Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Snmptrapd configuration on rhel 8 Post 303042886 by yash_message on Thursday 9th of January 2020 12:10:17 PM
Old 01-09-2020
Snmptrapd configuration on rhel 8

I need to configure snmptrap on rhel 8 server and send trap to nimsoft for file system , memory and cpu load and network diconnection status.
please help me, if any one configured.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmptrapd.conf

Hi All Can anybody tell me how to configure snmptrapd.conf ? Thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeenat
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmptrapd.conf

i tried this to get snmptrapd.conf bt unable... # snmpconf The following installed configuration files were found: 1: /etc/snmp/snmp.conf 2: /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf 3: /usr/share/snmp/snmp.conf 4: /usr/share/snmp/snmpd.conf Would you like me to read them in? Their... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeenat
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmptrapd uses all the CPU and 4 Go memory

Hello all, Below what I saw on my solaris 10 box : $ prstat PID USERNAME SIZE RSS STATE PRI NICE TIME CPU PROCESS/NLWP 683 root 4082M 91M run 10 0 41:45:39 96% snmptrapd/1 syslog gives a lot of : snmptrapd: illegal data attempted to be added to table nlmLogVariableTable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gino_75
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

NTP Configuration on RHEL 5.4

Hi, I'm trying to configure NTP client, however it failes to sync correctly. Even after I manually set the time, once it connects with the NTP server, it pushes the time ahead by 4 hours. We have set an AIX host as NTP server. It works fine for other AIX hosts, however fails on RHEL 5.4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_min
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snmptrapd

Hi everybody, I'm trying to run a SNMP supervisor on Debian Lenny to supervise Uninteruptible Power Systems which support SNMP. I've installed snmp and snmpd debian packages for NET-SNMP 5.4.1 et i've configured /etc/snmp file with the snmpconf perl script : file /etc/snmp/snmp.conf #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dedibox
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL 6.0 net configuration

hello, I have installed RHEL 6.0 on my lappy in a separate partion with windows 7 on the hardware(not using VMWARE).Now kindly help me to active network configuration in that?????Is it require to have LINUX wireless drivers???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dillipkmrpadhy
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

RIP configuration in RHEL 6.3

Hi, Can someone please help me configuring RIP (Routing Information Protocol v2 ). I have tried few manuals and posts from networking sites and i didnt get a clear picture. This is what i have done: 1. Installed routed package and started routed service. however, Dynamic routes are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddybs
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Need Good Configuration For RHEL Virtualization Desktop

Hi All , I want a Good Specification For Building a Coustum PC must Have With Intel Motherboard and Intel Processor , And Must Have Virtualization , Cos im Gonna Install Redhat Enterprise Virtualization Based PC and Gonna install win Xp , Win 7 as a Guest Os in it .. Any one Have Good Spec for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5?

I wanted to know how to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5. I hope, my query is clear of how to setup DNS for RHEL 5. Please revert with the reply to my query Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies
snmptrap(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      snmptrap(1M)

NAME
snmptrap, snmpinform - send an SNMP trap to a manager SYNOPSIS
snmptrap -v 1 [common options] [-Ci] enterprise-oid agent generic-trap specific-trap uptime [oid type value...] snmptrap -v {2c | 3} [common options] [-Ci] uptime trap-oid [oid type value...] snmptrap -v {2c | 3} [common options] uptime trap-oid [oid type value...] DESCRIPTION
The snmptrap utility is an SNMP application that uses the SNMP TRAP operation to send information to a network manager. You can specify one or more object identifiers (OIDs) on the command line. A type and a value must accompany each object identifier. Each variable name must be entered in the format specified in snmp_variables(4). When invoked as snmpinform, or when you specify the -Ci option to snmptrap, it sends an INFORM-PDU, expecting a response from the trap receiver, and retransmitting if required. Otherwise, it sends a TRAP-PDU or TRAP2-PDU. If any of the required version 1 parameters--enterprise-oid, agent, and uptime--are specified as empty, they default to 1.3.6.1.4.1.3.1.1 (enterprises.cmu.1.1), hostname, and host-uptime respectively. The type is a single character, one of: i INTEGER u UNSIGNED c COUNTER32 s STRING x HEX STRING d DECIMAL STRING n NULLOBJ o OBJID t TIMETICKS a IPADDRESS b BITS For example, the following command sends a generic linkUp trap to manager, for interface 1: # snmptrap -v 1 -c public manager enterprises.spider test-hub 3 0 '' interfaces.iftable.ifentry.ifindex.1 i 1 OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -Ci Sends an INFORM-PDU, as described above. Applies only to snmptrap. This option provides the equivalent function of snmpinform. In addition to this option, snmptrap takes the common options described in the snmpcmd(1M) manual page. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. 1 A usage syntax error. A usage message is displayed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsmcmd | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1M), snmp_variables(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Jan 2004 snmptrap(1M)