Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating script in rc.d
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Creating script in rc.d Post 303042982 by anaigini45 on Wednesday 15th of January 2020 01:40:12 AM
Old 01-15-2020
But rc.local is not a directory. It's a file. How do I put my script there?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

creating a new C script

All right. Heres the deal, I need to know everysingle command or funtion there is to create a new c file (file.c). Heres the catch: I cannot use text editors!!!:mad: I heard of a "gcc" command is that any good?:confused: Thanks..:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbRa-KaDabRa
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating a script

I am trying to create a application in OSX through UNIX that will run a script to mount an image from a CD-ROM and run the application which it corresponds to, all with double clicking on a icon in OSX. Any thoughts or ideas? -Mad (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madknowledge
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script

I need to automate the following process: I have a list of ip address for printers in a file called iplist.txt, I need to take that list and run the command snmpget -v 1 -c public ip address sysName.0 for each ip address to see if the printer is running snmp, I want to the create a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inLine6
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

6. Programming

need help with creating a sh script

Hi everyone I’m not a programmer and my knowledge of scripting is very poor, now I’m stock in a task at work and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Here is the problem: 1. I have a file with 9 million entries that look like this : 611424167 610864581 611881523 609585386... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiker1064
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a script

Alright, well I did some more research since I originally posted this thread, and as much as I'd like to delete it, I can't, so I'll just extend my initial question a little. Right now I have 3 scripts: 1#!/bin/bash # script1 - Write all files modfied x days ago find .. -daystart -mtime 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating file restoration script from a backup script.

Hi all i am struggling in creating a restore of env files while doing applications clone. the first file i created for copying the important configurations file which is running perfect now for reverting the changes i mean when i am restoring these files to its original places i have to do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating IN list in PLSQL script dynamically by using shell script

Hi all, I have a PLSQL script which has a IN list where it takes some ids as input. For example SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN (comma separated list ) I want to run this quest inside a shell script but I would like to prepare the IN list dynamically where the employee ids... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating a script

Hi everyone, I am completely new to this forum and I have some questions regarding a script I am writing. I would be happy if anyone could help me with the small and precise script which should include if, then, else, while until, case and select. The scenario is as follows: 1) A user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenotfound
3 Replies
INIT.D(7)						       The SuSE boot concept							 INIT.D(7)

