Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Python Screen Capture of RIGOL 1054Z on macOS Catalina Using NI-VISA Post 303043070 by Neo on Friday 17th of January 2020 08:45:51 AM
Old 01-17-2020
Still playing with noise until I get some circuits cooking..... for testing the python_grab.py utility for the RIGOL DS1054Z

Noise is beautiful .... (a least until my function generator arrives ...)

Note: Having trouble getting the RIGOL to generate anything but PNG and BMP image formats. Still working on this, converting BMP to JPG manually for loading.

Python Screen Capture of RIGOL 1054Z on macOS Catalina Using NI-VISA-noise10mhzjpg

Also, the image is still a bit corrupted (known bug) - in this case on the bottom where the channel indicators are.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

screen capture

I was wondering is there something out there for Solaris 7 for screen capture? Also it would really help if there was some software out there that can record whats happens on the screen for like 10 seconds or how ever long I need it to. I did a search but doesn't seem to be alot out there. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 screen capture

We are using Solaris 10 for our Radiation Treatment Planning and need to create a simulation for our service engineers. I need a screen capture tool that can not only capture screens, but create movies of mouse movements (similar to Captivate). I have contacted Oracle and talked to several people... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomH
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Python script to do simple audio capture...

This site is the first to get this snippet. It will capture an audio recording of any time length within the limits of OSX's QuickTime Player's capablility... A shell script derivative of this will be used as a further capture for CygWin's AudioScope.sh. Thoroughly read ALL the comments in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Capture power button press on MacOs High Sierra?

Hello everyone! I'm developing a MacOs Application in python and I'm having some issues trying to find information related to the power button pressed event. I know that in Ubuntu 14.04 you can find information about it on the acpi folders, but I realized that here in Mac that process is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xedge
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) switches from bash to zsh

Interestingly Apple has decided to switch the default shell for new users from bash to zsh in MacOS Catalina (10.15) Use zsh as the default shell on your Mac - Apple Support Another interesting fact is that Catalina also comes with /bin/dash (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scrutinizer
5 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15 Catalina Crashes and Freezes on Boot

Sadly, I have turned off my access to the Apple Developers Beta program after installing macOS 10.15 Catalina a few days ago. After the install, I rebooted by MacBook Air and it "hard froze" and we were heading out of town so I grabbed a backup MBA running Mojave. Then, after getting back at... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Poor Windows 10 Performance of Parallels Desktop 15 on macOS Catalina

Just a quick note for macOS users. I just installed (and removed) Parallels Desktop 15 Edition on my MacPro (2013) with 64GB memory and 12-cores, which is running the latest version of macOS Catalina as of this post. The reason for this install was to test some RIGOL test gear software which... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. Programming

A Slightly Better NTP Client for the ESP32 (ESPWROOM32) on macOS Catalina

Currently have two ESP8266 modules testing some Blynk apps, whereI'm not so happy with the Blynk business model for developers, but that's another story. So, with two of my ESP8266s currently "busy", I decided to work on the ESP32, and in particular the ESPWROOM32. I installed the... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina display crash and system panic

MacPro (2013) 12-Core, 64GB RAM (today's crash): panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f8b333ad5): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in 120 seconds service: com.apple.logd, total successful checkins since load (318824 seconds ago): 31883, last successful... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
pods::SDL::Image(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     pods::SDL::Image(3pm)

