Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to avoid errors when moving files in a bff? Post 303042925 by Neo on Saturday 11th of January 2020 12:07:43 AM
Old 01-11-2020
You should really post the script you are using, if you wish to have help.

Thanks.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

avoid displaying errors while executing a script

Hi all, I am running a script on bash shell, although it gives me the desired output, it displays some errors at the prompt like this directory doesnt exists unary operator etc etc Is there someway to avoid these errors ?? Its very annoying to have these errors while the script is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
4 Replies

2. Programming

What is the proper way to combine C++ files (with g++) to avoid link (ld) errors?

Problem background: gcc v 4.1 2 .cpp files, 2 .h files Files: main.cpp a.cpp a.h b.h Organization: main.cpp includes a.h (because it calls a.cpp code) a.cpp includes a.h a.h includes b.h (because a class in a.h uses a b.h class) There is no inheritance between a.h or b.h or any of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnqsmith
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid files being archived

hi all, i want to write a shell script which can automatically touch my all files within a folder in an interval of 90 days ...so that i can avoid them being archived. I don't want to manually touch the all files instead i want an automated shell script to do this. Thanks in advance, Om (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti
3 Replies

4. AIX

Creating/Installing a bff

I posted my question here regarding creating/installing a bff package to a directory of user's choice (instead of fixed one), still looking for an answer :o mklpp does not seem to handle this. (Can someone confirm?) Can the .toc file edited prior to installing the bff and modified so that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JStone
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid duplication within 2 files?

Hi all, Actually 2 files are there - file1, file2. file1 contains ---> london mosco america russia mosco file2 contains --> europe india japan mosco england london Question is I want to print all the city names without duplication cities in those... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Any way to avoid these errors?

Hello, this is solaris 10 on SF v440, I know below errors might go away if I put a new PS or put the original one back in socket but is there any other way to stop these errors from appearing in /var/adm/messages ? I do not want to put the failed PS1 in socket neither do we want to spend on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

7. AIX

BFF to ISO conversion

Hi, I did a search but could not find this.I have some bff images of AIX 5.3 and VIOS as well on my windows laptop. I need to create their iso images so that I could load them onto the lpars. I cant ftp/scp etc these images to the box. I also cant copy them to CD and mount them on the AIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theaixeman
4 Replies

8. AIX

bff package

Guys, I wana know whats the package name for a .bff file Example: Whats the package name for the update file - U833703.bff ? is there a way to convert it back to regular format? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzahed
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid locking between two files:

Hi frnz, I have requirement as follows.. There are two Modules say A and B...n both have few set of files..we have one script which read these files and load into database(vertica) table..while running script smtimes i encounter an error like one table is getting loaded from A module file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
7 Replies
DAPTUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 DAPTUP(8)

NAME
daptup - wrapper script on 'apt-get update' SYNOPSIS
daptup [ --pre | --post | --last ] [ -h | --help ] [ --nocolor ] OPTIONS
--pre Do only 'pre' stage: collect info that will be used as 'old'. Usually need to be specified only in apt hooks. --post If appropriate option is enabled in config file, do only 'post' stage: collect 'new' info and output changes. Otherwise do nothing. Usually need to be specified only in apt hooks. --last Output changes only. This option is supposed to be specified when you want to see changes made in the last update. Note that list of outdated packages, if daptup is configured to output it, will be rebuilt. -h --help prints the help --nocolor Disables color output, useful for scripts or when output is not terminal. Now works only with --last option, however, you can dis- able color globally in configuration file. daptup is a script that runs "apt-get update" inside and outputs list of packages recently entered to repo, list of packages which got new updates, list of changes in 'watched' packages and, optionally, list of outdated packages. Starting with 0.8.0 version, daptup uses apt hooks and you don't need to explicitly call it if you use 'apt-get update'. TROUBLESHOOTING
If daptup was interrupted while building the lists, the cached lists can stay in inconsistent state, which is inappropriate if you want to use --last option before the new update. There is nothing to do if interrupt was occured at the moment when old lists were building (besides running the new update). However, if interrupt was occured when the new lists were building, you can easily redo this stage by calling 'daptup --post'. FILES
/etc/daptup.conf self-documented configuration file /var/spool/daptup/outdated cached file with info about outdated packages SEE ALSO
apt-get(8), aptitude(8), apt-show-versions(1p) AUTHOR
daptup was written by Eugene V. Lyubimkin. This manual page was written by Eugene V. Lyubimkin <jackyf.devel@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Oct 15, 2008 DAPTUP(8)