Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Insert year in ls -l command
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Insert year in ls -l command Post 303042711 by Aia on Friday 3rd of January 2020 08:06:51 PM
Old 01-03-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarinfa
@Jim,

Thanks for your reply, and yes i am well aware about DATE command and its relevant formats, kindly follow my first post carefully as i mentioned that i cannot use any ls options because i am getting file listing from ftp server. Is there any command which can give me desired result directly from ftp while using ls?

TIA

--- Post updated at 07:10 PM ---

Thank you @Ravinder,

I understood very well what you explained. Also can you tell me what if i have to extract year if i get input like this:

Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 360 600 165923 Dec 31 11:29 12312019 file1_12312019_062449.csv

Here 2019 is not whole word rather part of second field, tried using substr but not able to get the idea that how to nest split and substr function.

TIA
Code:
perl -ple 's/\w+?(\d{4})[._]/$1 $&/' kumarinfa.file

Output:
Code:
-rw-r--r--    1 360      600         94255 Jan 01 11:16  2020 file1_2020.csv
-rw-r--r--    1 360      600        114573 Dec 29 11:10  2019 file2_2019.csv
-rw-r--r--    1 360      600         41006 Dec 30 11:09  2019 file3_2019.csv
-rw-r--r--    1 360      600        165923 Dec 31 11:29  2019 file4_2019.csv
-rw-r--r-- 1 360 600 165923 Dec 31 11:29  2019 file1_12312019_062449.csv

Code:
awk '
{
  split($NF,array,"[_.]")
  yyyy = substr(array[2], length(array[2])-3)
  $NF=yyyy OFS $NF
}1' kumarinfa.file
-rw-r--r-- 1 360 600 94255 Jan 01 11:16 2020 file1_2020.csv
-rw-r--r-- 1 360 600 114573 Dec 29 11:10 2019 file2_2019.csv
-rw-r--r-- 1 360 600 41006 Dec 30 11:09 2019 file3_2019.csv
-rw-r--r-- 1 360 600 165923 Dec 31 11:29 2019 file4_2019.csv
-rw-r--r-- 1 360 600 165923 Dec 31 11:29 2019 file1_12312019_062449.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing year in ls command

Hi all .. As per rule i searched the forum i am not able found out ... I want to display the year in when listing the files .. when i use ls -lt it is not displaying files with recent 6 month old .. I know that perderabo has written a script for that if you give that link it will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing Year in ls -ltr command

Hi, When retrieving parameters of a file using ls command i need to print the year part . When i do ls -ltr the following output is displayed -rwxrwxrwx 1 d_infd d_infd 1711 Jan 8 2004 wf1.class. Here the year part is not displayed only Jan 8 is displayed. Can any one... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragugct
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last Command not giving year

Hi All, i want the last login details along with year. i tried below command but not giving me the year of last login. last <$Userid> | head -1 i heard that if it is current year then it wont display the year else it will display the year. is it so? if yes then , is there any way of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ani_rvce
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Last Command not giving year

Hi All, i want the last login details along with year. i tried below command but not giving me the year of last login. last <$Userid> | head -1 i heard that if it is current year then it wont display the year else it will display the year. is it so? if yes then , is there any way of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ani_rvce
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed insert command and variable expansion/command substitution

I know this script is crummy, but I was just messing around.. how do I get sed's insert command to allow variable expansion to show the filename? #!/bin/bash filename=`echo $0` /usr/bin/sed '/#include/ { i\ the filename is `$filename` }' $1 exit 0 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

LAST command with Year

Hi Guys, I'm trying to identify the last logins by all the users in the system in AIX. the last command gives me the output, but there is no year displayed for it . Since there is a duplication of months i mean Apr 2010 and Apr 2009 also its giving me inaccurate data.. Is there a way I can filter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix command : how to insert text at the cursor location via command line?

Hi, Well my title isn't very clear I think. So to understand my goal: I have a script "test1" #!/bin/bash xvkbd -text blabla with xbindkeys, I bind F5 key in order it runs my test1 script So when I press F5, test1 runs. I'm under Emacs/Vi and I press F5 in order to have "blabla" be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

8. Linux

uptime command output when the server is running more than one year?

