Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Shell script to execute Oracle procedure and trigerring email on success and failure Post 303042486 by senmng on Friday 27th of December 2019 12:26:11 AM
Old 12-27-2019
Hi - Apologize for the delayed response. Here is the code which i tired where it passes the value to the shell script(in echo command) but not able to get the variable value in the IF condition. Am getting this output even the query output is 0.But at same time i tried with query with more than 0 records and am getting the output as expected.Since the value has leading spaces the IF condition is not matching with the values. Also i tried withcat test.out| sed -e 's/^[ \t]*//' IF condition works if the value is 0 but not for value>0 it returns with error No such file or dir Can you help me to get the proper trimming command for the values 0 or more than 0(max 4 digits)

Code:
status proc  executed successfully

Num of Duplicate records Found:          0

where the actual output should be

status proc  executed successfully

No Duplicate records Found:          0

Code:
#!/bin/ksh  
outvar=0  
sqlplus -S /nolog <<EOF>test.out  
   "${ORAUSER}"/"${ORAPASSWD}"@"${ORASRVC}"
   set echo off termout off feedback off  
   set pagesize 0  
   set trimspool on  
   select to_char(count(*)) from (select col1,col2,count(col3) from Tab1 group by col1,col2 having count(col3)>1)  
 EOF  
outvar=`cat test.out`  
echo " status proc  executed successfully"  
if [[ $outvar = 0 ]]; then  
   echo "No Duplicate records Found: $outvar"  
else  
   echo "Num of Duplicate records Found: $outvar"  
fi

Last edited by rbatte1; 12-27-2019 at 06:06 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute an Oracle stored procedure from a shell scrip

Here is a snippet of my code: if then echo "\n Deleting all reports older than 24 hours. \n" >> $logfile ls -l $FileName >> $logfile ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

run shell script from oracle store procedure

hi, this is urgent..can i run a shell script from store procedure without using java. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnabb4u
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from Unix shell script

hai, can anybody say how to call or to execute an oracle stored procedure in oracle from unix... thanks in advance.... for ur reply.... by, leo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leojhose
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute an Oracle procedure using shell

Hi , i have created an .sh file that has the following code: #!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s p1istuat/p1istuat@CWS_IST6 @Procedure_Execute.sql & sqlplus -s p1istuat/p1istuat@CWS_IST6 << EOF exit EOF The mentioned Procedure_Execute.sql file inside has the following code: exec TEST; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vins_san
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking Oracle stored procedure in unix shell script

Here's a shell script snippet..... cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin Retval=`sqlplus -s <<eof $TPDB_USER/april@$TPD_DBCONN whenever SQLERROR exit 2 rollback whenever OSERROR exit 3 rollback set serveroutput on set pages 999 var status_desc char(200) var status_code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hidnana
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for call a procedure in Oracle DB

Hi everyone! I'm new with Shell Scripting, and I have to do a shell script to call a procedure, which have 2 input parameters, the directory(from server) and the txt file (which have informations to update/insert in DB). I have to create a shell script to execute that procedure for each txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renatoal
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute the stored procedure from shell script

How to execute the stored procedure from shell script and is there any possibility to print the dbms output in a log file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script from Oracle procedure

Hi Gurus, Want to execute a shell script from a oracle procedure and get the status of the same, any assistance in this regard will be appreciated. proc_data.sh is script name which I want to execute from oracle procedure It should work something like below procedure test begin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palanisvr
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why i can't execute the procedure in shell script?

i have the following code inside a shell script .prog in oracle server when i call the program DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(x_return_status|| ln_rep_req_id); will return 0 , it is very strange , i try to submit the concurrent request in oracle , and it can successfully executed, what am i missing ? i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feilhk
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Oracle gather stats via shell script

Hi , I am trying to automate a gather stats in shell script #!/usr/bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/orcl/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.1/db_1 export PATH="$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin" export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib32" export TNS_ADMIN=/opt/netprobe/config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neil.k
1 Replies
CMDTEST(1)						      General Commands Manual							CMDTEST(1)

