Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Power machine 720 SAS disk
Operating Systems AIX Power machine 720 SAS disk Post 303042773 by zxmaus on Monday 6th of January 2020 11:58:57 AM
Old 01-06-2020
from the hardware itself, you cannot see the disks - you can only see the controllers, not what is attached to them.

As part of the SMS menu you can see the disks and sizes if you query the controllers - or when you install AIX as you have to select a suitable disks for the installation - with location code.

If you have AIX already installed, run these commands.

to find your SAS disks, run
Code:
lsdev -Cc disk | grep -i sas

to figure out the disk size of said disks use
Code:
getconf DISK_SIZE /dev/<hdisk>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount disk on other machine

I have two Unix machines on the network and now one of them are running out of disk but i have alot on the other so i like to mount the disk (or a folder) from the one that has disk and mount it on the other that does not. How do i do that? Is it possible i read the "man mount" but didn't really... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to know disk controllers in a machine

Hi!! I am these days working on a project, where I need to know about the disk controllers available in a machine (e.g., 3ware,IBM,etc). Please, let me know the command by which I can get the information. thnx, priyanka (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply2priyanka
3 Replies

3. AIX

Maximum Limit of HMC to handle Physical Power Virtualization Physical Machine

Hello All, Can anybody please tell me what is the maximum limit of Physical IBM Power Machine which can be handled by single HMC at a single point of time? Thanks, Jenish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jenish_shah
1 Replies

4. AIX

POWER HA 5.5 & Service IP / disk heart beat

Hello, I have a quick question regarding POWER HA ( HACMP ) 5.5 ; I have four ethernet adapters en0 en1 en2 en3 en0 is configured as BOOT_IP with IP address all other ethernet adapters are empty en1 / en2 / en3 so when I configure the service IP and start HACMP , the service IP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find physical disk type : SAS / SATA

Hi, Is there an easy way to find the disk-type from the command line or with another api ? sdparm works for SAS but not for SATA, hdparm works for SATA but not SAS. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coderd
1 Replies

6. AIX

Power HA 7 repository disk unmirrored?

hi guys, I don't like the new concept of the power ha 7 cluster with the repository disk and the internal solidb, I really would like to mirror this disk, but the "IBM PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 for AIX" redbook says, normal lvm operations should not be performed on this disk. even mirroring the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get current power consumption of a machine

Hi Is there any native commands or somewhere in the /proc files to get the machine's power consumption? I googled for a while and cannot really find this information Thanks for your help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Udev Rule TAG for identifying a local sas disk, non-scsi, non-fiber, non-iscsi

I need to add a VMware virtual disk to the 99-oracle-asmdevices.rules file but the OS is not assigning a WWID to the disk. It has been fdisk'd and a single partition created. What TAG inside the file needs to be added? the Program scsi-id does not work for some reason. latest patches... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
0 Replies

9. AIX

Power Machine password

Hi, I have installed the HMC on the VMWare VM. I try to add the power machine (managed system) and asking for a password? So this is the IBM predefined password of Power Machine? In the VMWare perspective, we can login to ESX host to do some management tasks. But how about the Power machine?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
6 Replies

10. AIX

Replaced pdisk not showing up in SAS Disk Array Configuration

OSLevel: 5300-10-02-0943 System Model: IBM,8203-E4A Power 6 == Hi! I replaced a failed pdisk in the raid enclosure as follows, - rmdev -l 'pdisk18' '-d' - Replaced it. - cfgmgr (detected) - I can see the new drive, with the correct serial # lscfg -v -l pdisk18 pdisk18... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estrar
2 Replies
mega_sas(7D)							      Devices							      mega_sas(7D)

NAME
mega_sas - SCSI HBA driver for LSI MegaRAID SAS controller DESCRIPTION
The mega_sas MegaRAID controller host bus adapter driver is a SCSA-compliant nexus driver that supports the Dell PERC 5/E, 5/i, 6/E and 6/i RAID controllers, the IBM ServeRAID-MR10k SAS/SATA controller and the LSI MegaRAID SAS/SATA 8308ELP, 8344ELP, 84016E, 8408ELP, 8480ELP, 8704ELP, 8704EM2, 8708ELP, 8708EM2, 8880EM2 and 8888ELP series of controllers. Supported RAID features include RAID levels 0, 1, 5, and 6, RAID spans 10, 50 and 60, online capacity expansion (OCE), online RAID level migration (RLM), auto resume after loss of system power during arrays, array rebuild or reconstruction (RLM) and configurable stripe size up to 1MB. Additional supported RAID features include check consistency for background data integrity, patrol read for media scanning and repairing, 64 logical drive support, up to 64TB LUN support, automatic rebuild and global and dedicated hot spare support. CONFIGURATION
The mega_sas.conf file contains no user configurable parameters. Please configure your hardware through the related BIOS utility or the MegaCli configuration utility. If you want to install to a drive attached to a mega_sas HBA, you should create the virtual drive first from the BIOS before running the Solaris install. You can obtain the MegaCli utility from the LSI website. The mega_sas device can support up to 64 virtual disks. Note that BIOS numbers the virtual disks as 1 through 64, however in the Solaris operating environment virtual disks are numbered from 0 to 63. Also note that SAS and SATA drives cannot be configured into the same vir- tual disk. KNOWN PROBLEMS AND LIMITATIONS
The mega_sas driver does not support the LSI MegaRAID SAS 8204ELP, 8204XLP, 8208ELP, and 8208XLP controllers. FILES
/kernel/drv/mega_sas 32-bit ELF kernel module. (x86) /kernel/drv/amd64/mega_sas 64-bit kernel module. (x86) /kernel/drv/mega_sas.conf Driver configuration file (contains no user-configurable options). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmegasas | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
prtconf(1M), attributes(5), sata(7D), scsi_hba_attach_setup(9F), scsi_sync_pkt(9F), scsi_transport(9F), scsi_inquiry(9S), scsi_device(9S), scsi_pkt(9S) Small Computer System Interface-2 (SCSI-2) SunOS 5.11 14 Aug 2008 mega_sas(7D)