What is the uptime command output when the server is running more than one year? My doubt is whether it show in number of days format or number years and number of days format? For example, Assume the server is running 400 days 3 hrs 3 min 3 secs. The output like 400 days 3:3 min or 1 year 5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthu
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix man command to find out month of the year?

how can i display month of the year i was born with using man command? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janetroop95
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to print previous year in UNIX

hi all, I use date +%Y which gives Current year. Requirement: I want previous year to be printed. Please help me. Note: I tried date +%d/%m/%Y -d "-1 years" which is not working. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wasim999
10 Replies
CSV2LATEX(1)						      General Commands Manual						      CSV2LATEX(1)

NAME
csv2latex -- convert a csv file into a LaTeX document SYNOPSIS
csv2latex [--nohead] [--longtable] [--noescape] [--guess] [--separator c|s|t|p|l] [--block q|d|n] [--lines #] [--position l|c|r] [--colorrows 0-1] [--reduce 1|2|3|4] [--repeatheader] [--nohlines] [--novlines] [file] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the csv2latex program. csv2latex is a program that reads a "comma separated values" (csv) file and outputs a LaTeX file with one or more tabular environments to display the printable values of the csv file. The LaTeX code is flushed on the standard output. So-called "comma separated values" files are common formats for exchanging two-dimensinal tables between programs such as spreadsheets edi- tors, to represent almost any kind of data. By default, a csv file is made of printable data separated by commas (`,'), each comma repre- senting a `cell' separator, and each line representing a row. By extension, cell separators can be represented by tabs if the comma is con- sidered as printable data. Moreover, some non true csv files can be assumed as two-dimensional tables as well. In some circumstances, if the printable data includes the cell separator of the exchange format, the latter can use a second extra character to embrace the printable data into a block (e.g: quoted text). Thus, it is still possible to parse the file by using the block delimiter (used twice to embrace the cell) instead of the separator. csv2latex aims to parse various csv formats plus formats that fits into the above definiton, assuming the data is text, and to produce a yet simple LaTeX file using the "tabular" environment for a table-style layout. Some options of output will also use macros provided by extra LaTeX packages that are commonly included in the main LaTeX distributions. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h --help Show summary of options. -v --version Show version of program. -n --nohead Do not output the LaTeX document header. This is useful when the output is to be included as a separate file into the master document. -t --longtable uses the 'longtable' package instead of the 'tabular' one. This is useful when the input is long, with --lines 0 option. This option uses the extra `longtable' LaTeX package. If you also use --nohead option, do not forget to add the following line into the header of your master document: "usepackage{longtable}". -x --noescape Do not escape TeX control characters from the input. This is useful when the input contains already TeX code. -g --guess Try to guess the csv format. This is useful when the input is not strictly a comma separated set of printable data. For exam- ple, a line like %Foo, Bar%:%Wizz: Hey% may be parsed as "Foo, Bar" then "Wizz: Hey". -s c|s|t|p|l --separator c|s|t|p|l Set the given separator as cell separator of the csv format. `c' means a comma (default). `s' means a semicolon. `t' means a tab. `p' means a space. `l' means a colon. -b q|d|n --block q|d|n Set the given block delimiter that embraces the printable data of the csv format. `q' means a simple quote. `d' means a double quote. `n' means no quoting at all (default). -l # --lines # Force to output multiple tabulars, each having a limited number of lines. The given argument must be a POSITIVE INTEGER VALUE. This is useful when the number of input rows is too big to fit into a single papersheet. A good average for a4 paper is about 40 lines (default). 0 means infinity (actualy about 2 Giga lines). -p l|c|r --position l|c|r Set the text position in all cells at once. This simply uses one of the three basic cell formating options of the LaTeX tabular environment. `l' means left-aligned (default). `c' means centered. `r' means right-aligned. -c 0-1 --colorrows 0-1 Alternate white/gray rows on the LaTeX output, having the given graylevel. The given argument must be a REAL NUMBER BETWEEN 0 AND 1. 0 means black while 1 means white. A nice looking value is 0.75 when printed on white paper. This option uses the extra `colortbl' LaTeX package. If you also use --nohead option, do not forget to add the following line into the header of your mas- ter document: "usepackage{colortbl}". -r 1|2|3|4 --reduce 1|2|3|4 Reduce the size of the tabular and the font in the LaTeX output, given a reduction level. The given argument must be one of 1, 2, 3 or 4. The more the level is high, the more the tabular will appear small. This is useful to shrink the table width when the printable data is made of very long text. This option uses the extra `relsize' LaTeX package. If you also use --nohead option, do not forget to add the following line into the header of your master document: "usepackage{relsize}". -z --nohlines Do not output horizontal lines in the table(s). -y --novlines Do not output vertical lines in the table(s). -e --repeatheader Repeat the first row of the first table in every table. This is useful when the output is very long and separated in multiple tables. EXAMPLES
Create a PDF document with small text, alternate gray rows, 80 lines per table, from a guessed csv format of the january stats that my boss created with his super point-and-click spreadsheet program (which could not generate a PDF output!). csv2latex --guess --lines 80 --colorrows 0.75 --reduce 2 january_stats.csv > january_stats.tex && pdflatex january_stats.tex Quickly preview a phonebook from a file formated as "Surname" "Name" "Phone" "Cellular": csv2latex -s p -b d -l 42 phonebook-sorted.txt | latex SEE ALSO
tex (1), latex (1). CSV2LATEX(1)