Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Dbus signal can be lost?
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers A Dbus signal can be lost? Post 303042995 by Neo on Wednesday 15th of January 2020 09:18:11 AM
Old 01-15-2020
See Reference:

Reliability . bus1/dbus-broker Wiki . GitHub

Quote:
DBus is meant to be a reliable transport, this poses several challenges, this page outlines how the dbus-broker deals with them.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Lost Data Lost Admin

First time so excuse my ignorance please. I may not be accurately describing the issue. I have inherited a small lab mostly SUN V120s. We lost power and are trying to recover. Nope no backups... The primary issue I have is 1 box is an Oracle Server. It has 2 36Gb harddrives. I am able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphsr
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket problem

Hello, i have a problem. i have a domain name hosted on a server and it goes very slow and sometimes down. I looked on the processes running and on the netstat status and i discovered that each time there is a slowness or a downtime is caused by: /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket many of these... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan8354544
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dbus error

Hi all I have a tricky issue that i am not to sure on how to tackle We have certain users that we a dbus session is run it does not create a ~/.dbus directory with the relevent files in it i am not sure how to go about debugging it thanks Adam (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
10 Replies

4. Programming

How to create a new GType using dbus-Glib?

Hi, I'm trying to use the DBUS connection to communicate with the Marxbot medulla. But when I want to use the interface to send a "SetSpeed" event using the method "SendEventName", I need to create a new GTYPE "DBUS_TYPE_G_INIT16_ARRAY" which is an array of int16. I found this function ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiem
0 Replies
KBDD(1) 						    XKB layout switching daemon 						   KBDD(1)

NAME
kbdd - simple per-window keyboard layout switching daemon SYNOPSIS
kbdd [ -n | --nodaemon ] kbdd [ -h | --help ] [ -v | --version ] DESCRIPTION
kbdd is a simple keyboard layout daemon that switches and restores layouts on a per-window basis. -n, --nodaemon run in nodaemon (foreground) mode -h, --help print a short usage summary -v, --version print the program version DBUS INTERFACE
Kbdd registers a dbus interface in order to notify a window manager about layout change and listens on this interface for incoming requests. This interface can be used in WM widgets to indicate the current layout. The dbus interface has the following methods: getLayoutName( uint32 ) returns a string representing the layout group name set_layout( uint32 ) sets current group getCurrentLayout returns current layout group id next_layout switches to the next keyboard layout prev_layout switches to the previous keyboard layout The following events (signals) are available: layoutChanged returns new group number layoutNameChanged returns name for the new group You can change the layout with the following dbus-send command: dbus-send --dest=ru.gentoo.KbddService /ru/gentoo/KbddService ru.gentoo.kbdd.set_layout uint32:1 BUGS
Some users reported problems with sticking meta-keys (Alt or Meta4), however, at the moment there is not enough information collected to conclude if this is caused by kbdd or not. Newly found bugs may be reported on the project page at github <http://github.com/qnikst/kbdd/issues>. AUTORS
Alexander V. Vershilov <alexander.vershilov@gmail.com> This manual page was updated for the Debian project by Stanislav Maslovski <stanislav.maslovski@gmail.com> SEE ALSO
dbus-send(1), dbus-monitor(1) You can get more information about kbdd usage on wiki pages of the kbdd project <https://github.com/qnikst/kbdd/wiki/Usecases>. version 0.6 27 Aug 2011 KBDD(1)