Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers C shell concatenate string doesn't work Post 303042734 by student_wiz on Sunday 5th of January 2020 08:52:37 AM
Old 01-05-2020
C shell concatenate string doesn't work

I have the following code:

Code:
#!/bin/csh
clear
set cloud_file="/home/labs/koren/davidsr/general_scripts/MFP_10_PP_Parmas.txt" # to fill
set mie_tables_dir='/home/labs/koren/davidsr/SHDOM_MAIN/MIE_TABLES/non_polo_wave_0.7_water_50R_s0.5_e25_max_70.mie' # to fill
set prp_dir='${pp_dir}/pp_prp/'
set num_lwp=7 # to fill
set num_r=3 # to fill
#for each wavelength

foreach wav (0.7 1.61)
	echo "current wavelength is: $wav"
	set iter=1
	while ($iter <= $num_r)
		@ last_line=$iter * $num_lwp + $iter
		@ first_line=$last_line - $num_lwp
		@ second_line=$first_line + 1

set R_eff=`awk "NR==$first_line {print}" $cloud_file`
		set LWP=`awk "NR==$second_line, NR==$last_line {print}" $cloud_file`
		@ iter++
		foreach r ($R_eff)
			set r=$r | tr "\n" " "
			set r=$r | tr "\r" " "
			echo "current radius is: $r"
			foreach lwp ($LWP)
				set lwp=$lwp | tr "\n" " "
				set lwp=$lwp | tr "\r" " "
				echo "current lwp is: $lwp"
                		# echo "${prp_name}"
                		# prp_name+="${prp_name}_Re_${r}"
                		# echo "${prp_name}"
                		# set prp_name3="${prp_name2}_wav_${wav}"
                		# echo "${prp_name3}"
				set prp_name="pp_LWP_${lwp}_Re_${r}_wav_${wav}.prp"
				echo "${prp_name}"
			end
		end
	end
end

which the cloud file looks like:
Code:

although it should print the prp_name as constructed above I get the following:
Code:
current radius is: 3.0
current lwp is: 39.999
_wav_1.61.prp
current lwp is: 80.001
_wav_1.61.prp
current lwp is: 120.0
_wav_1.61.prp
current lwp is: 159.999
_wav_1.61.prp9
current lwp is: 200.001
_wav_1.61.prp1
current lwp is: 240.0
_wav_1.61.prp
current lwp is: 279.999
_wav_1.61.prp9

I couldn't fix the issue, would appreciate some help

Last edited by vbe; 01-05-2020 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: more code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep doesn't work within shell script?

I am trying to run the following code from a script file but it complains that syntax of (both instances of) grep is wrong. When I copy and paste it to the terminal, it is OK. Any idea what the problem might be? set i = `grep -c #define flags.h` while ($i>20) @ i-- my func (`cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barisgultekin
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate two strings or several strings into one string in B-shell?

like connect "summer" and "winter" to "summerwinter"? Can anybody help me? thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fontana
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cmds doesn't work in Bash shell . Plz help

Hi everyone, I have a Linux OS in my PC (older version 9). Its default shell is bash. Whenever I try to run some Perl program it throws error ! eg, if I run this simple PERL program , #!/usr/bin/perl printf "\lHello \n"; $var=3 ; printf $var; @list=(1,2,3); printf "@list";... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adc22
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script, echo doesn't work

#!/bin/sh something(){ echo "Inside something" echo $1 $2 } val=$(something "Hello " "world") Output expected: Inside somethingHello world But it's not echoing. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string with sed doesn't work

Hello, Unfortunately I don't found any working solution for my problem :/ I have pass file for dovecot authorizing in this format: user@domain.tld:{SSHA}Ykx2KVG/a2FKzjnctFFC2qFnrk9nvRmW:5000:5000:::: . . ...Now, I want to write some sh script for password changing for grep'ed user, in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincenty
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command in shell script doesn't work

Hello all, Something strange going on with a shell script I'm writing. It's trying to write a list of files that it finds in a given directory to another file. But I also have a skip list so matching files that are in that skip list should be, well uhm, skipped :) Here's the code of my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StijnV
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching user inside a shell script doesn't seem to work

Linux version : Oracle Linux 6.4 Shell : Bash The following script will be run as root. During the execution, it should switch to oracle user and execute few commands. After googling and searching within unix.com , I came up with the following syntax ## Enclosing all commands in double... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

Su to another user from root doesn't work within shell script

Hello I have a shell script that is run as root. Script rins ok until the point where it have to switch to user "mqm" to run other commands. It just hangs at the point of this line in the script su - mqm -c "dspmq" I ran the same commands at the terminal and they run fine. Any thoughts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo12
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
SONIC(1)						      General Commands Manual							  SONIC(1)

NAME
sonic - Speech speed manipulator SYNOPSIS
sonic [OPTION]... inFile outFile DESCRIPTION
Sonic is used to make wav files of speech faster or slower. The primary advance in sonic is the ability to speed speech up by much more than 2X, with minimal distortion. However, sonic can be used for both speeding up and slowing down speech files. Additionally, sonic can change the pitch and volume. OPTIONS
-c Modify pitch by emulating vocal chords vibrating faster or slower. This causes more distortion than the default pitch scaling, but sounds more like the same person trying to talk higher or lower. The default pitch changes makes the voice sound like a larger or smaller person, but introduces little distortion. -p pitch Set pitch scaling factor. 1.3 means 30%% higher. -q Disable all speed-up heuristics, possibly improving the quality slightly. This is mainly used for debugging the speed-up heuris- tics. -r rate Adjust the speed of playback. This sales both the pitch and speed equally. -s speed Set speed up factor. 1.0 means no change, 2.0 means 2X faster. -v scaleFactor Scale volume by scaleFactor. 1.5 increases by 50%. Clips if the maximum range is exceeded. EXAMPLES
sonic -s 3.2 book.wav book_fast.wav The above command would increase the speed of an audio book called book.wav by a factor of 3.2, and write the result in book_fast.wav. sonic -s 0.5 -v 1.5 spanish.wav spanish_slow.wav This would slow down the file spanish.wav by a factor of 2, make the volume 50% louder, and write the result to spanish_slow.wav. sonic -p 2.0 low.wav high.wav This would make a low voice sound very high pitched. AUTHOR
Bill Cox waywardgeek@gmail.com Sonic Version 0.1, Copyright 2010, Bill Cox, GPL license SONIC(1)