directory in Solaris 10

I need to create a user account for a developer that will allow him rwx access to all resources in a directory. How can I do that? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

User access to only specific subdirectory

is is possible to grant user access to only one subdirectory? example a. create ftp user with read/write/delete access (ftp user doesnt belong to uguys group) $ cd /etc/mydir $ls file1 file2 $ls -al -rw-rw-r-x 2 unixguy uguys 96 Dec 8 12:53 file1 -rw-rw-r-x 2 unixguy uguys 96... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Granting user permission for public_html

I have problem giving user access to his public_html directory. While when I am logged as root I can access my files by going to www.myserver.com/file.htmlwhere file.html is actually on this path... var/www/file.htmlBut when user tries to access his file.html on this path.... ~user/file.html it... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

allow user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file

Is there a way to allow a user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Limit FTP user's access to a specific directory

Hi, I have searched "Limit FTP user's access to a specific directory" subject for 3 days. I found proftp and vsftp but i couldn't compile and install. Is there any idea. Please suggest. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamurd
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Limit bash/sh user's access to a specific directory

Hello Team, I have Solaris 10 u6 I have a user test1 using bash that belong to the group staff. I would like to restrict this user to navigate only in his home directory and his subfolders but not not move out to other directories. How can I do it ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csierra
1 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_JBOSS(7)						OCF resource agents					    OCF_HEARTBEAT_JBOSS(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_jboss - Manages a JBoss application server instance SYNOPSIS
jboss [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for Jboss. It manages a Jboss instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
resource_name The name of the resource. Defaults to the name of the resource instance. (optional, string, default default) console A destination of the log of jboss run and shutdown script. (optional, string, no default) shutdown_timeout Timeout for jboss bin/shutdown.sh. We wait for this timeout to expire, then send the TERM and QUIT signals. Finally, the KILL signal is used to terminate the jboss process. You should set the timeout for the stop operation to a value bigger than the sum of the timeout parameters. See also kill_timeout. (optional, integer, default 5) kill_timeout If bin/shutdown.sh doesn't stop the jboss process, then we send it TERM and QUIT signals, intermittently and once a second. After this timeout expires, if the process is still live, we use the KILL signal. See also shutdown_timeout. (optional, integer, default 10) user A user name to start a JBoss. (optional, string, default root) statusurl URL to test in the monitor operation. (optional, string, default http://127.0.0.1:8080) java_home Home directory of Java. Defaults to the environment variable JAVA_HOME. If it is not set, then define this parameter. (optional, string, no default) jboss_home Home directory of Jboss. (required, string, no default) pstring With this string heartbeat matches for the right process to kill. (optional, string, default java -Dprogram.name=run.sh) run_opts Start options to start Jboss with, defaults are from the Jboss-Doku. (optional, string, default -c default -l lpg4j) shutdown_opts Stop options to stop Jboss with. (optional, string, default -s 127.0.0.1:1099) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 60s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120s. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30s. Suggested interval: 10s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a jboss resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_jboss ocf:heartbeat:jboss params jboss_home=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30s" interval="10s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/jboss_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_JBOSS(7)