Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX VIOS requirement for FC and ethernet Post 303043026 by zxmaus on Thursday 16th of January 2020 01:59:09 AM
Old 01-16-2020
On the VIOS, don't allocate an IP address to the adapter
configure the SEA, then create virtual adapter on the vios and add the IP to the virtual adapter.
For the fibre, are you saying you are booting the VIOS from SAN? No internal disks on the frame that you could use instead?
How many client VMs are you going to serve with the VIOS - will you have another VIOS on the same frame for redundancy ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

SPOT requirement

Hey May be a dumb question Can I use a SPOT which is at 5.3 TL6 to boot an LPAR (with 5.3 TL8) in to maintenance mode? Will it work ? Is it mandatory that SPOT should be of same or higher version in such case? Bala (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requirement

I am trying to script and came up with a conclusion that I need a do while loop in my statement. I am stuck with the do while syntax. I need to use it alongwith the if then else statement. Can I use it is a big question? I actually need to get all the files that are there from within run_dt to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aronmelon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT REQUIREMENT

1.Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern. (i) Conditions for creating log files. Log file is created with date (example 2010_03_27.log). If the log file size is 10 Mb for a particular day then automatically the log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen12
3 Replies

4. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

5. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

6. AIX

AIX VIOS IVM Ethernet problem

Hi All, I have a p520 box running 3 LPARs, 1 x VIOS, 1 x AIX 6.1 and 1 x AIX 7.1 and no HMC, all configuration is performed via VIOS/IVM Until recently the box did not have the AIX7.1 LPAR and everything was fine with the box. We needed to use AIX 7.1 for a new project, so I created a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevB
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX - requirement

Hi All, I have a source file with data Name ~ Groups Muni~abc,was,USA_ax,123 Chaitanya~USA_12,was Balaji~123,xyz,was Ramu~123,xyz From the second column i want to extract only the groups that matches the pattern 'USA_%' or if the group = 'was', and ignore any other columns. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script requirement

Please help in creating script for below requirement. I will be running 1 command and will get below entries in a text file say file44.txt ******************************* DFDL1005 06:30 00:05 ABFL2003 10/22 01:10 CFTL1256 10/24 00:10 10/25 09:20 PM ******************************** .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinay_3308
3 Replies
fza(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    fza(4)

Name
       fza - DEFZA FDDI Network Interface

Syntax
       device fza0 at ibus? vector fzaintr

Description
       The  interface  is  a  high  speed  TURBOchannel  bus to a 100 Mbit/second Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI) timed token ring network
       adapter.  The interface allows the host system to be an FDDI single attachment station.

The host's Internet address is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl.  The interface employs	the  address  resolution  protocol
       described in to map dynamically between Internet and FDDI addresses on the local network.

The maximum frame size for the interface is 4500 bytes, which is substantially larger that the 1500 bytes maximum packet size of the Ether-
       net interfaces. The interface does not support the BSD trailer encapsulation, which is specific to the VAX architecture.

The SIOCRPHYSADDR ioctl can be used to read the physical address of the DEFZA adapter. The physical address of the DEFZA adapter can not be
       changed.

The  SIOCADDMULTI  and  SIOCDELMULTI  ioctls  can  be  used  to	add  or delete multicast addresses.  The DEFZA supports up to 64 multicast
       addresses.

The SIOCRDCTRS ioctl can be used to read the FDDI driver counters.  The DEFZA adapter status and characteristics can also be  read  through
       this ioctl by providing a FDDI_STATUS flag . The argument to this ioctl is a pointer to a counter or status structure, found in <net/if.h>.

The SIOCENABLBACK and SIOCDISABLBACK ioctls can be used to enable and disable the interface loopback mode, respectively.

The SIOCEEUPDATE ioctl can be used to update the adapter's firmware.

The SIOCIFRESET ioctl can be used to reset the adapter.

Diagnostics
       Diagnostic error messages contain information provided by the driver. For example:

fza%d: fzaprobe selftest failed
       The DEFZA adapter did not pass the power-up selftest during autoconfiguration.
       fza%d: port init failed
       The DEFZA adapter cannot be initialized.
       fza%d: port in the Halt State -> CNS hardware fault
       The DEFZA adapter went to the Halt state because of an adapter firmware fault.
       fza%d: LINK unavailable
       The network link went down which means that the station is not on the FDDI ring.
       fza%d: Ring Init Received
       A Ring Initialization unsolicited event has been received from the fza%d interface.

See Also
       arp(4p), inet(4f), intro(4n)

fza(4)