Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Print strings in bash in loop Post 303042348 by RudiC on Sunday 22nd of December 2019 08:27:43 AM
Old 12-22-2019
What's your shell and sed versions? Either of them may not like the \n notation and interprets it as a plain n... as you can see in falsennameTry a verbatim new line char:

Code:
sed 's/, name/\
name/g' file
name:Pages, path:/Applications/Pages.app, class:login item, kind:Application, hidden:false
name:Calculator, path:/System/Applications/Calculator.app, class:login item, kind:Application, hidden:true
name:Calendar, path:/System/Applications/Calendar.app, class:login item, kind:Application, hidden:false

Last edited by RudiC; 12-22-2019 at 09:43 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and ksh: variable lost in loop in bash?

Hi, I use AIX (ksh) and Linux (bash) servers. I'm trying to do scripts to will run in both ksh and bash, and most of the time it works. But this time I don't get it in bash (I'm more familar in ksh). The goal of my script if to read a "config file" (like "ini" file), and make various report.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estienne
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all between 2 strings

Hi All, I'm working on a large file and need to extract all data between 2 strings. I have seen many good solutions to threads almost like my problem but none that quite fit. This is all very new to me so any ideas would be really appreciated! (attempted to read sed and awk tutorials but got a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: soots
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all the lines between 2 specified strings

Hi All, I have a file in which i want to print all the lines between 2 defined strings. Ex- I have file with data as follows STEP1:- ----- has some 20 -30 lines of data STEP2:- ----- has some 20 -30 lines of data So i want to print those lines between STEP1 & STEP2. (line including STEP1)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalrg
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print specific strings only

Hello, I have a file like this.. 2 168611167 STK39 STK39 --- 27347 "serine threonine kinase 39 (STE20/SPS1 homolog, yeast)" YES SNP_A-2086192 rs16854601 0.001558882 6 13670256 SIRT5 /// RPS4X SIRT5 --- 23408 /// 6191 "sirtuin (silent mating type... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH loop inside a loop question

Hi all Sorry for the basic question, but i am writing a shell script to get around a slightly flaky binary that ships with one of our servers. This particular utility randomly generates the correct information and could work first time or may work on the 12th or 100th attempt etc !.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get strings on a file and print

hi all! i have a file like this lea 25 female dave 18 male jake 27 male and i want to have an output file like this my name is lea. i am 25. female my name is dave. i am 18. male my name is jake. i am 27. male thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engr.jay
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help me!] print text between two strings

Deal All, I have problem for this: input file : "data.txt" R 240 585694.59946146.8 8.0 239 585694.09946134.3 8.0 238 585693.59946121.8 8.01R 237 585693.09946109.3 8.0 236 585692.59946096.9 8.0 235 585692.19946084.4 8.01R 234 585691.59946071.9 8.0 233 585691.09946059.5 8.0 232... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksin
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help me!] Print text between two strings

Deal All, I have problem for this: input file : "data.txt" R 240 585694.59946146.8 8.0 239 585694.09946134.3 8.0 238 585693.59946121.8 8.01R 237 585693.09946109.3 8.0 236 585692.59946096.9 8.0 235 585692.19946084.4 8.01R 234 585691.59946071.9 8.0 233 585691.09946059.5 8.0 232... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksin
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arrays in bash using strings to bash built-in true

I have the following code and for some reason when I call the program using /home/tcdata/tatsh/trunk/hstmy/bin/bash/raytrac.bash --cmod=jcdint.cmod I get hasArgument = hasArgument = true Somehow the array element is returning even though I have not chosen the option. ... (41 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
41 Replies
Web::Simple::Application(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Web::Simple::Application(3pm)

