Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Dbus signal can be lost?
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers A Dbus signal can be lost? Post 303042995 by Neo on Wednesday 15th of January 2020 09:18:11 AM
Old 01-15-2020
See Reference:

Reliability . bus1/dbus-broker Wiki . GitHub

Quote:
DBus is meant to be a reliable transport, this poses several challenges, this page outlines how the dbus-broker deals with them.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Lost Data Lost Admin

First time so excuse my ignorance please. I may not be accurately describing the issue. I have inherited a small lab mostly SUN V120s. We lost power and are trying to recover. Nope no backups... The primary issue I have is 1 box is an Oracle Server. It has 2 36Gb harddrives. I am able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphsr
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket problem

Hello, i have a problem. i have a domain name hosted on a server and it goes very slow and sometimes down. I looked on the processes running and on the netstat status and i discovered that each time there is a slowness or a downtime is caused by: /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket many of these... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan8354544
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dbus error

Hi all I have a tricky issue that i am not to sure on how to tackle We have certain users that we a dbus session is run it does not create a ~/.dbus directory with the relevent files in it i am not sure how to go about debugging it thanks Adam (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
10 Replies

4. Programming

How to create a new GType using dbus-Glib?

Hi, I'm trying to use the DBUS connection to communicate with the Marxbot medulla. But when I want to use the interface to send a "SetSpeed" event using the method "SendEventName", I need to create a new GTYPE "DBUS_TYPE_G_INIT16_ARRAY" which is an array of int16. I found this function ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiem
0 Replies
QSTARDICT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      QSTARDICT(1)

NAME
qstardict - a Qt4 dictionary DESCRIPTION
QStarDict is a StarDict clone written with Qt4. The user interface is similar to StarDict. You can start QStarDict from the menu or by run- ning the qstardict command. TRANSLATION REFORMATTING AND ABBREVIATION EXPANSION
QStarDict can reformat translations and expand dictionary abbreviations. For example this translation: 1> First _val. of _w. 2> Second _val. of _w. ... can be shown as 1. Fist value of word 2. Second value of word 3. ... But reformatting and expanding takes additional CPU time. If the translation reformatting and instant search are both turned on this can decrease QStarDict performance. DICTIONARIES
Dictionaries for StarDict plugin are in StarDict format and by default must be placed into /usr/share/stardict/dic or ~/.stardict/dic directories. A dictionary must consist of three files: - .dict[.dz] file - main dictionary file - .idx - index file - .ifo - description file These files must be placed together in one directory. PRONOUNCING PROGRAMS
QStarDict can pronounce words using external program when popup window is shown. You must set a voice program to pronounce text from stdin. By default this is festival with --tts option. D-BUS QStarDict supports D-Bus message bus. List of available methods: void org.qstardict.dbus.showPopup(QString text) void org.qstardict.dbus.showTranslation(QString text) QString org.qstardict.dbus.translate(QString text) QString org.qstardict.dbus.translateHtml(QString text) QDBusVariant org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get(QString interface_name, QString property_name) void org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Set(QString interface_name, QString property_name, QDBusVariant value) QString org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect() List of available properties: readwrite int org.qstardict.dbus.mainWindowVisible You can call these methods from your applications or by using the qdbus program. This command qdbus org.qstardict.dbus /qstardict org.qstardict.dbus.showPopup "text" will show a QStarDict popup window with a translation of the "text". If you want to show/hide QStarDict window using keyboard shortcuts you must bind the following command to a shortcut: qdbus org.qstardict.dbus /qstardict org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Set org.qstardict.dbus mainWindowVisible $(( ! $(qdbus org.qstardict.dbus /qstardict org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get org.qstardict.dbus mainWindowVisible))) HOMEPAGE
QStarDict website <http://qstardict.ylsoftware.com> AUTHOR
QStarDict was written by Alexander Rodin <rodin.alexander@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Alexander Rodin <rodin.alexander@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
stardict(1) sdcv(1) qdbus(1) November 11, 2007 QSTARDICT(1)