Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Crash dump and Panic message : RSCT Dead Man Switch Timeout for HACMP; halting non-responsive node Post 303042369 by tomato00 on Sunday 22nd of December 2019 11:10:09 PM
Old 12-23-2019
Hi Neo and rbattel
my system are using GPFS(archive directory) and raw devices with Oracle RAC on the hacmp.

I think the reason why A-system has down itself is that B-system is down due to system bug and all oracle sessions of B-system node are moved to A-system, which causes huge IO on A-system. The sync time of the A-system was slowed down, and as a result, the system was down when the dead man switch limit was reached.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

crash dump

hi friends, i know that when there is a crash then that memory image is put into /var/adm/crash but if the system hangs up and if i have access to console of that machine then how can i take the crash dump manully. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
2 Replies

3. Solaris

crash dump

Can anyone of you help me in enabling crash dump on Solaris 5.5.1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csreenivas
1 Replies

4. AIX

Node Switch Reasons in HACMP

Hi Guys, I have two nodes clustered. Each node is AIX 5.2 & they are clustered with HACMP 5.2. The mode of the cluster is Active/Passive which mean one node is the Active node & have all resource groups on it & the 2nd node is standby. Last Monday I noted that all resource groupes have been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
2 Replies

5. Solaris

crash dump

hi , i have machine that is crashed how i can enable core dump file & how can i find it ? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux heartbeat on redhat 4:node dead

Hi. I have started heartbeat on two redhat servers. Using eth0. Before I start heartbeat I can ping the two server to each other. Once I start heartbeat both the server become active as they both have warnings that the other node is dead. Also I am not able to ping each other. After stopping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amrita garg
1 Replies

7. AIX

hacmp in a 7 node configuration ?

Hi Guys, I have to design a multinode hacmp cluster and am not sure if the design I am thinking of makes any sense. I have to make an environment that currently resides on 5 nodes more resilient but I have the constrain of only having 4 frames. In addition the business doesnt want to pay for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
7 Replies

8. AIX

HACMP switch over

Hi I had an active passive cluster. Node A went down and all resource groups moved to Node B. Now we brought up Node A. What is the procedure to bring everything back to Node A. Node A #lssrc -a | grep cl clcomdES clcomdES 323782 active clstrmgrES cluster... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
9 Replies

9. HP-UX

Prevent crash dump when SG cluster node reboots

Hi Experts, I have configured HP-UX Service Guard cluster and it dumps crash every time i reboot a cluster node. Can anyone please help me to prevent these unnecessary crash dumps at the time of rebooting SG cluster node? Thanks in advance. Vaishey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaishey
2 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina display crash and system panic

MacPro (2013) 12-Core, 64GB RAM (today's crash): panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f8b333ad5): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in 120 seconds service: com.apple.logd, total successful checkins since load (318824 seconds ago): 31883, last successful... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
shutdown(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      shutdown(1B)

NAME
shutdown - close down the system at a given time SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/shutdown [-fhknr] time [warning-message...] DESCRIPTION
shutdown provides an automated procedure to notify users when the system is to be shut down. time specifies when shutdown will bring the system down; it may be the word now (indicating an immediate shutdown), or it may specify a future time in one of two formats: +number and hour:min. The first form brings the system down in number minutes, and the second brings the system down at the time of day indicated in 24-hour notation. At intervals that get closer as the apocalypse approaches, warning messages are displayed at terminals of all logged-in users, and of users who have remote mounts on that machine. At shutdown time a message is written to the system log daemon, syslogd(1M), containing the time of shutdown, the instigator of the shut- down, and the reason. Then a terminate signal is sent to init, which brings the system down to single-user mode. OPTIONS
As an alternative to the above procedure, these options can be specified: -f Arrange, in the manner of fastboot(1B), that when the system is rebooted, the file systems will not be checked. -h Execute halt(1M). -k Simulate shutdown of the system. Do not actually shut down the system. -n Prevent the normal sync(2) before stopping. -r Execute reboot(1M). FILES
/etc/rmtab remote mounted file system table ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fastboot(1B), login(1), halt(1M), reboot(1M), syslogd(1M), sync(2), rmtab(4), attributes(5) NOTES
Only allows you to bring the system down between now and 23:59 if you use the absolute time for shutdown. SunOS 5.10 11 Oct 1994 shutdown(1B)