Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX VIOS requirement for FC and ethernet Post 303043026 by zxmaus on Thursday 16th of January 2020 01:59:09 AM
Old 01-16-2020
On the VIOS, don't allocate an IP address to the adapter
configure the SEA, then create virtual adapter on the vios and add the IP to the virtual adapter.
For the fibre, are you saying you are booting the VIOS from SAN? No internal disks on the frame that you could use instead?
How many client VMs are you going to serve with the VIOS - will you have another VIOS on the same frame for redundancy ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

SPOT requirement

Hey May be a dumb question Can I use a SPOT which is at 5.3 TL6 to boot an LPAR (with 5.3 TL8) in to maintenance mode? Will it work ? Is it mandatory that SPOT should be of same or higher version in such case? Bala (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requirement

I am trying to script and came up with a conclusion that I need a do while loop in my statement. I am stuck with the do while syntax. I need to use it alongwith the if then else statement. Can I use it is a big question? I actually need to get all the files that are there from within run_dt to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aronmelon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT REQUIREMENT

1.Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern. (i) Conditions for creating log files. Log file is created with date (example 2010_03_27.log). If the log file size is 10 Mb for a particular day then automatically the log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen12
3 Replies

4. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

5. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

6. AIX

AIX VIOS IVM Ethernet problem

Hi All, I have a p520 box running 3 LPARs, 1 x VIOS, 1 x AIX 6.1 and 1 x AIX 7.1 and no HMC, all configuration is performed via VIOS/IVM Until recently the box did not have the AIX7.1 LPAR and everything was fine with the box. We needed to use AIX 7.1 for a new project, so I created a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevB
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX - requirement

Hi All, I have a source file with data Name ~ Groups Muni~abc,was,USA_ax,123 Chaitanya~USA_12,was Balaji~123,xyz,was Ramu~123,xyz From the second column i want to extract only the groups that matches the pattern 'USA_%' or if the group = 'was', and ignore any other columns. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script requirement

Please help in creating script for below requirement. I will be running 1 command and will get below entries in a text file say file44.txt ******************************* DFDL1005 06:30 00:05 ABFL2003 10/22 01:10 CFTL1256 10/24 00:10 10/25 09:20 PM ******************************** .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinay_3308
3 Replies
HY(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     HY(4)

NAME
hy - Network Systems Hyperchannel interface SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NHY hy_controllers # Hyperchannel DESCRIPTION
The hy interface provides access to a Network Systems Corporation Hyperchannel Adapter. The network to which the interface is attached is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl. The host's address is discovered by reading the adapter status register. The interface will not transmit or receive packets until the network number is known. DIAGNOSTICS
hy%d: unit number 0x%x port %d type %x microcode level 0x%x. Identifies the device during autoconfiguration. hy%d: can't handle af%d. The interface was handed a message with addresses formatted in an unsuitable address family; the packet was dropped. hy%d: can't initialize. The interface was unable to allocate UNIBUS resources. This is usually due to having too many network devices on an 11/750 where there are only 3 buffered data paths. hy%d: NEX - Non Existent Memory. Non existent memory error returned from hardware. hy%d: BAR overflow. Bus address register overflow error returned from hardware. hy%d: Power Off bit set, trying to reset. Adapter has lost power, driver will reset the bit and see if power is still out in the adapter. hy%d: Power Off Error, network shutdown. Power was really off in the adapter, network connections are dropped. Software does not shut down the network unless power has been off for a while. hy%d: RECVD MP > MPSIZE (%d). A message proper was received that is too big. Probable a driver bug. Shouldn't happen. hy%d: xmit error - len > hy_olen [%d > %d]. Probable driver error. Shouldn't happen. hy%d: DRIVER BUG - INVALID STATE %d. The driver state machine reached a non-existent state. Definite driver bug. hy%d: watchdog timer expired. A command in the adapter has taken too long to complete. Driver will abort and retry the command. hy%d: adapter power restored. Software was able to reset the power off bit, indicating that the power has been restored. SEE ALSO
intro(4N), inet(4F) BUGS
If the adapter does not respond to the status command issued during autoconfigure, the adapter is assumed down. A reboot is required to recognize it. The adapter power fail interrupt seems to occur sporadically when power has, in fact, not failed. The driver will believe that power has failed only if it can not reset the power fail latch after a ``reasonable'' time interval. These seem to appear about 2-4 times a day on some machines. There seems to be no correlation with adapter rev level, number of ports used etc. and whether a machine will get these ``bogus powerfails''. They don't seem to cause any real problems so they have been ignored. 3rd Berkeley Distribution August 20, 1987 HY(4)