Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming NB-IoT Arduino Shield from AIS (Thailand) First Impressions Post 303042728 by Neo on Saturday 4th of January 2020 11:46:49 PM
Old 01-05-2020
Update: Answers to Questions (to Me):

Via PM

General Comment (something link): Please add more serial statements in your Arduino sketch to debug.

Reply: In the sketch (see post one) you can see this entry the code:

Code:
void setup()
{ 
  AISnb.debug = true;

// ....
}

So, there is already a considerable amount of serial logging built into the AIS NB-IoT library. You can look into the library to see that there is no shortage of serial debugging information in "debug" mode.

Via FB AIS NB-IoT Group

Question: How do we get the IMEI and IMSI from the board?

Reply: These methods are defined and available in the AIS NB-IoT library:

IMEI

Code:
String AIS_NB_BC95:: getIMEI()
{
	String out;
	_Serial->println(F("AT+CGSN=1"));
	AIS_NB_BC95_RES res = wait_rx_bc(1000,F("OK"));
	out = res.temp;
	out.replace(F("OK"),"");
	if (out.length() < 7)
	{
		return "";
	}
	out = out.substring(7,out.length());
	res = wait_rx_bc(1000,F("OK"));
	return (out);
}

IMSI

Code:
String AIS_NB_BC95:: getIMSI()
{
	_Serial->println(F("AT+CIMI"));
	AIS_NB_BC95_RES res = wait_rx_bc(1000,F("OK"));
	String out = res.temp;
    out.replace(F("OK"),"");
	out = out.substring(0,out.length());
	res = wait_rx_bc(500,F("OK"));
	return (out);
}

Please refer to the AIS NB-IoT library for more details.

Code:
https://github.com/AIS-DeviceInnovation/AIS_NB_BC95

It's all there.....

and for the AT commands reference for the BC95:

Code:
https://www.quectel.com/UploadImage/Downlad/Quectel_BC95_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.9.pdf

Please review the AIS NB-IoT library before posting comments or sending PMs. Answer to most questions can be found in the AIS NB-IoT library and the BC95 AT command reference manual (links above).

Finally.......

Via FB AIS NB-IoT Group

Comment: Obviously, AIS shop' staff aren't trained to this product. The best contact is mail to : aiap@ais.co.th

Reply: Correct; but for new registrations AIS customers must go to an AIS service center and provide a copy of their ID card or passport to register the device. This cannot be done via email, per AIS policy (so I was told by AIS Call Center).

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

java shield

dear experts i want to install java install shield on solaris but first i want to read more information and help about it can anyone gives me some links or guids that helps me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
0 Replies

2. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. Programming

Arduino UNIX Time - Syncing Computer UNIX Time to Arduino Time with Python

Just finished a quick Python script to send the current unix time over to the Arduino from macOS, so in the absence of GPS or some other way to get the unix timestamp (epoch time) to the Arduino, I can get my macOS and Arduino UNO synced to within a second. Normally, when the Arduino starts... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

4. Programming

Arduino Project with NB-IoT (3GPP) and LoRa / LoRaWAN

My favorite projects are always related to the "latest" tech in command and control, networking and network communications. This Elecrow GSM/GPRS/EDGE SIM5360E 3G Shield seems to be the "latest and the greatest" as far as 3G and GPS, as far as I can see so far, but I has it drawbacks for sure.... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

5. Programming

Elecrow GSM/GPRS/EDGE SIM5360E 3G Shield for Arduino

Normally I have very good experiences buying from AliExpress, but in this case with Elecrow, I'm disappointed. After confirming with Elecrow on AliExpress that their Elecrow GSM/GPRS/EDGE SIM5360E 3G Shield for Arduino would work with 3G SIM cards in Thailand, I purchased one. My plan was to... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Programming

Arduino Project: iPhone to HM-10 BLE to NB-IoT Shield to NB-IoT Network to Internet to Linux Server

This post describes a "work in progress" project I started today. Here is the High Level Overview: Currently, this project sits on my desk as an Arduino UNO (on the bottom), an NB-IoT Shield (sandwiched in the middle), a Sensor Shield (on top) with a HM-10 BLE Module (in the little... (13 Replies)
13 Replies