Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pad 0 to the right
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Pad 0 to the right Post 303042910 by MadeInGermany on Friday 10th of January 2020 10:08:49 AM
Old 01-10-2020
The latter suggestion is portable.
Once defined as a function it becomes handy:
Code:
rightpad0() { printf "%s%0$((${1}-${#2}))d\n" "${2}"; }

rightpad0 9 2457

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

number pad?

Is there anyway to use the fr*$%& number pad in VI? Anyway? Anyway at all? All it does now random movements and inserts of characters (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nelsonenzo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pad spaces

Hello, I have to write a function to input a Label and a number, and output a line as the following format: Column 1 to 30: field label, left justified. Column 31 to 45: A number, right justified. The middle is padded with space. May I know how can I achieve this? (I don't know how to count... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarahho
3 Replies

3. Solaris

number pad in vi

Hi, I'm on a sunos SVR4.0 box, my number pad works on the command line but does not work in vi any ideas how to enable it under vi? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pad Zeros

Hi can I know command to pad Zeros to a value I get 16 and I need to send 0000000016 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pad

Hi All I need a pad a . to befoure a last digi ex 1258 --> 125.8 help to do thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalakaatslt
4 Replies

6. Programming

How to right pad with zeros using sprintf?

I need to right-pad with zeros a string by using (s)printf. I looked up the manual and tried with printf("%-19s", buffer); which right-pad the string with spaces. So I tried printf("%019s", buffer); which left-pad the string with zeros. So I tried both printf("%-019s", buffer);... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pad Zeros at the end

I have number/strings like below input =23412133 output = 234121330000 (depends on the number give at runtime) i need to padd zeros based on runtime input . i tried below printf ' %d%04d\n', "23412133"; But the precision 4 is static here how can i pass this as runtime input. i am... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
11 Replies
PadComp(3U)						    InterViews Reference Manual 					       PadComp(3U)

NAME
PadComp, PadView, PadGraphic, PSPad - pad connector subject, view, structured graphic, and PostScript external representation SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/Components/pad.h> DESCRIPTION
PadComp is a Connector subclass that supports connectivity with two degrees of freedom. It uses a PadGraphic to store its graphical attributes. PadView is a GraphicView for displaying the pad. PSPad is a PostScriptView that externalizes the subject's information in PostScript form. PADCOMP PUBLIC OPERATIONS
PadComp(PadGraphic* = nil) The constructor takes an optional PadGraphic that defines the pad's graphical attributes. virtual void Interpret(Command*) virtual void Uninterpret(Command*) PadComp (un)interprets a subset of commands that connectors can generally interpret, namely MoveCmd, BrushCmd, AlignCmd, Mobility- Cmd, DeleteCmd, and CutCmd. virtual Mobility GetMobility() virtual void SetMobility(Mobility) PadComp redefines these functions to return and assign its _mobility protected member. The pad has fixed mobility initially. Pad* GetPad() Return the Pad graphic that defines the line's attributes. GetPad is simply a more specific form of the GetGraphic operation. PADVIEW PUBLIC OPERATIONS
PadView(PadComp* = nil) Create an PadView, optionally supplying the subject. virtual void Interpret(Command*) PadView interprets AlignToGridCmd to align its lower left to the grid. virtual Manipulator* CreateManipulator( Viewer*, Event&, Transformer*, Tool* ) virtual void InterpretManipulator(Manipulator*) PadViews respond only to manipulation by GraphicCompTools, MoveTools, and ConnectTools. PadView inherits its MoveTool response from ConnectorView. GraphicCompTool will let the user sweep out a rectangle that reflects the pad's size. Creation will be influenced by gravity, if any. PadView creates a ConnectManip in response to the ConnectTool, which will exhibit a gravational attraction to potential target connectors. PadView will produce a ConnectCmd to connect the pad to its target. A pad connected in this way will receive floating mobility. PadComp* GetPadComp() Return the subject. PADVIEW PROTECTED OPERATIONS
PadGraphic* GetPad() Return the PadGraphic that defines the pad's attributes. GetPad is simply a more specific form of the GetGraphic operation. virtual PadComp* NewSubject(PadGraphic*) A helper function that creates a PadComp subject with the given pad graphic. This function produces the proper subject when the GraphicCompTool's manipulator is interpreted. Subclasses can redefine this operation to return a PadComp subclass, thus eliminating the need to reimplement InterpretManipulator. Manipulator* CreateGraphicCompManip( Viewer*, Event&, Transformer*, Tool* ) Manipulator* CreateConnectManip( Viewer*, Event&, Transformer*, Tool* ) Command* InterpretGraphicCompManip(Manipulator*) Command* InterpretConnectManip(Manipulator*) Helper functions used by CreateManipulator and InterpretManipulator to create and interpret the manipulators associated with Graph- icCompTool and ConnectTool. PADGRAPHIC PUBLIC OPERATIONS
PadGraphic( Coord = 0, Coord = 0, Coord = 0, Coord = 0, Graphic* = nil ) Create a PadGraphic, optionally specifying lower-left and upper-right corners and a graphic from which to obtain its default graph- ics attributes. void GetOriginal(Coord&, Coord&, Coord&, Coord&) Return the PadGraphic's original coordinates as specified in the constructor. PSPAD PUBLIC OPERATIONS
PSPad(PadComp* = nil) Construct a PostScript external representation of the given subject, if any. SEE ALSO
BrushCmd(3U), ConnectTool(3U), Connector(3U), ConnectorView3U), Event(3I), Graphic(3U), GraphicCompTool(3U), Grid(3U), MoveTool(3U), Pat- ternCmd(3U), PostScriptView(3U), Transformer(3I), Viewer(3U), align(3U), edit(3U), manips(3U), transforms(3U) Unidraw 23 January 1991 PadComp(3U)