Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Arduino UNIX Time - Syncing Computer UNIX Time to Arduino Time with Python Post 303042501 by hicksd8 on Friday 27th of December 2019 07:29:31 AM
Old 12-27-2019
Quote by Neo..............
Quote:
Any crazy ideas (not already on YT)?
Yes, loads!!! How many "Crazy Ideas" would you like?

http://duino4projects.com/wp-content...t-Feb-2015.pdf

And if you want to go smaller take a look at the ATtiny85's which you can use an Arduno to program.

It just goes on and on.

Last edited by hicksd8; 12-27-2019 at 09:19 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me!First time use UNIX.

I am assigned a programming work.It is my first time to use unix. The task is writing a shell script to interrogate the university Unix operating system to determine the number of "Runnable" processes at any given time.Then append the result,along with a time-stamp,on a log file. Also there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Unix Time to Standard Time

I have a list of interfaces and time the interface was last active. I can't figure out how to convert the time in the second column, Fa1/14 0 Se0/0/0 0 Fa1/11 0 Fa1/9 0 Fa1/0 0 Se0/0/1 1240401408 Gi1/0 0 Fa0/0 1240401408 Fa1/3 0 Fa1/8 0 Fa1/15 0 Fa1/13 0 Fa1/10 0 Fa1/1 0 Fa1/12... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix time

how do i convert unix time to show normal eg i have unix time 1297702242 and i want it converted to normal time. how do i do that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzinga80
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get time duration between two human readable time stamp in Unix?

Here is two time I have: Jul 12 16:02:01 Jul 13 01:02:01 and how can I do a simple match to get difference between two time which is 09:00:00 Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ford99
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting string date time to unix time in AWK

I'd like to convert a date string in the form of sun aug 19 09:03:10 EDT 2012, to unixtime timestamp using awk. I tried This is how each line of the file looks like, different date and time in this format Sun Aug 19 08:33:45 EDT 2012, user1(108.6.217.236) all: test on the 17th ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding time to date time in UNIX shell scipting

I needed some help in adding a duration (in seconds) to a start time (in hhmmss format) and a start date (in mmddyy format) in order to get an end date and end time. The concept of a leap year is also to be considered while incrementing the day. The code/ function that I have formed so far is as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codehelp04
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

9. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
Test::MockTime(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Test::MockTime(3pm)

NAME
Test::MockTime - Replaces actual time with simulated time SYNOPSIS
use Test::MockTime qw( :all ); set_relative_time(-600); # do some tests depending on time increasing from 600 seconds ago set_absolute_time(0); # do some more tests depending on time starting from the epoch # epoch may vary according to platform. see perlport. set_fixed_time(CORE::time()); # do some more tests depending on time staying at the current actual time set_absolute_time('1970-01-01T00:00:00Z'); # do some tests depending on time starting at Unix epoch time set_fixed_time('01/01/1970 00:00:00', '%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S'); # do some tests depending on time staying at the Unix epoch time restore_time(); # resume normal service DESCRIPTION
This module was created to enable test suites to test code at specific points in time. Specifically it overrides localtime, gmtime and time at compile time and then relies on the user supplying a mock time via set_relative_time, set_absolute_time or set_fixed_time to alter future calls to gmtime,time or localtime. Functions set_absolute_time If given a single, numeric argument, the argument is an absolute time (for example, if 0 is supplied, the absolute time will be the epoch), and calculates the offset to allow subsequent calls to time, gmtime and localtime to reflect this. for example, in the following code Time::Mock::set_absolute_time(0); my ($start) = time; sleep 2; my ($end) = time; The $end variable should contain 2 seconds past the epoch; If given two arguments, the first argument is taken to be an absolute time in some string format (for example, "01/01/1970 00:00:00"). The second argument is taken to be a "strptime" format string (for example, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S"). If a single argument is given, but that argument is not numeric, a "strptime" format string of "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ" is assumed. for example, in the following code Time::Mock::set_absolute_time('1970-01-01T00:00:00Z'); my ($start) = time; sleep 2; my ($end) = time; The $end variable should contain 2 seconds past the Unix epoch; set_relative_time($relative) takes as an argument an relative value from current time (for example, if -10 is supplied, current time be converted to actual machine time - 10 seconds) and calculates the offset to allow subsequent calls to time,gmtime and localtime to reflect this. for example, in the following code my ($start) = time; Time::Mock::set_relative_time(-600); sleep 600; my ($end) = time; The $end variable should contain either the same or very similar values to the $start variable. set_fixed_time If given a single, numeric argument, the argument is an absolute time (for example, if 0 is supplied, the absolute time will be the epoch). All subsequent calls to gmtime, localtime and time will return this value. for example, in the following code Time::Mock::set_fixed_time(time) my ($start) = time; sleep 3; my ($end) = time; the $end variable and the $start variable will contain the same results If given two arguments, the first argument is taken to be an absolute time in some string format (for example, "01/01/1970 00:00:00"). The second argument is taken to be a "strptime" format string (for example, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S"). If a single argument is given, but that argument is not numeric, a "strptime" format string of "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ" is assumed. restore() restore the default time handling values. "restore_time" is an alias. When exported with the 'all' tag, this subroutine is exported as "restore_time". AUTHOR
David Dick <ddick@cpan.org> PREREQUISITES
Time::Piece 1.08 or greater BUGS
Probably. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thanks to a use.perl.org journal entry <http://use.perl.org/~geoff/journal/20660> by Geoffrey Young. perl v5.10.0 2008-06-29 Test::MockTime(3pm)