NAME
Web::Simple::Application - A base class for your Web-Simple application DESCRIPTION
This is a base class for your Web::Simple application. You probably don't need to construct this class yourself, since Web::Simple does the 'heavy lifting' for you in that regards. METHODS
This class exposes the following public methods. default_config Merges with the "config" initializer to provide configuration information for your application. For example: sub default_config { ( title => 'Bloggery', posts_dir => $FindBin::Bin.'/posts', ); } Now, the "config" attribute of $self will be set to a HashRef containing keys 'title' and 'posts_dir'. The keys from default_config are merged into any config supplied, so if you construct your application like: MyWebSimpleApp::Web->new( config => { title => 'Spoon', environment => 'dev' } ) then "config" will contain: { title => 'Spoon', posts_dir => '/path/to/myapp/posts', environment => 'dev' } run_if_script The run_if_script method is designed to be used at the end of the script or .pm file where your application class is defined - for example: ## my_web_simple_app.pl #!/usr/bin/env perl use Web::Simple 'HelloWorld'; { package HelloWorld; sub dispatch_request { sub (GET) { [ 200, [ 'Content-type', 'text/plain' ], [ 'Hello world!' ] ] }, sub () { [ 405, [ 'Content-type', 'text/plain' ], [ 'Method not allowed' ] ] } } } HelloWorld->run_if_script; This returns a true value, so your file is now valid as a module - so require 'my_web_simple_app.pl'; my $hw = HelloWorld->new; will work fine (and you can rename it to lib/HelloWorld.pm later to make it a real use-able module). However, it detects if it's being run as a script (via testing $0) and if so attempts to do the right thing. If run under a CGI environment, your application will execute as a CGI. If run under a FastCGI environment, your application will execute as a FastCGI process (this works both for dynamic shared-hosting-style FastCGI and for apache FastCgiServer style setups). If run from the commandline with a URL path, it runs a GET request against that path - $ perl -Ilib examples/hello-world/hello-world.cgi / 200 OK Content-Type: text/plain Hello world! You can also provide a method name - $ perl -Ilib examples/hello-world/hello-world.cgi POST / 405 Method Not Allowed Content-Type: text/plain Method not allowed For a POST or PUT request, pairs on the command line will be treated as form variables. For any request, pairs on the command line ending in : are treated as headers, and 'Content:' will set the request body - $ ./myapp POST / Accept: text/html form_field_name form_field_value $ ./myapp POST / Content-Type: text/json Content: '{ "json": "here" }' The body of the response is sent to STDOUT and the headers to STDERR, so $ ./myapp GET / >index.html will generally do the right thing. Additionally, you can treat the file as though it were a standard PSGI application file (*.psgi). For example you can start up up with "plackup" plackup my_web_simple_app.pl or "starman" starman my_web_simple_app.pl to_psgi_app This method is called by "run_if_script" to create the PSGI app coderef for use via Plack and plackup. If you want to globally add middleware, you can override this method: use Web::Simple 'HelloWorld'; use Plack::Builder; { package HelloWorld; around 'to_psgi_app', sub { my ($orig, $self) = (shift, shift); my $app = $self->$orig(@_); builder { enable ...; ## whatever middleware you want $app; }; }; } This method can also be used to mount a Web::Simple application within a separate "*.psgi" file - use strictures 1; use Plack::Builder; use WSApp; use AnotherWSApp; builder { mount '/' => WSApp->to_psgi_app; mount '/another' => AnotherWSApp->to_psgi_app; }; This method can be called as a class method, in which case it implicitly calls ->new, or as an object method ... in which case it doesn't. run Used for running your application under stand-alone CGI and FCGI modes. I should document this more extensively but run_if_script will call it when you need it, so don't worry about it too much. run_test_request my $res = $app->run_test_request(GET => '/' => %headers); my $res = $app->run_test_request(POST => '/' => %headers_or_form); my $res = $app->run_test_request($http_request); Accepts either an HTTP::Request object or ($method, $path) and runs that request against the application, returning an HTTP::Response object. If the HTTP method is POST or PUT, then a series of pairs can be passed after this to create a form style message body. If you need to test an upload, then create an HTTP::Request object by hand or use the "POST" subroutine provided by HTTP::Request::Common. If pairs are passed where the key ends in :, it is instead treated as a headers, so: my $res = $app->run_test_request( POST => '/', 'Accept:' => 'text/html', some_form_key => 'value' ); will do what you expect. You can also pass a special key of Content: to set the request body: my $res = $app->run_test_request( POST => '/', 'Content-Type:' => 'text/json', 'Content:' => '{ "json": "here" }', ); AUTHORS
See Web::Simple for authors. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
See Web::Simple for the copyright and license. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-11 Web::Simple::Application(3pm)