Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Manipulating UNIX and sqlite db Post 303042934 by Neo on Sunday 12th of January 2020 08:37:10 AM
Old 01-12-2020
Or course it "would be possible".....

Please write your code and show us what you are trying to do "in code" and describe your system details.

(which you have not done).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sqlite issue?

i'm on freebsd 5.2.1, and from a fresh installation i've used pkg_add for the latest ported version of apache, as well as installing php 5. supposedly php5 comes with native support for sqlite (in the binary package), and this is what i added. i am trying to install a site engine (the 'gyrator'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brandan
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

sqlite database in HP-UX vs Linux

Hi everybody, We have a cgi application which accesses sqlite database. It works fine in Linux environment but the same code doesn't enter data into the database when done in HP-UX environment. Should the codes vary depending on whether it is Linux or HP-UX. Regards Ruma (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perlprg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - SQLite question

Hello All, I am trying to write a Perl script that is using 'SQLite' as the application needs a very light weight Database. I wanted to know how to catch exceptions when I run queries in SQLite. Without this the Perl script comes to a halt everytime an exception occurs. Please help. Regards,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

hell and sqlite

Hi everyone, I have a requirement that requires me to fill an sqlite database with 100,000 entries (no duplicates). I will start out by giving the command that will insert the values necessary to populate the database: # sqlite /var/local/database/dblist "insert into list... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogoy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]sqlite with shell script

hlow all i have file like this : BDG0100.2011091620162100CF5341.DAT BDG0100.2011091720175500CF5342.DAT BDG0100.2011091820192900CF5343.DAT BDG0100.2011091920210600CF5344.DAT but now i want make file like this 20110916.DAT 20110919.DAT 20110918.DAT 20110919.DAT so what i can do that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

ruby/SQLite database interface

Hello, I'm not sure this is quite the right place, but there do seem to be allot of posts with folks using ruby to play nicely with databases so I thought I would give it a go. I am starting a long process of developing a database application bases on SQLite and ruby. This will run on various... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with manipulating environmental variables in UNIX

I am wondering if there is away to increment a date in c shell. What I need to do is basic, but I lack the knowledge. I have they following environmental variable in my job scripts setenv YYYY `date '+%Y'` I then set YYYY to be part of my output dataset name: setenv dd_OUTPUTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating column in a file in UNIX

Hi I have a file content.txt where I want to replace the value of second column of the file with half of the value of that column. I only have to replace if the second column starts with COM_, rest all values have to be same eg, cat content.txt |COM_A|123|JHV|8475 |ABC|2765|BV|876... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
7 Replies
PERROR(1)						       MySQL Database System							 PERROR(1)

NAME
perror - explain error codes SYNOPSIS
perror [options] errorcode ... DESCRIPTION
For most system errors, MySQL displays, in addition to an internal text message, the system error code in one of the following styles: message ... (errno: #) message ... (Errcode: #) You can find out what the error code means by examining the documentation for your system or by using the perror utility. perror prints a description for a system error code or for a storage engine (table handler) error code. Invoke perror like this: shell> perror [options] errorcode ... Example: shell> perror 13 64 OS error code 13: Permission denied OS error code 64: Machine is not on the network To obtain the error message for a MySQL Cluster error code, invoke perror with the --ndb option: shell> perror --ndb errorcode Note that the meaning of system error messages may be dependent on your operating system. A given error code may mean different things on different operating systems. perror supports the following options. o --help, --info, -I, -? Display a help message and exit. o --ndb Print the error message for a MySQL Cluster error code. o --silent, -s Silent mode. Print only the error message. o --verbose, -v Verbose mode. Print error code and message. This is the default behavior. o --version, -V Display version information and exit. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 PERROR(1)