NAME
INIT.D - The SuSE boot concept SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/* /etc/sysconfig DESCRIPTION
The scripts for controlling the system are placed in /etc/init.d/ (they have been moved according to the Linux Standard Base (LSB) specifi- cation). These scripts are executed directly or indirectly by /sbin/init, the father of all processes. The configuration of /sbin/init is given by the file /etc/inittab (see inittab(5)). At boot time, the boot level master script /etc/init.d/boot is called to initialise the system (e.g. file system check, ...). It also exe- cutes some hardware init scripts linked into /etc/init.d/boot.d/. Then it calls /etc/init.d/boot.local, which executes the local commands. After system startup, /sbin/init will normally switch on the default run level given in /etc/inittab. It calls the run level master script /etc/init.d/rc to start or stop services provided by the other scripts under /etc/init.d/. Both scripts, then boot level master script /etc/init.d/boot and the the run level master script /etc/init.d/rc starts all other boot or runlevel scripts either sequential or partial parallel within their dependencies order. To control the services of a run level, the corresponding scripts are linked into run level directories /etc/init.d/rc<X>.d/, where <X>=0,1,2,3,4,5,6,S is the run level number. There are two kinds of symbolic link: start links, which are called when entering a run level, and stop links, which are called when leav- ing a run level. Note that each service in the run levels 2, 3, 4, and 5 consists of a start and a stop link. Within SuSE boot concept a differential link scheme is used to be able to change a runlevel in comparision with the former level. If parallel executing of the boot scripts is enabled (see /etc/sysconfig/boot variable RUN_PARALLEL) then both master scripts uses the pro- gram startpar(8) which starts or stops multiple services in parallel. Startpar(8) will look for the files /etc/init.d/.depend.boot, /etc/init.d/.depend.start, and /etc/init.d/.depend.stop to get the dependencies for each service. The files will be written, beside the symbolic links in the boot and runlevel directories, by the program insserv(8). To avoid redundant starts when changing run levels, only those services are started which have no start link in the previous run level. And to avoid redundant stops when changing run levels, only those services are stopped which have no start link in the current level. To control this behaviour, the names of the scripts are added on the names of the start and stop links. To control the order of service starts and stops, the start and stop links include a number in their link name. The system configuration files in /etc/sysconfig contain most of the variables used to configure the installed services. These variables can easily be changed by YaST or by using an editor. After using an editor, the script /sbin/SuSEconfig must be called to distribute the settings into the system. Some details The script /etc/init.d/lpd starts or stops the line printer daemon for the printing service, according to the flag used: /etc/init.d/lpd start and /etc/init.d/lpd stop To do this automatically in run level 3, this script is linked into /etc/init.d/rc3.d/ with these two symbolic links /etc/init.d/rc3.d/S20lpd -> ../lpd and /etc/init.d/rc3.d/K20lpd -> ../lpd The corresponding link with the letter S is used to start a service. For the printing service the number between the letter S and the name should be greater than the number of the start link of the network service. The corresponding link with the letter K is used to stop a service. The number of the stop link for the printing service should be less than that of the stop link for the network service so that the printer daemon is stopped before shutting down the network service. Run levels and their services 0 This level is used for halting the system. The only valid service for this level is the script halt, which is linked into /etc/init.d/rc0.d/. The script halt executes /etc/init.d/halt.local. Special system issues for halt or reboot should be added there. 6 This level is used for rebooting the system. The only valid service for this level is the script reboot, which is linked into /etc/init.d/rc6.d/. The script reboot executes /etc/init.d/halt.local. Specials system issues for halt or reboot should be added there. S This mode is used to switch from boot phase into single user mode. The last valid service for this mode is the script single, which is linked into /etc/init.d/rcS.d/. In this mode you have only one console. 1 According to the Linux Standard Base (LSB) specification this runlevel is used to switch from normal runlevel into single user mode. This is different from former SuSE Linux versions! 2 The run level 2 is without remote networking. Note that on some other systems this is identical with the single user mode. This run level can have more than one virtual console. 3 The run level 3 is with network. This run level is for server stations not automatically running X. 5 The level 5 is with network and xdm(1). You should have a configured and perfectly running X Window System for this work station run level. 4 The run level 4 is not (yet) used. /etc/init.d/skeleton This script is a model for writing your own. You can use insserv(8) to include your own script into a run level. FILES
/etc/init.d/* /etc/init.d/boot /etc/init.d/boot.local /etc/init.d/halt /etc/init.d/halt.local /etc/init.d/rc /etc/init.d/reboot /etc/init.d/skeleton /etc/init.d/single /etc/init.d/boot.d/S[0-9][0-9]* /etc/init.d/rc0.d/{K,S}[0-9][0-9]* /etc/init.d/rc1.d/{K,S}[0-9][0-9]* /etc/init.d/rc2.d/{K,S}[0-9][0-9]* /etc/init.d/rc3.d/{K,S}[0-9][0-9]* /etc/init.d/rc4.d/{K,S}[0-9][0-9]* /etc/init.d/rc5.d/{K,S}[0-9][0-9]* /etc/init.d/rc6.d/{K,S}[0-9][0-9]* /etc/init.d/rcS.d/{K,S}[0-9][0-9]* /etc/init.d/.depend.boot /etc/init.d/.depend.start /etc/init.d/.depend.stop /etc/inittab /etc/sysconfig/boot /etc/sysconfig SEE ALSO
insserv(8), startpar(8), init(8), inittab(5), and the SuSE Linux handbook, chapter The SuSE boot concept. COPYRIGHT
1996-2005 SuSE Linux AG, Nuernberg, Germany. AUTHORS
Florian La Roche <http://www.suse.de/feedback>, Werner Fink <werner@suse.de>, Burchard Steinbild <http://www.suse.de/feedback>. 4.4 Berkeley Distribution Nov 15, 2000 INIT.D(7)