Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Crash dump and Panic message : RSCT Dead Man Switch Timeout for HACMP; halting non-responsive node Post 303042277 by Neo on Friday 20th of December 2019 05:36:14 AM
Old 12-20-2019
Well, it appears to me you have a performance issue (resource issue) causing the failure.

It could be a disk error, a bus error, or a file system error causing the I/O problem; or like the message says, it could be a memory issue.

So, you should probably look in your syslog files and boot messages for errors related to the above recommendations:

Code:

Recommended Actions
        Examine I/O and memory activity on the system
        Reduce load on the system
        Tune virtual memory parameters

I would start at the top (look for errors in log files) first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

crash dump

hi friends, i know that when there is a crash then that memory image is put into /var/adm/crash but if the system hangs up and if i have access to console of that machine then how can i take the crash dump manully. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
2 Replies

3. Solaris

crash dump

Can anyone of you help me in enabling crash dump on Solaris 5.5.1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csreenivas
1 Replies

4. AIX

Node Switch Reasons in HACMP

Hi Guys, I have two nodes clustered. Each node is AIX 5.2 & they are clustered with HACMP 5.2. The mode of the cluster is Active/Passive which mean one node is the Active node & have all resource groups on it & the 2nd node is standby. Last Monday I noted that all resource groupes have been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
2 Replies

5. Solaris

crash dump

hi , i have machine that is crashed how i can enable core dump file & how can i find it ? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux heartbeat on redhat 4:node dead

Hi. I have started heartbeat on two redhat servers. Using eth0. Before I start heartbeat I can ping the two server to each other. Once I start heartbeat both the server become active as they both have warnings that the other node is dead. Also I am not able to ping each other. After stopping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amrita garg
1 Replies

7. AIX

hacmp in a 7 node configuration ?

Hi Guys, I have to design a multinode hacmp cluster and am not sure if the design I am thinking of makes any sense. I have to make an environment that currently resides on 5 nodes more resilient but I have the constrain of only having 4 frames. In addition the business doesnt want to pay for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
7 Replies

8. AIX

HACMP switch over

Hi I had an active passive cluster. Node A went down and all resource groups moved to Node B. Now we brought up Node A. What is the procedure to bring everything back to Node A. Node A #lssrc -a | grep cl clcomdES clcomdES 323782 active clstrmgrES cluster... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
9 Replies

9. HP-UX

Prevent crash dump when SG cluster node reboots

Hi Experts, I have configured HP-UX Service Guard cluster and it dumps crash every time i reboot a cluster node. Can anyone please help me to prevent these unnecessary crash dumps at the time of rebooting SG cluster node? Thanks in advance. Vaishey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaishey
2 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina display crash and system panic

MacPro (2013) 12-Core, 64GB RAM (today's crash): panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f8b333ad5): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in 120 seconds service: com.apple.logd, total successful checkins since load (318824 seconds ago): 31883, last successful... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_ISSUE(8)