Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting seconds to minutes Post 303042525 by Scrutinizer on Friday 27th of December 2019 08:39:02 PM
Old 12-27-2019
Try the same as de line above with $(( ... )) en some corrections in the variable name..
Code:
AnzahlUeberstunden=$((AnzahlUeberstunden/60))

or
Code:
(( AnzahlUeberstunden/=60 ))

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert minutes to hours, minutes, seconds

How would you convert lets say a 1000 minutes to hours, minutes, seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vozx
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to display time in minutes n seconds...

Hi all, may i know how to display time in minutes and seconds(may be milliseconds and even smaller that ) in shell scripts.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santy
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

a simple way of converting a date in seconds to normal date

Hi all! I'm working on a HPUX system, and I was wondering if there is a simple way to convert a date from seconds (since 1970) to a normal date. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: travian
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference in day-hours-minutes-seconds format

Hi experts, I am reading two log files and passing dates as output to a txt file. Code is given below: echo "Start Time:" >> Report.txt cat start.log | while read LINE1 do echo $DATE1 >> Report.txt done echo "End Time:" >> Report.txt cat end.log | while read LINE2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting past date to seconds

Need a little help developing a ksh script. Have read through Perderabo's datecalc routine and it does not seem to fit the function I am looking for. Basically what I am trying to do is find any file (in a specific directory) that was created within the last five minutes. I am not a programming... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: synergy_texas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split numeric value into hours:minutes:seconds

I have a problem. I am working on a Call Detail Report system. Come to find out the phone switch does not report in seconds. It is a 5 digit field that reports h:mm:ss The problem is I have 1-5 digit numbers Ie 1 = 1 second and should be reported as 0:00:01 22 should be 0:00:22 321 should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: truecall
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add or Subtract the hours,minutes or seconds in the the time variable

Hello All, I am working on script where I need to add hours,minutes or seconds in the time.Time is not the current but it could be future time.I thought I can store that time in variable and add hours.minutes or second but I am not able to add that in the time that is stores in a variable. Time... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting seconds to time

I have a list of time spans in seconds, and want to compute the time span as hh:mm:nn I am coding in bash and have coded the following. However, the results are wrong as "%.0f" rounds the values. Example: ftm: 25793.5 tmspan(hrs,min,sec): 7.16 429.89 25793.50 hh: 7 mm: 10 ss:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting time format as Integer to seconds

Hello, How can we convert date like format 20181004171050 in seconds ? I can able to convert till date but failing for HHMMSS. date -d "20181004" "+%s" output as 1538596800 . But when i add hhmmss it is failing date -d "20181004172000" "+%s" result Invalid date Kindly guide. Regards (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies
GMTLOGO(1gmt)						       Generic Mapping Tools						     GMTLOGO(1gmt)

NAME
gmtlogo - Adding a GMT graphics logo overlay to an illustration SYNOPSIS
gmtlogo dx dy [ -Gfill ] [ -W[pen] ] >> plot.ps DESCRIPTION
This scrips appends the GMT logo to an "open" PostScript file. The logo is 2 inches wide and 1 inch high and will be positioned with the lower left corner at the position (dx,dy) relative to the current plot origin. OPTIONS
-G Select color or pattern for filling the underlying box [Default is no fill]. (See SPECIFYING FILL below). -W Set pen attributes for the outline of the box [Default is no outline]. (See SPECIFYING PENS below). SPECIFYING PENS pen The attributes of lines and symbol outlines as defined by pen is a comma delimetered list of width, color and texture, each of which is optional. width can be indicated as a measure (points, centimeters, inches) or as faint, thin[ner|nest], thick[er|est], fat[ter|test], or obese. color specifies a gray shade or color (see SPECIFYING COLOR below). texture is a combination of dashes `-' and dots `.'. SPECIFYING FILL fill The attribute fill specifies the solid shade or solid color (see SPECIFYING COLOR below) or the pattern used for filling polygons. Patterns are specified as pdpi/pattern, where pattern gives the number of the built-in pattern (1-90) or the name of a Sun 1-, 8-, or 24-bit raster file. The dpi sets the resolution of the image. For 1-bit rasters: use Pdpi/pattern for inverse video, or append :Fcolor[B[color]] to specify fore- and background colors (use color = - for transparency). See GMT Cookbook & Technical Reference Appendix E for information on individual patterns. SPECIFYING COLOR color The color of lines, areas and patterns can be specified by a valid color name; by a gray shade (in the range 0-255); by a decimal color code (r/g/b, each in range 0-255; h-s-v, ranges 0-360, 0-1, 0-1; or c/m/y/k, each in range 0-1); or by a hexadecimal color code (#rrggbb, as used in HTML). See the gmtcolors manpage for more information and a full list of color names. SEE ALSO
GMT(1), gmtcolors(5), psimage(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 GMTLOGO(1gmt)