Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A nice YT video on A.I
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A nice YT video on A.I Post 303042336 by Neo on Sunday 22nd of December 2019 12:02:59 AM
Old 12-22-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavinderSingh13

I totally agree with you on the facts which you mentioned. Actually I was looking brighter side of it(being a positive person Smilie ). .....
Now, you have identified the core reason why people must "fall for the illusion" of the benefits of these kinds of technologies versus beware of them.

Society, as a whole, penalizes us when we speak "truth to power" and are perceived as "negative".

We must be "positive" to get those high paying jobs, to "fit in", to work for the top big tech companies and we must become "evangelists" for the disruptive tech they are pushing.

It takes a tremendous amount of human strength, courage, ethics and moral courage to speak truth to power. It is generally dangerous to do so, and it does not result in the highest paying jobs or the biggest house in Silicon Valley.

To be human, everyone has a choice. They can maintain their moral compass and not be seduced by wealth, power, influence, etc. (this is called "The Dark Side" in the Star Wars space opera).

Or they can be a part of the humble resistance, like The Resistance in Star Wars, Neo and his buddies in the Matrix, or the Freeman in Dune.

No one becomes the richest tech giants, multi-billionaires without being seduced by The Dark Side.

No one becomes the richest tech giants working on the side of The Resistance.

Truth is actually stranger and more interesting than fiction, as the saying goes.

As a personal side note:

I could have been much richer and much more influential than I am today, if did not become a part of The Resistance, over 15 years ago, speaking "truth to power". However and personally, I have become "wealthy enough" without being seduced by wealth, fame and power and have never compromised my ethics and moral compass for wealth, position or fame.

This is a choice I made years ago. I do not like "The Dark Side"... and never will.

But, that's just me.... Smilie

Everyone makes their own choice.
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Very Nice

Just a quick message to say great work to Neo and any others who have helped with the upgrade - the layout, appearance and functionality of this forum ROCKS. By far the best I have seen. Excellent! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
1 Replies

2. Programming

nice command and nice() system call

Hi I want to implement the nice command in the shell that I am building. I came to know that there is a corresponding nice() system call for the same. But since I will be forking different processes to run different commands typed on the command prompt, is there any way I can make a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejbuch
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

top and nice

Hi, I have two identical 12 CPU HPUX machines, and I run the same processes on each that load the boxes fully. top on one reports activity under the NICE (19%) and SYS (18%) columns, while top on the other reports 0% NICE and 16% SYS. What would cause NICE to be zero on one machine and not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBorgia
5 Replies

4. Linux

USB video capture? composite, s-video, etc

does anybody have any experience with any of these composite video to usb devices on linux? usb video capture - Google Product Search would like to get one but a linux newbie and having trouble figuring out if any are ported... i've found lots of things that link to freedesktop.org DisplayLink... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies