Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need regex for line not starting with hash # Post 303043030 by Neo on Thursday 16th of January 2020 02:17:18 AM
Old 01-16-2020
Sorry, I cannot follow what you want, exactly.

Maybe someone else has more time to decipher what exactly you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete text from line starting pattern1 up to line before pattern2?

My data is xml'ish (here is an excerpt) :- <bag name="mybag1" version="1.0"/> <contents id="coins"/> <bag name="mybag2" version="1.1"/> <contents id="clothes"/> <contents id="shoes"/> <bag name="mybag3" version="1.6"/> I want to delete line containing mybag2 and its subsequent... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: repudi8or
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: delete regex line and next line if blank

Hi, I want to write a sed script which from batiato: batiato/giubbe: pip_b.2.txt pip_b.3.txt pip_b.3mmm.txt bennato: bennato/peterpan: 123.txt consoli: pip_a.12.txt daniele: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: one71
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Any quick way to use regex on hash keys?

Hi, Is there any quick way to use pull out keys that match a specific regex pattern? eg %hash ; $hash(123,456) = xxx; $hash(123,457) = xxx; $hash(123,458) = xxx; $hash(223,459) = xxx; I need a fast way to get all the keys that start with 123.. Meaning I should get ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to specify beginning-of-line/end-of-line characters inside a regex range

How can I specify special meaning characters like ^ or $ inside a regex range. e.g Suppose I want to search for a string that either starts with '|' character or begins with start-of-line character. I tried the following but it does not work: sed 's/\(\)/<do something here>/g' file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read regex from ID file, print regex and line below from source file

I have a file of protein sequences with headers (my source file). Based on a list of IDs (which are included in some of the headers), I'd like to print out only the specified sequences, with only the ID as header. In other words, I'd like to search source.txt for the terms in IDs.txt, and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using regex's from file1, print line and line after matches in file2

Good day, I have a list of regular expressions in file1. For each match in file2, print the containing line and the line after. file1: file2: Output: I can match a regex and print the line and line after awk '{lines = $0} /Macrosiphum_rosae/ {print lines ; print lines } ' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print line starting with certain string together with its following line?

Dear all, How can I print line starting with certain string together with its following line. Example is as follows: Input file: @M01596:22:000000000-A7YH7:1:1101:16615:1070 2:N:0:1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huiyee1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove new line starting with a numeric value and append it to the previous line

Hi, i have a file with multiple entries. After some tests with sed i managed to get the file output as follows: lsn=X-LINK-IN0,apc=661:0,state=avail,avail/links=1/1, 00,2110597,2094790,0,81,529,75649011,56435363, lsn=TM1ITP1-AM1ITP1-LS,apc=500:0,state=avail,avail/links=1/1,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
5 Replies
CVT2PIC(9.1)															      CVT2PIC(9.1)

NAME
cvt2pic, dumppic, ega2pic, face2pic, gif2pic, jpg2pic, nasa2pic, pcx2pic, picopic, sgi2pic, targa2pic, tiff2pic, utah2pic, xbm2pic - con- vert other formats to picture files SYNOPSIS
fb/cvt2pic [ file ] fb/dumppic input xsize ysize channels fb/ega2pic [ file ] fb/face2pic [ facefile ] fb/gif2pic [ -m ] [ -s image ] [ file ] fb/jpg2pic file fb/nasa2pic file fb/pcx2pic [ -r ] [ file ] fb/picopic red green blue xsize ysize fb/sgi2pic file fb/targa2pic [ file ] fb/tiff2pic file fb/utah2pic file fb/xbm2pic [ file ] DESCRIPTION
Cvt2pic examines the given file (default standard input), and tries to convert it to a picfile(9.6). It can recognize TIFF, xbm, Com- puServe GIF, Usenix facesaver, NASA, Utah rle, SGI, JPEG, pcx, and picfile(9.6) images. The actual conversion is done by calling out to one of the programs described below. Although we have programs to decipher EGA, Targa, and raw dump images, cvt2pic cannot recognize them. Dumppic copies input to its standard output, adding a TYPE=dump picture file header. Xsize and ysize are the width and height of the pic- ture. Channels is the value of the output's CHAN= attribute. Face2pic reads facefile (default standard input), a file in the Usenix face- saver format, and converts it to picfile(9.6) format, writing the result on standard output. Picopic creates a TYPE=pico image from the files red, green and blue which must be raw (headerless) dumps in scan line order of size xsizexysize. Ega2pic reads an EGA `enhanced color mode' image from input and converts it to picfile(9.6) format, written on standard output. Gif2pic reads a CompuServe GIF format picture from input (default standard input) and converts it to picfile(9.6) format, written on stan- dard output. By default, it converts its input into a 3-channel rgb image. The -m flag causes it to output a single channel image with a color map. GIF files may contain multiple images; the -s flag allows selection of an image other than the first. Jpg2pic reads a JPEG-coded file in the JFIF format from input (or standard input) and converts it to picfile(9.6) format, written on stan- dard output. It generates TYPE=dump. Nasa2pic reads a NASA satellite image and converts it to picfile(9.6) format, written on standard output. It can decipher only images with a single 8-bit channel. NASA images typically have copious annotations in their headers; these are mostly lost. Sgi2pic converts SGI-format images to picfiles. Targa2pic reads a Targa format file and converts it to picfile(9.6) format, written on standard output. It cannot convert compressed or color-mapped files. Tiff2pic converts TIFF images to picfiles. It cannot handle images with more than 8 bits per color component, nor images of more than 8 channels. It uses a version of Sam Leffler's TIFF library that purports to toe to TIFF 6.0. Utah2pic reads a Utah rle (run-length encoded) image and converts it to picfile(9.6) format, written on standard output. Pcx2pic reads a Paintbrush PCX format picture from input (or standard input) and converts it to picfile(9.6) format, written on standard output. TYPE=dump is generated by default; the -r flag selects TYPE=runcode. Xbm2pic reads an X window-system bitmap file from file (or standard input) and converts it to picfile(9.6) format, written on standard out- put. SEE ALSO
picfile(9.6) Pic2gif contains code that is Copyright (C) 1988, 1989 by Patrick J. Naughton. SOURCE
/sys/src/fb BUGS
The world is awash with raster image file formats, many of which spawn new versions from time to time, possibly making these programs obso- lete. On the other hand, we guarantee unconditionally that picfile(9.6) will never change. CVT2PIC(9.1)