Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Pango 1.20 does not compile when passing Cairo or X server packages as backends Post 303042594 by colt on Tuesday 31st of December 2019 02:41:57 PM
Old 12-31-2019
Pango 1.20 does not compile when passing Cairo or X server packages as backends

Hello. Trying to compile Pango with one or mentioned packages as backend, Cairo or X11 related packages I have been facing a series of error messages that I do not know how to fix.

First with Cairo. I try to compile Pango with
Code:
./configure  --prefix=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Pango-1.20.0/  PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Fontconfig-2.4.0/lib/pkgconfig/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Freetype-2.2.1/lib/pkgconfig/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glib-2.47.4/lib/pkgconfig/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Cairo-1.10.0/lib/pkgconfig/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Pixman-0.18.4/lib/pkgconfig/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Png-1.0.19/lib/pkgconfig/   CAIRO_CFLAGS=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Cairo-1.10.0/include/  CAIRO_LIBS=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Cairo-1.10.0/lib/

After it, I issue a
Code:
make > gimp.err 2>&1

. It complained about not finding a bunch of files, like cairo.h and other header files that are on Cairo-1.10.0/include. It should have detected them, since I passed them with CAIRO_CFLAGS. However it did not worked. Fortunately, I was able to surpass these issues creating symbolic links to these header files on /usr/local/include. Executed make again, and this time a very awkward error appeared. This are all the last lines:

Code:
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -o .libs/cairosimple cairosimple.o -pthread  /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Cairo-1.10.0/lib/  ../pango/.libs/libpango-1.0.so  -L/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glib-2.47.4/lib  ../pango/.libs/libpangocairo-1.0.so  /home/leopoldo/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/pango-1.20.0/pango/.libs/libpangoft2-1.0.so  -L/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Freetype-2.2.1//lib  -L/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Fontconfig-2.4.0//lib  -L/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Expat-1.95.4//lib  ../pango/.libs/libpangoft2-1.0.so  /home/leopoldo/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/pango-1.20.0/pango/.libs/libpango-1.0.so   /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glib-2.47.4/lib/libgobject-2.0.so  -lffi  /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glib-2.47.4/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so  -ldl  /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glib-2.47.4/lib/libglib-2.0.so  -lpthread -lrt  /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Fontconfig-2.4.0//lib/libfontconfig.so   /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Freetype-2.2.1//lib/libfreetype.so  -lz  /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Expat-1.95.4//lib/libexpat.so  -lm -Wl,--rpath  -Wl,/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Pango-1.20.0//lib  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glib-2.47.4/lib  -Wl,--rpath  -Wl,/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Fontconfig-2.4.0//lib  -Wl,--rpath  -Wl,/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Freetype-2.2.1//lib  -Wl,--rpath  -Wl,/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Expat-1.95.4//lib
/usr/bin/ld: /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Cairo-1.10.0/lib/: No such file: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [cairosimple] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/pango-1.20.0/examples'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/pango-1.20.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Now with the X11 packages. My configure was
Code:
./configure --prefix=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Pango-1.20.0/ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Fontconfig-2.4.0/lib/pkgconfig/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Freetype-2.2.1/lib/pkgconfig/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glib-2.47.4/lib/pkgconfig/ --x-includes=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/X11-1.6.7/include/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Xorgproto-2018.1/include/ --x-libraries=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/X11-1.6.7/lib/ XFT_CFLAGS=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Xft-2.1.12/include/ XFT_LIBS=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Xft-2.1.12/lib/

. Then issued a
Code:
make > gimp.err 2>&1

The first error line of the gimp.err file shows a
Code:
pangox.c:27:22: error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory

. Xlib.h is on X11-1.6.7/include/X11, so I expected --x-includes to be able to see it. However, it did not. Created a sym link to it on /usr/local/include and tried again. It did not work. So now I am lost.

EDITED: The pangox.c line number 27 that generates the problem is a simple
Code:
  #include <X11/Xlib.h>

:
Perhaps I shall try to change it?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Quote tags are for quoting humans, not for "quote" machines, code, and data. Please do not use quote tags for code and data!!

Last edited by colt; 12-31-2019 at 03:49 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Packages running on a server

On a HP machine I used this /usr/sbin/cmviewcl But on a Sun machine what is the command to find out the packages installed on it. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Should I delete openssl SFW packages and compile

I have a new solaris 10 install and would like to install the 64 bit versions. When I installed other packaged (mysql, gcc), I removed the preinstalled verion first. These are the currently installed packages and which should be removed (if any). Thank you system SUNWopenssl-commands ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to query packages from a http server.

Hello Unix Gurus, Does anybody have an idea on how to verify packages exist on a remote or ftp server connected through http. Here is my task at hand. We have a central repository in which we retrieve our packages. eg. http://packageserver/packages. What i have done is compiled a list of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
2 Replies

4. Programming

client/server compile question

Hi, I have 2 files-->server.c and client.c My server.c takes local ip as saying: *.sin_addr.s_addr=INADDR_ANY; client.c is in the same machine.It has a line like: *.sin_addr.s_addr=inet_addr(argv); I don't know how to compile.I tried ./client 127.0.0.1 It used port 7777 in both client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlhazan
2 Replies

5. Programming

Top v3.7 and v3.8beta1 will not compile on Power7/AIX6.1 server.

Please help! We are upgrading our server to a new Power7/AIX6.1 from Power5/AIX5.3. I have some programs that rely on output of the TOP command to do various things, however, I keep getting an error when I try to re-compile TOP on my new server (see below). I have tried TOP 3.7 (current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: troym72
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing deb packages from Ubuntu Server CD

Hi, I have mounted the Ubuntu server edition 10.10 ISO on my server under a directory media/servercd. I would like to install some services from this. I edited the sources.list file to say: deb file:/media/servercd maverick main restricted and it's properly mounted but when I try... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find required packages needed by cairo?

Hello, I am currently trying to install and old version of Cairo. I tried two versions, 10.5 and 1.1.1 and they say similar things. Pango 1.1.1 says: and Pango 1.0.5 says: So quite similar. I downloaded two freetype packages, versions number 2.9.1 and 2.2.1 and passed them through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colt
2 Replies