NAME
SDL::Image - Bindings for the SDL_Image library DESCRIPTION
SDL::Image allows you to load many different format of images into memory as an SDL::Surface. CATEGORY
Image SUPPORTED FORMATS
The following types are supported: TGA TrueVision Targa (MUST have .tga) BMP Windows Bitmap(.bmp) PNM Portable Anymap (.pnm) .pbm = Portable BitMap (mono) .pgm = Portable GreyMap (256 greys) .ppm = Portable PixMap (full color) XPM X11 Pixmap (.xpm) can be #included directly in code This is NOT the same as XBM(X11 Bitmap) format, which is for monocolor images. XCF GIMP native (.xcf) (XCF = eXperimental Computing Facility?) This format is always changing, and since there's no library supplied by the GIMP project to load XCF, the loader may frequently fail to load much of any image from an XCF file. It's better to load this in GIMP and convert to a better supported image format. PCX ZSoft IBM PC Paintbrush (.pcx) GIF CompuServe Graphics Interchange Format (.gif) JPG Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format (.jpg or .jpeg) TIF Tagged Image File Format (.tif or .tiff) LBM Interleaved Bitmap (.lbm or .iff) FORM : ILBM or PBM(packed bitmap), HAM6, HAM8, and 24bit types are not supported. PNG Portable Network Graphics (.png) XV ICO CUR LOADING METHODS
load my $surface = SDL::Image::load( $file ); $file Image file name to load a surface from. Load file for use as an image in a new SDL::Surface. This actually calls SDL::Image::load_typed_rw, with the file extension used as the type string. This can load all supported image files, including TGA as long as the filename ends with ".tga". It is best to call this outside of event loops, and rather keep the loaded images around until you are really done with them, as disk speed and image conversion to a surface is not that speedy. Note: If the image format loader requires initialization, it will attempt to do that the first time it is needed if you have not already called SDL::Image::init to load support for your image format. Note: If the image format supports a transparent pixel, SDL::Image will set the colorkey for the surface. You can enable RLE acceleration on the surface afterwards by calling: SDL::Video::set_color_key my $image = SDL::Image::load( $some_png_file ); SDL::Video::set_color_key($image, SDL_RLEACCEL, $image->format->colorkey); Return An image as a SDL::Surface. NULL is returned on errors, such as no support built for the image, or a file reading error. Use SDL::get_error to get cause of error. load_typed_rw SDL::Image::load_typed_rw($src, $freesrc, $type); src The source SDL::RWops as a pointer. The image is loaded from this. freesrc A non-zero value mean is will automatically close/free the src for you. Since SDL Perl cannot handle the memory inside this function you would most likely want 1 here. type A string that indicates which format type to interpret the image as. Here is a list of the currently recognized strings (case is not important): "BMP" "CUR" "GIF" "ICO" "JPG" "LBM" "PCX" "PNG" "PNM" "TGA" "TIF" "XCF" "XPM" "XV" Load src for use as a surface. This can load all supported image formats. This method does not guarantee that the format specified by type is the format of the loaded image, except in the case when TGA format is specified (or any other non-magicable format in the future). Using SDL_RWops is not covered here, but they enable you to load from almost any source. Note: If the image format loader requires initialization, it will attempt to do that the first time it is needed if you have not already called SDL::Image::init to load support for your image format. Note: If the image format supports a transparent pixel, SDL::Image will set the colorkey for the surface. You can enable RLE acceleration on the surface afterwards by calling: SDL::Video::set_color_key Transparency use SDL; use SDL::RWOps; use SDL::Image; my $file2 = SDL::RWOps->new_file("test/data/menu.png", "rb"); my $image = SDL::Image::load_typed_rw($file2, 1, "PNG"); SDL::Video::set_color_key($image, SDL_RLEACCEL, $image->format->colorkey); Return The image as a new SDL::Surface. NULL is returned on errors. is_[TYPE] Test for valid, supported image files: is_ICO is_CUR is_PNG is_BMP is_GIF is_JPG is_LBM is_PCX is_PNM is_TIF is_XCF is_XPM is_XV These functions take a SDL::RWOps as a parameter. Return 1 if the image is a valid [TYPE] and the [TYPE] format support is compiled into SDL_image. 