Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to copy particular files from a multiple directories and paste in a new directory? Post 303042518 by RudiC on Friday 27th of December 2019 02:36:39 PM
Old 12-27-2019
Wouldn't it make more sense to use the directories' suffixes for the target files' prefixes?
Code:
for FP in org*/dnaG.fasta; do TMP=${FP#org}; echo cp $FP fastconcatg/${TMP%%/*}_${FP##*/}; done
cp org100/dnaG.fasta fastconcatg/100_dnaG.fasta
cp org1/dnaG.fasta fastconcatg/1_dnaG.fasta
cp org2/dnaG.fasta fastconcatg/2_dnaG.fasta
cp org3/dnaG.fasta fastconcatg/3_dnaG.fasta
cp org4/dnaG.fasta fastconcatg/4_dnaG.fasta

Remove the echo if happy with what it presents.

Last edited by RudiC; 12-27-2019 at 05:13 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy multiple files in different directories

I have a report file that is generated every day by a scheduled process. Each day the file is written to a directory named .../blah_blah/Y07/MM-DD-YY/reportmmddyy.tab I want to copy all of this reports to a separate directory without having to do it one by one. However, if I try cp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken2834
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files after their directory name in multiple sub directories

So I am not sure if this should go in the shell forum or in the beginners. It is my first time posting on these forums. I have a directory, main_dir lets say, with multiple sub directories (one_dir through onehundred_dir for example) and in each sub directory there is a test.txt. How would one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotsbite
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy/Paste data in files

Hi, I want to put the following values into Variables R2=0.999863 , V2=118.870318 , D2=-178.887511 and so on. There are six values for each variable R2-R8, V2-V8 and D2-D8, total of 18 values for all the variables. Can any one help me to copy and paste all the values in their respective... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sullah
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy one folder to multiple directories

Hello, I have a small question and i hope someone can help me, if i have 200 domains directories in my server under this directory something like now how i can copy one folder i have to this directories? Thank You (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GamGom
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from multiple directories into one directory without overwriting them

I have several directories and all those directories have .dat files in them. I want to copy all those .dat files to one directory say "collected_directory" The problem is I don't want to overwrite files. So, if two file names match, I don't want the old file to be overwritten with a new one. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP failed to copy mulitple files from multiple directory

I am using below scripts to copy all the files from multiple folders. By executing individually command i am able to copy all the files but using scripts only getting first file. System is ignoring the second CD and mget command. HOST=server.com USER=loginid PASSWD="abc" echo "open $HOST... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetvipin
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files/directories excluding multiple paterns

my directory structure is like below: basedir\ p.txt q.htm r.java b\ abc.htm xyz.java c\ p.htm q.java rst.txt my requirement is i want to copy all the files and directories... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files from multiple directories along with directory indicator

Hi, Friends, i have a requirement where i need to rename my files residing in multiple sub directories and move them to one different directory along with some kind of directory indicator. For eg: test--is my parent directory and it has many files such as a1.txt a2.txt a3.txt ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to copy a column of multiple files and paste into new excel file (next to column)?

I have data of an excel files as given below, file1 org1_1 1 1 2.5 100 org1_2 1 2 5.5 98 org1_3 1 3 7.2 88 file2 org2_1 1 1 2.5 100 org2_2 1 2 5.5 56 org2_3 1 3 7.2 70 I have multiple excel files as above shown. I have to copy column 1, column 4 and paste into a new excel file as... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
26 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare directories and copy differences (files) in a another directory

Hey im working on script that can compare 2 directory and check difference, then copy difference files in third diretory. here is the story: in folder one we have 12 subfolder and in each of them near 500 images hosted. 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 in folder 2 we have same subfolder... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
2 Replies
REPROF(1)							   User Commands							 REPROF(1)

NAME
reprof - predict protein secondary structure and solvent accessibility SYNOPSIS
reprof -i [query.blastPsiMat] [OPTIONS] reprof -i [query.fasta] [OPTIONS] reprof -i [query.blastPsiMat|query.fasta] --mutations [mutations.txt] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Predict protein secondary structure and solvent accessibility. Output Format The output format is self-explanatory, i.e. the colums of the output are described in the output file itself. OPTIONS
-i, --input=FILE Input BLAST PSSM matrix file (from Blast -Q option) or input (single) FASTA file. -o, --out=FILE Either an output file or a directory. If not provided or a directory, the suffix of the input filename (i.e. .fasta or .blastPsiMat) is replaced to create an output filename. --mutations=[all|FILE] Either the keyword "all" to predict all possible mutations or a file containing mutations one per line such as "C12M" for C is mutated to M on position 12: C30Y R31W G48D This mutation code is also attached to the output filename using "_". An additional file ending "_ORI" contains the prediction using no evolutionary information even if a BLAST PSSM matrix was provided. --modeldir=DIR Directory where the model and feature files are stored. Default: /usr/share/reprof. AUTHOR
Peter Hoenigschmid hoenigschmid@rostlab.org, Burkhard Rost EXAMPLES
Prediction from BLAST PSSM matrix for best results: reprof -i /usr/share/doc/reprof/examples/example.Q -o /tmp/example.Q.reprof Prediction from FASTA file: reprof -i /usr/share/doc/reprof/examples/example.fasta -o /tmp/example.fasta.reprof Prediction from BLAST PSSM matrix file using the mutation mode: reprof -i /usr/share/doc/reprof/examples/example.Q -o /tmp/mutations_example.Q.reprof --mutations /usr/share/doc/reprof/examples/mutations.txt # Result files for the above call are going to be: # /tmp/mutations_example.Q.{reprof,reprof_F172P,reprof_M1Q,reprof_N34Y,reprof_ORI} - see --mutations for a description of the extensions. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. BUGS
https://rostlab.org/bugzilla3/enter_bug.cgi?product=reprof SEE ALSO
blast2(1) http://rostlab.org/ 1.0.1 2012-01-13 REPROF(1)