NAME
cmdtest - blackbox testing of Unix command line tools SYNOPSIS
cmdtest [-c=COMMAND] [--command=COMMAND] [--config=FILE] [--dump-config] [--dump-memory-profile=METHOD] [--dump-setting-names] [--generate-manpage=TEMPLATE] [-h] [--help] [-k] [--keep] [--list-config-files] [--log=FILE] [--log-keep=N] [--log-level=LEVEL] [--log-max=SIZE] [--no-default-configs] [--output=FILE] [-t=TEST] [--test=TEST] [--timings] [--version] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
cmdtest black box tests Unix command line tools. Given some test scripts, their inputs, and expected outputs, it verifies that the command line produces the expected output. If not, it reports problems, and shows the differences. Each test case foo consists of the following files: foo.script a script to run the test (this is required) foo.stdin the file fed to standard input foo.stdout the expected output to the standard output foo.stderr the expected output to the standard error foo.exit the expected exit code foo.setup a shell script to run before the test foo.teardown a shell script to run after test Usually, a single test is not enough. All tests are put into the same directory, and they may share some setup and teardown code: setup-once a shell script to run once, before any tests setup a shell script to run before each test teardown a shell script to run after each test teardown-once a shell script to run once, after all tests cmdtest is given the name of the directory with all the tests, or several such directories, and it does the following: o execute setup-once o for each test case (unique prefix foo): -- execute setup -- execute foo.setup -- execute the command, by running foo.script, and redirecting standard input to come from foo.stdin, and capturing standard output and error and exit codes -- execute foo.teardown -- execute teardown -- report result of test: does exit code match foo.exit, standard output match foo.stdout, and standard error match foo.stderr? o execute teardown-once Except for foo.script, all of these files are optional. If a setup or teardown script is missing, it is simply not executed. If one of the standard input, output, or error files is missing, it is treated as if it were empty. If the exit code file is missing, it is treated as if it specified an exit code of zero. The shell scripts may use the following environment variables: DATADIR a temporary directory where files may be created by the test TESTNAME name of the current test (will be empty for setup-once and teardown-once) SRCDIR directory from which cmdtest was launched OPTIONS
-c, --command=COMMAND ignored for backwards compatibility --config=FILE add FILE to config files --dump-config write out the entire current configuration --dump-memory-profile=METHOD make memory profiling dumps using METHOD, which is one of: none, simple, meliae, or heapy (default: simple) --dump-setting-names write out all names of settings and quit --generate-manpage=TEMPLATE fill in manual page TEMPLATE -h, --help show this help message and exit -k, --keep keep temporary data on failure --list-config-files list all possible config files --log=FILE write log entries to FILE (default is to not write log files at all); use "syslog" to log to system log --log-keep=N keep last N logs (10) --log-level=LEVEL log at LEVEL, one of debug, info, warning, error, critical, fatal (default: debug) --log-max=SIZE rotate logs larger than SIZE, zero for never (default: 0) --no-default-configs clear list of configuration files to read --output=FILE write output to FILE, instead of standard output -t, --test=TEST run only TEST (can be given many times) --timings report how long each test takes --version show program's version number and exit EXAMPLE
To test that the echo(1) command outputs the expected string, create a file called echo-tests/hello.script containing the following con- tent: #!/bin/sh echo hello, world Also create the file echo-tests/hello.stdout containing: hello, world Then you can run the tests: $ cmdtest echo-tests test 1/1 1/1 tests OK, 0 failures If you change the stdout file to be something else, cmdtest will report the differences: $ cmdtest echo-tests FAIL: hello: stdout diff: --- echo-tests/hello.stdout 2011-09-11 19:14:47 +0100 +++ echo-tests/hello.stdout-actual 2011-09-11 19:14:49 +0100 @@ -1 +1 @@ -something else +hello, world test 1/1 0/1 tests OK, 1 failures Furthermore, the echo-tests directory will contain the actual output files, and diffs from the expected files. If one of the actual output files is actually correct, you can actualy rename it to be the expected file. Actually, that's a very convenient way of creating the ex- pected output files: you run the test, fixing things, until you've manually checked the actual output is correct, then you rename the file. SEE ALSO
cliapp(5). CMDTEST(1)