0 is returned otherwise. Example use SDL::RWOps; use SDL::Image; my $file = SDL::RWOps->new_file("file", "rb"); print "Image is BMP" if ( SDL::is_BMP ); load_[TYPE]_rw Specific loader for known formats: load_ICO_rw load_CUR_rw load_PNG_rw load_BMP_rw load_GIF_rw load_JPG_rw load_LBM_rw load_PCX_rw load_PNM_rw load_TIF_rw load_XCF_rw load_XPM_rw load_XV_rw These functions take a SDL::RWop as a parameter Return The image as a new SDL::Surface. NULL is returned on errors, like if the [TYPE] is not supported, or a read error. Example use SDL; use SDL::RWOps; use SDL::Image; my $file = SDL::RWOps->new_file("file.png", "rb"); my $image = SDL::Image::load_PNG_rw($file); die SDL::get_error if (!$image); read_XPM_from_array my $picture = SDL::Image::read_XPM_from_array(@XPM, $width); This functions takes the reference of an array in the valid @XPM format. Also the $width of the XPM image. Return The image as a new SDL::Surface. NULL is returned on errors, like if XPM is not supported, or a read error. Example my @XPM= ( '30 30 9 1', ' c #FFFFFF', '. c #EFEFEF', '+ c #CFCFCF', '@ c #9F9F9F', '# c #808080', '$ c #505050', '% c #202020', '& c #000000', '* c #303030', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' .+@##@+. ', ' .@$%&&%$@. ', ' .@*&&&&&&*@. ', ' +$&&&&&&&&$+ ', ' @%&&&&&&&&%@ ', ' #&&&&&&&&&&# ', ' #&&&&&&&&&&# ', ' @%&&&&&&&&%@ ', ' +$&&&&&&&&$+ ', ' .@*&&&&&&*@. ', ' .@$%&&%$@. ', ' .+@##@+. ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ',); my $picture = SDL::Image::read_XPM_from_array(@XPM, 30); MISC METHODS
linked_version Provides the version of linked sdl_image library. Return Returns a SDL::Version object Example my $version = SDL::Image::linked_version(); print $version->major.' '.$version->minor.' '.$version->patch; init For version SDL_image 1.2.10 and up Flags bitwise OR'd set of image formats to support by loading a library now. The values you may OR together to pass in are: IMG_INIT_JPG IMG_INIT_PNG IMG_INIT_TIF Initialize by loading support as indicated by the flags, or at least return success if support is already loaded. You may call this multiple times, which will actually require you to call IMG_Quit just once to clean up. You may call this function with a 0 to retrieve whether support was built-in or not loaded yet. Note: to load JPG, PNG, and/or TIF images you can call IMG_Init with the right IMG_INIT_* flags OR'd together before you program gets busy, to prevent a later hiccup while it loads the library, and to check that you do have the support that you need before you try and use it. Note: No initialization is needed nor performed when using the SDL::Image::is_JPG, SDL::Image::is_PNG, and SDL::Image::is_TIF functions. Note: this function does not always set the error string, so do not depend on SDL::Image::get_error being meaningful all the time. Return A bitmask of all the currently inited image loaders. Example use SDL::Image; my $flags = IMG_INIT_JPG | IMG_INIT_PNG | IMG_INIT_JPG; my $inited = SDL::Image::init($flags); quit For version SDL_image 1.2.10 and up This function cleans up all dynamically loaded library handles, freeing memory. If support is required again it will be initialized again, either by SDL::Image::init or loading an image with dynamic support required. You may call this function when SDL::Image::load functions are no longer needed for the JPG, PNG, and TIF image formats. You only need to call this function once, no matter how many times SDL::Image::init was called. Example use SDL::Image; SDL::Image::init(IMG_INIT_JPG); #loads JPG support SDL::Image::load("file.png"); #loads PNG support SDL::Image::quit(); #unloads everything set_error Same as SDL::set_error get_error Same as SDL::get_error SEE ALSO
SDL, SDL::Surface, SDL::Video, SDL::RWOps AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDL::Image(3pm)