Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Rename file in directory using contents within each file Post 303042588 by nezabudka on Tuesday 31st of December 2019 06:26:52 AM
Old 12-31-2019
Thanks @RudiC
I already thought that I would have a brain dislocation. Smilie
something like It turned out on my system in this way.
Code:
awk '/FORMAT/ {system("lsof -p $(pidof awk); mv -vn "FILENAME" "$10"; lsof -p $(pidof awk)")}' fi*

my regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED To insert Directory Contents to file

I am on a HP-UX machine I have a directory called "/u01/blobs" and the files look like this: ls -1 7398 7399 7400 I need to produce a comma delimited file with the following format: filename,location/filename i.e: 7398,/u01/blobs/7398 7399,/u01/blobs/7399 7400,/u01/blobs/7400 What... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NomDeGuerre
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read File and use contents to rename another

Hello guys, thank God that I found this forum. I hope that someone can help me because I don't have any idea on how to start it. I know that for some of you this is a very simple task but I'm not as advance on shell scripting like many people out there. I got this file with a permanent... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shark Tek
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script that will move a file to a directory with the same name and then rename that file

Hello all. I am new to this forum (and somewhat new to UNIX / LINUX - I started using ubuntu 1 year ago).:b: I have the following problem that I have not been able to figure out how to take care of and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.:confused: I have all of my music stored in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with searching for a file in a directory and copying the contents of that file in a new file

Hi guys, I am a newbie here :wall: I need a script that can search for a file in a directory and copy the contents of that file in a new file. Please help me. :confused: Thanks in advance~ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename multiple file names in a directory

I hope some one can help me I have multiple files in a directory with out extension like as below mentioned. But i want to change all the file names along .DDMMYYYYHHMISS format. And all files should have same DDMMYYYYHHMISS. Scenario: direcory name = /vol/best/srcfiles files in a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hari001
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename last directory in a file structure

I have to write a script to rename the every last sub-directory in a directory structure if the last sub-directory name doesn't contain "submitted". eg: given directory path:/u01/home/somedir somedir can have many subdirectories and each subdirectory inturn has many subdirectories. somedir... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read contents in each file and rename the file?

Hello All, Can you help me in writing a script for reading the specific position data in a file and if that data found in that file that particular file should be renamed. Ex: Folder : C:\\test and Filename : CLSACK_112214.txt,CLSACK_112314.txt,CLSACK_112414.txt Contents in the file would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduedi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove or rename based on contents of file

I am trying to use the two files shown below to either remove or rename contents in one of those files. If in file1.txt $5 matches $5 of file2.txt and the value in $1 of file1.txt is not "No Match" then that value is substituted for all values in $5 and $1 of file2.txt. If however in $1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename specific file extension in directory with match to another file in bash

I have a specific set (all ending with .bam) of downloaded files in a directory /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API/2-15-2016. What I am trying to do is use a match to $2 in name to rename the downloaded files. To make things a more involved the date of the folder is unique and in the header of name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rename the file name from Parent directory

Hi All, Just started learning unix and stuck into below issue. Suppose i have folder structure as below. Dir1/Dir2/Dir3/File1.msg I am looking to rename the file name from File1.msg to File2.msg but from the parent Dir1 From Dir3 i can easily run the command like mv File1.msg... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurjeet Singh
2 Replies
evolution-addressbook-export(1) 				   User Commands				   evolution-addressbook-export(1)

NAME
evolution-addressbook-export - export local address book from Ximian Evolution, Sun Microsystems Edition SYNOPSIS
evolution-addressbook-export [--async] [--format=[vcard|csv]] [--help] [--list-addressbook-folders] [--output=output-file] [--size=number] [--usage] [--version] DESCRIPTION
Export the local address book to a file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --async Export in asynchronous mode. You can also use -a to specify this option. --format=[vcard|csv] Specify the export format: virtual card (vcard) or comma-separated value (csv). --help Display help text. You can also use -? to specify this option. --list-addressbook-foldeList the local address-book folders. You can also use -l to specify this option. --output=output-file Specify the name of the output file to store the exported information. If no output file is specified, the exported information is sent to standard output. --size=number Specify the number of cards in one output file in asychronous mode. The default value is 100. --usage Display brief usage text. --version Display version information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Exporting Local Address Book in Asynchronous Mode and Vcard Format to contacts.vcf example% evolution-addressbook-export -a --format=vcard --output=contacts.vcf EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully 1 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/evolution-addressbook-export Executable to export Evolution local address book $HOME/evolution Per-user configuration files and local storage for Evolution $HOME/evolution/mail/account/folders Temporary files for Evolution mail $HOME/evolution/sunone/account/folders Temporary files for Evolution Sun ONE account ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWevo | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT safe with Exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Ximian Evolution Sun Microsystems Edition User Guide evolution(1), evolution-address-import(1) NOTES
Written by Steven Zhang, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 2004 evolution-addressbook-export(1)