Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating script in rc.d
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Creating script in rc.d Post 303042986 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 15th of January 2020 04:33:55 AM
Old 01-15-2020
Yes, now you can see the respective links in the /etc/rc.d/rc?d/ directories.
First you can test your script with e.g.
Code:
service myscript stop
service myscript start

And if this works fine, do a system reboot to test that it auto-starts okay.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

creating a new C script

All right. Heres the deal, I need to know everysingle command or funtion there is to create a new c file (file.c). Heres the catch: I cannot use text editors!!!:mad: I heard of a "gcc" command is that any good?:confused: Thanks..:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbRa-KaDabRa
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating a script

I am trying to create a application in OSX through UNIX that will run a script to mount an image from a CD-ROM and run the application which it corresponds to, all with double clicking on a icon in OSX. Any thoughts or ideas? -Mad (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madknowledge
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script

I need to automate the following process: I have a list of ip address for printers in a file called iplist.txt, I need to take that list and run the command snmpget -v 1 -c public ip address sysName.0 for each ip address to see if the printer is running snmp, I want to the create a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inLine6
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

6. Programming

need help with creating a sh script

Hi everyone I’m not a programmer and my knowledge of scripting is very poor, now I’m stock in a task at work and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Here is the problem: 1. I have a file with 9 million entries that look like this : 611424167 610864581 611881523 609585386... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiker1064
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a script

Alright, well I did some more research since I originally posted this thread, and as much as I'd like to delete it, I can't, so I'll just extend my initial question a little. Right now I have 3 scripts: 1#!/bin/bash # script1 - Write all files modfied x days ago find .. -daystart -mtime 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating file restoration script from a backup script.

Hi all i am struggling in creating a restore of env files while doing applications clone. the first file i created for copying the important configurations file which is running perfect now for reverting the changes i mean when i am restoring these files to its original places i have to do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating IN list in PLSQL script dynamically by using shell script

Hi all, I have a PLSQL script which has a IN list where it takes some ids as input. For example SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN (comma separated list ) I want to run this quest inside a shell script but I would like to prepare the IN list dynamically where the employee ids... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating a script

Hi everyone, I am completely new to this forum and I have some questions regarding a script I am writing. I would be happy if anyone could help me with the small and precise script which should include if, then, else, while until, case and select. The scenario is as follows: 1) A user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenotfound
3 Replies
STARTPAR(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       STARTPAR(8)

NAME
startpar - start runlevel scripts in parallel SYNOPSIS
startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] [-a arg] prg1 prg2 ... startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] -M [ boot|start|stop] DESCRIPTION
startpar is used to run multiple run-level scripts in parallel. The degree of parallelism on one CPU can be set with the -p option, the default is full parallelism. An argument to all of the scripts can be provided with the -a option. Processes blocked by pending I/O will cause new process creation to be weighted by the iorate factor 800. To change this factor the option -i can be used to specify another value. The amount weight=(nblockedxiorate)/1000 will be subtracted from the total number of processes which could be started, where nblocked is the number of processes currently blocked by pending I/O. The output of each script is buffered and written when the script exits, so output lines of different scripts won't mix. You can modify this behaviour by setting a timeout. The timeout set with the -t option is used as buffer timeout. If the output buffer of a script is not empty and the last output was timeout seconds ago, startpar will flush the buffer. The -T option timeout works more globally. If no output is printed for more than global_timeout seconds, startpar will flush the buffer of the script with the oldest output. Afterwards it will only print output of this script until it is finished. The -M option switches startpar into a make(1) like behaviour. This option takes three different arguments: boot, start, and stop for reading .depend.boot or .depend.start or .depend.stop respectively in the directory /etc/init.d/. By scanning the boot and runlevel direc- tories in /etc/init.d/ it then executes the appropriate scripts in parallel. FILES
/etc/init.d/.depend.boot /etc/init.d/.depend.start /etc/init.d/.depend.stop SEE ALSO
init(8) insserv(8). COPYRIGHT
2003,2004 SuSE Linux AG, Nuernberg, Germany. 2007 SuSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany. AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> Jun 2003 STARTPAR(8)