Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't unlock encrypted disk
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Can't unlock encrypted disk Post 303043082 by vbe on Friday 17th of January 2020 04:37:55 PM
Old 01-17-2020
This reminds me of silly situations I found myself from time to time... when a server goes wrong and at reboot, needs manual instruction to continue to boot, only when it happens it looses its keyboard configuration and uses US qwerty layout when we have Swiss-French keyboards QWERTZ... nightmare when looking for ! | { \/ etc... I since hide a en-US keyboard under a rack...
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to unlock my editor?

When I want to use the editor ,whether vi or textedit,it prompts for entering a key. How can I disable this function?many thanks for offering solutions! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartboy1461
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to unlock user ID in solaris?

I only able to lock user ID with passwd -l username It seems there is no option for me to unlock ID in solaris? Is there any command as below? passwd -u username Appreciate someome can share with me the way to do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwarf007
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to unlock users in Tru64

Hi Friends We have two node trucluster Tru64 4.0F Alpha Servers,In one of Tru64 4.0F Unix Server I am unable to unlock users, when I issue usermod command I will get following error /usr/sbin/usermod -x administrative_lock_applied=0 username account manager has exited unexpectedly - please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmb
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

not able to unlock user

Hi, not able to unlock user eventhough executed /usr/lbin/modprpw -k username Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
2 Replies

5. AIX

how to unlock a dvd in HMC

When I do HMC upgrade, I download HMC code from IBM web site and burn it to a DVD disk, when I get the first DVD out of HMC's dvd rom and input the second DVD, it shows error: The requested device is already locked by the process: Install Corrective Service. Would you like to try to request a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl FileHandle Closure during after unlock

Hi we have one function which is used to append data the file in exclusive lock mode in aperl script. This script is executed by multiple threads at the same time. accessing the same file.this script runs throught the day. sometimes the file2.txt size is getting reduced. for eg from 10 M... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shahul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in lock and unlock and after the changes

Requirement:First i need to unlock the directory which i had a script for it.If i select app1 it should unlock the directory and after chnages in the script once need to lock the directory with lock command The below highlighed variables in lock and unlock has to be changed according... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Where are lock and unlock commands?

I'm running cygwin bash on Windows 8.1. I would like to to write a OS neutral bash script that uses the commands like lock, block and unlock. Do I need to write lock, block and unlock myself in C++? I'm hoping someone has already written them. My bash script would look something like this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Automatic Account Unlock

Hello, It is to my understanding that when configuring the Solaris operating system to meet compliance standards, you must configure the "LOCK_AFTER_RETRIES" value in the "/etc/security/policy.conf" file to "YES", and then configure the "RETRIES" parameter in the "/etc/default/login" file to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrustSovietBear
4 Replies
SETUPCON(1)						    Console-setup User's Manual 					       SETUPCON(1)

NAME
setupcon - sets up the font and the keyboard on the console SYNOPSIS
setupcon [OPTION]... [VARIANT] DESCRIPTION
setupcon is a program for fast and easy setup of the font and the keyboard on the console. Most of the time you invoke setupcon without arguments. The keyboard configuration is specified in ~/.keyboard or /etc/default/keyboard. The font configuration is specified in ~/.console-setup or /etc/default/console-setup. Consult keyboard(5) and console-setup(5) for instructions how to configure these two files. If you have to switch often between different encodings, keyboards or languages, you can prepare several alternative configuration files for setupcon. Suppose that most of the time you will use Greek language with Greek keyboard layout, but sometimes you need to type in Ger- man with German keyboard layout. In this situation you should customize the main configuration files (keyboard and console-setup) for Greek. Also, create alternative configuration files for German named keyboard.german and console-setup.german. Then in order to configure the console for Greek you will simply run the command with no arguments: setupcon and in order to configure the console for German you will use setupcon german. OPTIONS
VARIANT Specifies which configuration file to use. With no variant, the configuration files of setupcon are named console-setup and key- board. On the other hand, if you use e.g. chukchi as VARIANT then the configuration files are console-setup.chukchi and key- board.chukchi. In this way you can have easy access to several different configurations - for example one for the Chukchi language and another for the default configuration. -v, --verbose Be more verbose. Use this option if something goes wrong or while experimenting with the configuration files. -k, --keyboard-only Setup the keyboard only, do not setup the font or the terminal. On Linux it is enough to do this configuration only once. -f, --font-only Setup the font only, do not setup the keyboard or the terminal. On Linux this configuration should be repeated each time a new con- sole driver is activated (for example when the frame buffer becomes active). -t, --terminal-only Setup the terminal only, do not setup the keyboard or the font. --current-tty Setup the only the current virtual terminal. --force Do not check whether we are on the console. Notice that you can be forced to hard-reboot your computer if you run setupcon with this option and the screen is controlled by a X server. --save This option can be useful if you want to use setupcon early in the boot process while /usr is not yet mounted and the required data are not available. This option will make setupcon copy the required files in /etc/console-setup/ in order to make them available before /usr is mounted. If you use setupcon early in the boot process, then you should run it with this option after every change of the console configuration. --save-only The same as --save, but does not setup anything. This option can be useful if you want to save the required files while the screen is controlled by a X server. --save-keyboard FILE For use by initrd builders. Do not configure anything. Save an usable keyboard layout in FILE. --setup-dir DIR For use by initrd builders. Do not configure anything. Arrange in the directory DIR everything necessary in order to configure the console. The file DIR/morefiles lists all binaries the initrd builder has to install in the initrd image. All other files in DIR have to be copied unchanged in the initrd. In order to configure the console one has to run the script DIR/bin/setupcon. -h, --help Display usage information. FILES
~/.console-setup ~/.keyboard /etc/default/console-setup /etc/default/keyboard /etc/default/console-setup.VARIANT /etc/default/keyboard.VARIANT /etc/console-setup/ SEE ALSO
keyboard(5), console-setup(5) console-setup 2011-03-17 SETUPCON(1)