Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't unlock encrypted disk
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Can't unlock encrypted disk Post 303043080 by zognadal on Friday 17th of January 2020 03:22:37 PM
Old 01-17-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Sorry to ask such a basic question, but the first thing that comes to mind is caps lock on your keyboard.

Are you sure (sorry, I guess you are, just asking for completeness) that your cap are not locked on your keyboard Smilie

(happens to me all the time ... )
Yes, it happens to me too. But now this is not because of capslocks Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to unlock my editor?

When I want to use the editor ,whether vi or textedit,it prompts for entering a key. How can I disable this function?many thanks for offering solutions! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartboy1461
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to unlock user ID in solaris?

I only able to lock user ID with passwd -l username It seems there is no option for me to unlock ID in solaris? Is there any command as below? passwd -u username Appreciate someome can share with me the way to do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwarf007
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to unlock users in Tru64

Hi Friends We have two node trucluster Tru64 4.0F Alpha Servers,In one of Tru64 4.0F Unix Server I am unable to unlock users, when I issue usermod command I will get following error /usr/sbin/usermod -x administrative_lock_applied=0 username account manager has exited unexpectedly - please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmb
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

not able to unlock user

Hi, not able to unlock user eventhough executed /usr/lbin/modprpw -k username Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
2 Replies

5. AIX

how to unlock a dvd in HMC

When I do HMC upgrade, I download HMC code from IBM web site and burn it to a DVD disk, when I get the first DVD out of HMC's dvd rom and input the second DVD, it shows error: The requested device is already locked by the process: Install Corrective Service. Would you like to try to request a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl FileHandle Closure during after unlock

Hi we have one function which is used to append data the file in exclusive lock mode in aperl script. This script is executed by multiple threads at the same time. accessing the same file.this script runs throught the day. sometimes the file2.txt size is getting reduced. for eg from 10 M... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shahul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in lock and unlock and after the changes

Requirement:First i need to unlock the directory which i had a script for it.If i select app1 it should unlock the directory and after chnages in the script once need to lock the directory with lock command The below highlighed variables in lock and unlock has to be changed according... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Where are lock and unlock commands?

I'm running cygwin bash on Windows 8.1. I would like to to write a OS neutral bash script that uses the commands like lock, block and unlock. Do I need to write lock, block and unlock myself in C++? I'm hoping someone has already written them. My bash script would look something like this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Automatic Account Unlock

Hello, It is to my understanding that when configuring the Solaris operating system to meet compliance standards, you must configure the "LOCK_AFTER_RETRIES" value in the "/etc/security/policy.conf" file to "YES", and then configure the "RETRIES" parameter in the "/etc/default/login" file to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrustSovietBear
4 Replies
SETLEDS(1)						      General Commands Manual							SETLEDS(1)

NAME
setleds - set the keyboard leds SYNOPSIS
setleds [-v] [-L] [-D] [-F] [{+|-}num] [{+|-}caps] [{+|-}scroll] DESCRIPTION
Setleds reports and changes the led flag settings of a VT (namely NumLock, CapsLock and ScrollLock). Without arguments, setleds prints the current settings. With arguments, it sets or clears the indicated flags (and leaves the others unchanged). The settings before and after the change are reported if the -v flag is given. The led flag settings are specific for each VT (and the VT corresponding to stdin is used). By default (or with option -F), setleds will only change the VT flags (and their setting may be reflected by the keyboard leds). With option -D, setleds will change both the VT flags and their default settings (so that a subsequent reset will not undo the change). This might be useful for people who always want to have numlock set. With option -L, setleds will not touch the VT flags, but only change the leds. From this moment on, the leds will no longer reflect the VT flags (but display whatever is put into them). The command setleds -L (without further arguments) will restore the situation in which the leds reflect the VT flags. One might use setleds in /etc/rc to define the initial and default state of NumLock, e.g. by INITTY=/dev/tty[1-8] for tty in $INITTY; do setleds -D +num < $tty done OPTIONS
-num +num Clear or set NumLock. (At present, the NumLock setting influences the interpretation of keypad keys. Pressing the NumLock key com- plements the NumLock setting.) -caps +caps Clear or set CapsLock. (At present, the CapsLock setting complements the Shift key when applied to letters. Pressing the CapsLock key complements the CapsLock setting.) -scroll +scroll Clear or set ScrollLock. (At present, pressing the ScrollLock key (or ^S/^Q) stops/starts console output.) BUGS
In keyboard application mode the NumLock key does not influence the NumLock flag setting. SEE ALSO
loadkeys(1) 24 Sep 1994 SETLEDS(1)