Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Matching tables
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Matching tables Post 303042438 by nezabudka on Tuesday 24th of December 2019 02:48:56 PM
Old 12-24-2019
maybe this is very redundant for such task,
but maybe this will anticipate possible problems with more complex input
This instance with integrated version control Smilie requires gnu awk
Code:
awk '
NR == FNR       { T[$2] = $1 (T[$2]?FS T[$2]:""); next }
                { lin = 0; for (i=1; i<=NF; i++)
                        if ($i in T) lin++ 
                }
lin == NF       { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) {
                        if (T[$i]) print $i FS gensub(/^.*\s/, "", 1, T[$i])
                        sub(/\s?[^ ]+$/, "", T[$i])
                        }
                }
' Table2 Table1

Last edited by nezabudka; 12-24-2019 at 04:13 PM..
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to nezabudka For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Routing tables

Hey guys, I needed to add a route to my routing table and I got it to work but on reboot it gets removed. Anyone know what file I can add this route to so it stays on the machine after a reboot? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tables in scripts

Hi , I have two tables with same length t1 and t2, I want to cretae a new third table where i put the difference between the elements of t2 and t1, t3= t1 - t2 t3= t1 - t2 I am new to scripts, any help please? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celine19
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing two tables

I am comparing two table structure in different databases,Put into 2 txt files , when comparing if column sequnce and data type is not matching ,it has to display that info else Table structure is ok. wrote shell script ,its not working .I am getting "Table structure is not ok" even if both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akil
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI editor and tables

I have a host table that looks similar like this: # IP Name Comment 10.10.10.1 Lab1-1 # Static for Lab1 subnet 10.10.10.2 Lab1-2 # Static for Lab1 subnet 10.10.10.3 Lab1-3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjl927
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert lines above matching line with content from matching

Hi, I have text file: Name: xyz Gender: M Address: "120_B_C; ksilskdj; lsudlfw" Zip: 20392 Name: KLM Gender: F Address: "65_D_F; wnmlsi;lsuod;,...." Zip:90233I want to insert 2 new lines before the 'Address: ' line deriving value from this Address line value The Address value in quotes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ysrini
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting tables

Hi, Can anyone help me that, How to see the table fields in Oracle database through shell script(ksh). I have tried with the following: sqlplus -s $user/$passwd@$sid << SQL >> session.log select * from Testtab.sql I'm not able to see anything.. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxcjggu708
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file1 for matching line in file2 and print the difference in matching lines

Hello, I have two files file 1 and file 2 each having result of a query on certain database tables and need to compare for Col1 in file1 with Col3 in file2, compare Col2 with Col4 and output the value of Col1 from File1 which is a) not present in Col3 of File2 b) value of Col2 is different from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RasB15
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching dates and remove non-matching

Using the awk below I am able to combine all the matching dates in $1, but I can not seem to remove the non-matching from the file. Thank you :). file 20161109104500.0+0000,x,5631 20161109104500.0+0000,y,2 20161109104500.0+0000,z,2 20161109104500.0+0000,a,4117... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
AMPLOT(8)						  System Administration Commands						 AMPLOT(8)

NAME
amplot - visualize the behavior of Amanda SYNOPSIS
amplot [-b] [-c] [-e] [-g] [-l] [-p] [-t T] amdump_files DESCRIPTION
Amplot reads an amdump output file that Amanda generates each run (e.g. amdump.1) and translates the information into a picture format that may be used to determine how your installation is doing and if any parameters need to be changed. Amplot also prints out amdump lines that it either does not understand or knows to be warning or error lines and a summary of the start, end and total time for each backup image. Amplot is a shell script that executes an awk program (amplot.awk) to scan the amdump output file. It then executes a gnuplot program (amplot.g) to generate the graph. The awk program is written in an enhanced version of awk, such as GNU awk (gawk(1) version 2.15 or later) or nawk(1). During execution, amplot generates a few temporary files that gnuplot uses. These files are deleted at the end of execution. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
-b Generate b/w postscript file (need -p). -c Compress amdump_files after plotting. -e Extend the X (time) axis if needed. -g Direct gnuplot output directly to the X11 display (default). -p Direct postscript output to file YYYYMMDD.ps (opposite of -g). -l Generate landscape oriented output (needs -p). -t T Set the right edge of the plot to be T hours. The amdump_files may be in various compressed formats (compress, gzip, pact, compact). INTERPRETATION
The figure is divided into a number of regions. There are titles on the top that show important statistical information about the configuration and from this execution of amdump. In the figure, the X axis is time, with 0 being the moment amdump was started. The Y axis is divided into 5 regions: QUEUES: How many backups have not been started, how many are waiting on space in the holding disk and how many have been transferred successfully to tape. %BANDWIDTH: Percentage of allowed network bandwidth in use. HOLDING DISK: The higher line depicts space allocated on the holding disk to backups in progress and completed backups waiting to be written to tape. The lower line depicts the fraction of the holding disk containing completed backups waiting to be written to tape including the file currently being written to tape. The scale is percentage of the holding disk. TAPE: Tape drive usage. %DUMPERS: Percentage of active dumpers. The idle period at the left of the graph is time amdump is asking the machines how much data they are going to dump. This process can take a while if hosts are down or it takes them a long time to generate estimates. BUGS
Reports lines it does not recognize, mainly error cases but some are legitimate lines the program needs to be taught about. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8), gnuplot(1), compress(1), gzip(1) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@tis.com> Trusted Information Systems Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMPLOT(8)