Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to avoid errors when moving files in a bff? Post 303042926 by zxmaus on Saturday 11th of January 2020 01:02:43 AM
Old 01-11-2020
you need to better explain what you are trying to actually do. Creating a package on AIX means that you define which part of your package goes into which directory - and all parts of your package need to be there. You can have a different installroot directory but you must define (create) it within the package itself. From how I understand you you want to move parts of the packages elsewhere as part of the installation? I don't understand why. You create the directory structure you want, you fill it with the content you want, you create a template file that tells the mkinstallp command what goes into the file, what version number it has and so on and afterwards you package.

Last edited by zxmaus; 01-11-2020 at 02:17 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to zxmaus For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

avoid displaying errors while executing a script

Hi all, I am running a script on bash shell, although it gives me the desired output, it displays some errors at the prompt like this directory doesnt exists unary operator etc etc Is there someway to avoid these errors ?? Its very annoying to have these errors while the script is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
4 Replies

2. Programming

What is the proper way to combine C++ files (with g++) to avoid link (ld) errors?

Problem background: gcc v 4.1 2 .cpp files, 2 .h files Files: main.cpp a.cpp a.h b.h Organization: main.cpp includes a.h (because it calls a.cpp code) a.cpp includes a.h a.h includes b.h (because a class in a.h uses a b.h class) There is no inheritance between a.h or b.h or any of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnqsmith
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid files being archived

hi all, i want to write a shell script which can automatically touch my all files within a folder in an interval of 90 days ...so that i can avoid them being archived. I don't want to manually touch the all files instead i want an automated shell script to do this. Thanks in advance, Om (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti
3 Replies

4. AIX

Creating/Installing a bff

I posted my question here regarding creating/installing a bff package to a directory of user's choice (instead of fixed one), still looking for an answer :o mklpp does not seem to handle this. (Can someone confirm?) Can the .toc file edited prior to installing the bff and modified so that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JStone
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid duplication within 2 files?

Hi all, Actually 2 files are there - file1, file2. file1 contains ---> london mosco america russia mosco file2 contains --> europe india japan mosco england london Question is I want to print all the city names without duplication cities in those... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Any way to avoid these errors?

Hello, this is solaris 10 on SF v440, I know below errors might go away if I put a new PS or put the original one back in socket but is there any other way to stop these errors from appearing in /var/adm/messages ? I do not want to put the failed PS1 in socket neither do we want to spend on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

7. AIX

BFF to ISO conversion

Hi, I did a search but could not find this.I have some bff images of AIX 5.3 and VIOS as well on my windows laptop. I need to create their iso images so that I could load them onto the lpars. I cant ftp/scp etc these images to the box. I also cant copy them to CD and mount them on the AIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theaixeman
4 Replies

8. AIX

bff package

Guys, I wana know whats the package name for a .bff file Example: Whats the package name for the update file - U833703.bff ? is there a way to convert it back to regular format? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzahed
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid locking between two files:

Hi frnz, I have requirement as follows.. There are two Modules say A and B...n both have few set of files..we have one script which read these files and load into database(vertica) table..while running script smtimes i encounter an error like one table is getting loaded from A module file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
7 Replies
DH_DI_NUMBERS(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_DI_NUMBERS(1)

NAME
dh_di_numbers - install numbered scripts into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_di_numbers [debhelper options] [dir [...] dest] DESCRIPTION
dh_di_numbers is a debhelper program that installs directories of numbered scripts into package build directories. Within each directory, there should be a "_numbers" file in which each line contains at least two space-separated fields. The first field in each line is a two-digit number, which will be prefixed to the entry name to provide ordering within the directory; the second is the entry name, which must correspond to a file or directory alongside the "_numbers" file; and the third field, if present, is another two- digit number which identifies another entry with the same entry name to which this entry should be a symlink. Any additional directory names specified as parameters will be installed in the package build directory of the first package dh_di_numbers is told to act on. By default, this is the first binary package in debian/control, but if you use -p, -i, or -a flags, it will be the first package specified by those flags. FILES
debian/package.di-numbers List the directories to install into each package and the directory they should be installed to. The format is a set of lines, where each line lists a directory or directories to install, and at the end of the line tells the directory they should be installed in. The name of the directories to install should be given relative to the current directory, while the installation directory is given relative to the package build directory. You may use wildcards in the names of the files to install (in v3 mode and above). OPTIONS
dir [...] dest Lists directories to install and where to install them to. The files will be installed into the first package dh_di_numbers acts on. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of dh-di. AUTHOR
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> 3 2009-09-16 DH_DI_NUMBERS(1)