Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Matching tables
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Matching tables Post 303042426 by nezabudka on Tuesday 24th of December 2019 04:07:29 AM
Old 12-24-2019
Hi,
if only one row has matches
Code:
awk '
NR == FNR               { if (!T[$2]) T[$2] = $1; next }
                        { lin = 0; for (i=1; i<=NF; i++)
                                if ($i in T) lin++
                        }
lin == NF               { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) print T[$1] FS $i }
' Table2 Table1

otherwise
Code:
awk '
NR == FNR               { if (!T[$2]) T[$2] = $1; next }
                        { lin = 0; for (i=1; i<=NF; i++)
                                if ($i in T) lin++ 
                        }
lin == NF               { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) D[$i] = T[$i] }
END                     { for (i in D) print D[i] FS i }
' Table2 Table1

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to nezabudka For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Routing tables

Hey guys, I needed to add a route to my routing table and I got it to work but on reboot it gets removed. Anyone know what file I can add this route to so it stays on the machine after a reboot? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tables in scripts

Hi , I have two tables with same length t1 and t2, I want to cretae a new third table where i put the difference between the elements of t2 and t1, t3= t1 - t2 t3= t1 - t2 I am new to scripts, any help please? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celine19
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing two tables

I am comparing two table structure in different databases,Put into 2 txt files , when comparing if column sequnce and data type is not matching ,it has to display that info else Table structure is ok. wrote shell script ,its not working .I am getting "Table structure is not ok" even if both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akil
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI editor and tables

I have a host table that looks similar like this: # IP Name Comment 10.10.10.1 Lab1-1 # Static for Lab1 subnet 10.10.10.2 Lab1-2 # Static for Lab1 subnet 10.10.10.3 Lab1-3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjl927
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert lines above matching line with content from matching

Hi, I have text file: Name: xyz Gender: M Address: "120_B_C; ksilskdj; lsudlfw" Zip: 20392 Name: KLM Gender: F Address: "65_D_F; wnmlsi;lsuod;,...." Zip:90233I want to insert 2 new lines before the 'Address: ' line deriving value from this Address line value The Address value in quotes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ysrini
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting tables

Hi, Can anyone help me that, How to see the table fields in Oracle database through shell script(ksh). I have tried with the following: sqlplus -s $user/$passwd@$sid << SQL >> session.log select * from Testtab.sql I'm not able to see anything.. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxcjggu708
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file1 for matching line in file2 and print the difference in matching lines

Hello, I have two files file 1 and file 2 each having result of a query on certain database tables and need to compare for Col1 in file1 with Col3 in file2, compare Col2 with Col4 and output the value of Col1 from File1 which is a) not present in Col3 of File2 b) value of Col2 is different from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RasB15
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching dates and remove non-matching

Using the awk below I am able to combine all the matching dates in $1, but I can not seem to remove the non-matching from the file. Thank you :). file 20161109104500.0+0000,x,5631 20161109104500.0+0000,y,2 20161109104500.0+0000,z,2 20161109104500.0+0000,a,4117... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
dmpxlt(1)						      General Commands Manual							 dmpxlt(1)

NAME
dmpxlt - dump iconv translation tables to a readable format SYNOPSIS
output_filename] [input_filename] DESCRIPTION
dumps the compiled version of the codeset conversion tables into an ASCII-readable format that can be modified and used as input to genxlt(1) to regenerate the table for iconv(1). Options recognizes the following options: If this option is not selected, the data will be sent to standard output. will create an output file in the prescribed format, giving the filecode mapping between the two code sets, which can be edited and reused by genxlt(1) to create new tables for iconv(1). The entries are in hexadecimal. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables provides a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. If is unset or null, the default value of "C" (see lang(5)) is used. If any of the internationalization variables contains an invalid setting, will behave as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). If set to a non-empty string value, overrides the values of all the other internationalization variables. determines the locale that should be used to affect the format and contents of diagnostic messages written to standard error and informa- tive messages written to standard output. determines the location of message catalogues for the processing of International Code Set Support Single and multi-byte character code sets are supported. RETURN VALUE
The following are exit values: 0 Successful completion. >0 Error condition occurred. EXAMPLES
This example creates the source file genxlt_input from the table FILES
All tables must be installed in this directory. SEE ALSO
iconv(1), genxlt(1), iconv(3C), environ(5) lang(5). dmpxlt(1)