Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LPAR RMC state for DLPAR
Operating Systems AIX LPAR RMC state for DLPAR Post 303043027 by zxmaus on Thursday 16th of January 2020 02:00:46 AM
Old 01-16-2020
most likely cause is that port 657 is not open.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Dlpar

Hi, Anybody had a problem trying to rmdev a scsi device and get the following error : root@:/> rmdev -dlscsi3 -R Method error (/usr/lib/methods/ucfgncr_scsi): 0514-062 Cannot perform the requested function because the specified device is busy. I can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stumpy
1 Replies

2. AIX

DLPAR Error

Hello, This is the foll error wen i try doin DLPAR from my VIO after adding the virtual adpaters on my clients: HSCL294C DLPAR ADD Virtual I/O resources failed: com.ibm.hsc.common.exceptions.PIHscClientException: HSCL294C DLPAR ADD Virtual I/O... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lildudesaif
0 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

4. AIX

HMC - tracking dlpar

I am trying to generate a report to track dlpar operation performed on a MS and was wondering if anyone has done this before. I can get history from HMC using lssvcevents , but this does not give me details as to what quantity was added or removed . Any thoughts ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LPAR,DLPAR and WPAR

Can anyone please let know difference between LPAR/DLPAR/WPAR. and its purpose ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavithran
3 Replies

6. AIX

DLPAR capable with IVM - checks to do

I cannot find the post with the comment that DLPAR capability was not working with IVM. The two commands that need to be run are (as root, padmin does not know this command): VIOS: lsrsrc IBM.MngNode CLIENTS: lsrsrc IBM.MCP Examples: # lsrsrc IBM.MngNode Resource Persistent Attributes for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelFelt
2 Replies

7. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

8. AIX

System monitoring with RMC/RSCT

Hi all, is any of you using RMC for monitoring your LPARs? Is it viable? I know the IBM Magazine article and the Redbooks about it but I would like to hear from first hand. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
7 Replies

9. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX: DLPAR VFC - HMC v9

Hey All, I have running dual VIOS on a P9 systems, and just created a new LPAR profile. My objective is to create LPAR Client VFC adapters, and then DLPAR VFC Server adapters on the VIOS. In the HMC v9 Enhanced GUI, I have DLPAR a VFC adapter to both VIOS, however, you can't specify the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixkidbee
1 Replies
cfgmgr_get_state(9r)													      cfgmgr_get_state(9r)

NAME
cfgmgr_get_state - General: Determines the configuration state SYNOPSIS
int cfgmgr_get_state( char *driver_name, int *driver_cfg_state ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies the name of the device driver whose configuration state you want to obtain. This name is a string that matches the string you specified for the entry_name item in the /etc/sysconfigtab database. Typically, third-party driver writers specify the driver name (fol- lowed by a colon) in the sysconfigtab file fragment, which gets appended to the /etc/sysconfigtab database during the driver product installation. Returns one of the following state value bits to the driver_cfg_state argument: The specified device driver is in the dynamic configuration state. This means the driver was dynamically configured into the kernel. The specified device driver is in the static configuration state. This means the driver was statically configured into the kernel. DESCRIPTION
The cfgmgr_get_state routine obtains the configuration state of the specified device driver. The specified device driver is in either the static configuration state or the dynamic configuration state. The cfgmgr_get_state routine returns the state value in the driver_cfg_state argument. Driver writers should store this state value in an xx_is_dynamic variable or some similarly named variable. You typically call the cfgmgr_get_state routine in the CFG_OP_CONFIGURE entry point of the device driver's configure routine. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, cfgmgr_get_state returns the value ESUCCESS. This success value indicates that cfgmgr_get_state returned the configuration state of the specified device driver in the driver_cfg_state argument. Otherwise, cfgmgr_get_state returns one of the follow- ing error constants defined in /usr/sys/include/sys/sysconfig.h and /usr/sys/include/sys/errno.h: The device driver that you specified in the driver_name argument does not exist. In this case, cfgmgr_get_state cannot return the configuration state of the specified device driver in the driver_cfg_state argument. The device driver that you specified in the driver_name argument is not a valid name. EXAMPLES
See Writing Device Drivers: Tutorial for a code example of the cfgmgr_get_state interface. SEE ALSO
Routines: cfgmgr_set_status(9r) cfgmgr_get_state(9r)