Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A terrific quote:
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A terrific quote: Post 303042454 by vbe on Wednesday 25th of December 2019 12:08:15 PM
Old 12-25-2019
Merry Xmas!
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Data between first quote and next quote

I have input file like RDBMS FALIURE UTY8703 'USER_WORK.TEST' .HIghest return code '12' I want to parse data which comed between first quote till next quote USER_WORK.TEST can you please suggest how to do that (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorp_rahul23
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

double-quote inside double-quote

hey all, i made a simple .sh like this: echo "<style media="screen" type="text/css">@import url("main.css");</style>" but the output is: <style media=screen type=text/css>@import url(main.css);</style> i want to keep double-quotes, can anyone help me? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indraf
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quote and variable

The command line bellow works fine by itself. /opt/csw/bin/rsync -azq --delete -e "ssh -i /.ssh/ss" /home/ me@myaccount.storage.com:/home/ Now I would like to introduce some variable into it and make a .sh file such as bellow and it does not work anymore. I guess the part -e "ssh -i /.ssh/ss" has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngungo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex in grep to match all lines ending with a double quote (") OR a single quote (')

Hi, I've been trying to write a regex to use in egrep (in a shell script) that'll fetch the names of all the files that match a particular pattern. I expect to match the following line in a file: Name = "abc" The regex I'm using to match the same is: egrep -l '(^) *= *" ** *"$' /PATH_TO_SEARCH... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NanJ
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a quote in some lines with multiple quote fields

i want to replace mistaken quotes in line starting with tag 300 and relocate the quote in the correct position so the input is 223;25 224;20100428064823;1;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;8;1;3;9697;18744;;;;;;;;;;;; 300;X;Event:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wradwan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

quote problem

Hi Everyone hwo are you i have one file "abc.txt" which contains record like this "1","2","3" "3","4","5" now i want to change above 2 to 5 so i write the code as awk ' BEGIN{FS=","} { if(NR==1) { print $1",5","$3 } else { print $0 } ' abc.txt but the outpute is "1",5,"3"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To quote or not

My question is, "Do I not understand, or is my information out of date?" I am trying to just be a student, rtfm'ing. I am working on my work systems. Is it simply that the book was printed in 2002 and a lot has changed since then, or did I miss something? Working in Korn Shell. I have been... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: g.j.huebschman
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Double Quote in Double Quote incsv file

Hi All , We have source data file as csv file and since data could contain commas ,each attribute is quoted into double quotes.However problem is that some of the attributa data also contain double quotes which is converted to double double quote while creating csv file XLs data : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shalini Badal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all but the first and last double quote in a line with a single quote with awk

From: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This, is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ""test""" 4,7,3,1,8,"""" To: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This; is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ''test''" 4,7,3,1,8,"''"Is there an easy syntax I'm overlooking? There will always be an odd number... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
5 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

A terrific historical video about UNIX circa 1982 with well known names.

Enjoy folks... AT&T Archives: The UNIX Operating System - YouTube (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
PASS(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   PASS(4)

NAME
pass -- CAM application passthrough driver SYNOPSIS
device pass DESCRIPTION
The pass driver provides a way for userland applications to issue CAM CCBs to the kernel. Since the pass driver allows direct access to the CAM subsystem, system administrators should exercise caution when granting access to this driver. If used improperly, this driver can allow userland applications to crash a machine or cause data loss. The pass driver attaches to every SCSI device found in the system. Since it attaches to every device, it provides a generic means of access- ing SCSI devices, and allows the user to access devices which have no "standard" peripheral driver associated with them. KERNEL CONFIGURATION
It is only necessary to configure one pass device in the kernel; pass devices are automatically allocated as SCSI devices are found. IOCTLS
CAMIOCOMMAND This ioctl takes most kinds of CAM CCBs and passes them through to the CAM transport layer for action. Note that some CCB types are not allowed through the passthrough device, and must be sent through the xpt(4) device instead. Some examples of xpt-only CCBs are XPT_SCAN_BUS, XPT_DEV_MATCH, XPT_RESET_BUS, XPT_SCAN_LUN, XPT_ENG_INQ, and XPT_ENG_EXEC. These CCB types have various attributes that make it illogical or impossible to service them through the passthrough interface. CAMGETPASSTHRU This ioctl takes an XPT_GDEVLIST CCB, and returns the passthrough device corresponding to the device in question. Although this ioctl is available through the pass driver, it is of limited use, since the caller must already know that the device in question is a passthrough device if they are issuing this ioctl. It is probably more useful to issue this ioctl through the xpt(4) device. FILES
/dev/passn Character device nodes for the pass driver. There should be one of these for each device accessed through the CAM subsystem. DIAGNOSTICS
None. SEE ALSO
cam(3), cam_cdbparse(3), cam(4), xpt(4), camcontrol(8) HISTORY
The CAM passthrough driver first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
Kenneth Merry <ken@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
It might be nice to have a way to asynchronously send CCBs through the passthrough driver. This would probably require some sort of read/write interface or an asynchronous ioctl interface. BSD
October 10, 1998 BSD