Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Very Basic Arduino Uno Board Testing Post 303042240 by hicksd8 on Thursday 19th of December 2019 12:26:54 PM
Old 12-19-2019
FWIW, the WS2812b LED strip 3 connections are:

5V line to 5V on Arduino
GND line to GND on Arduino
Signal line (LED control) to configured output pin on Arduino via a 100 Ohm resistor.

That's all.

Some web pages talk of a 1000uF capacitor but I didn't need to use one. Everything just worked fine. Of course, your LED strip may be different.

Last edited by hicksd8; 12-19-2019 at 01:46 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use The Terminal To Test Arduino Is Working.

Hi all... (Apologies for any typos at all.) This is a step by step _script_ to check if your Arduino is talking to your Linux or Macbook Pro computer using the Terminal... It works on at least 3 Linux flavours and now the Macbook Pro... I hope you find it useful as a simple check for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Arduino Diecimila Board Access...

This is a very simple starter DEMO to access Arduino Diecimila Board for the Macbook Pro 13" OSX 10.7.5... A potentiometer is connected between 5V and Gnd with the wiper connected to ANALOG IN 0 on the Arduino. This was adjusted to give the Ms and Ls as seen... I now have DC in for this... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Semi-Automatic Arduino Detection.

I am working on a semi-auto detection idea for Arduino for the Scope project. It does require a little user intervention but minimal. It works by just responding to two on screen prompts to unplug and plug Arduino into a USB port. There are two versions and both work perfectly well and give... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

5. Programming

More Arduino Stuff...

HI all... (Apologies for any typos.) To add to Neo's Arduino subject matter I have decided to upload this in ".zip" format. Ignore "*.info" files these are AMIGA icons only and also the "HAM" drawer as these are photos in ancient AMIGA HAM modes. I have noticed that there are current... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

6. Programming

Chinese Arduino UNO Clones - The Wavgat versus the generic UNO R3 Clone - The Winner Is?

Waiting for more fun Ardunio parts from AliExpress, I decided to test two cheap Chinese Arduino UNO clones. The Arduino UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P The Wavgat UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P Both of these Chinese Ardunio clones sell for about $3 USD, delivered to your door. The bottom line is... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Programming

Arduino UNIX Time - Syncing Computer UNIX Time to Arduino Time with Python

Just finished a quick Python script to send the current unix time over to the Arduino from macOS, so in the absence of GPS or some other way to get the unix timestamp (epoch time) to the Arduino, I can get my macOS and Arduino UNO synced to within a second. Normally, when the Arduino starts... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

8. Programming

Basic Arduino UNO Bluetooth Testing with the BLE 4.0 (CC2541, MLT-BT04 IC)

Here is a sketch to do basic testing for the Arduino UNO and the MLT-BT04. This BLE module works with IOS (iPhone) and I'll add some details on my IOS testing with an iPhone in a follow-up post. For now, here is the basic BLE (HM-10) sketch for the Arduino UNO: /* Arduino test-code... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
x52output(1)						      General Commands Manual						      x52output(1)

NAME
x52output - command line frontend for the x52pro library SYNOPSIS
x52output text 0 'First Line' x52output text 1 'Second Line' x52output text 2 'Third Line' x52output bri 0 40 x52output bri 1 50 x52output led 1 1 # not available for old X52 x52output time 1 12 20 x52output date 7 10 17 x52output second 30 # YOKE only x52output offset 0 1 0 90 # set 90 minutes offset on time display 2 DESCRIPTION
x52output is a command line frontend for the x52pro MFD library. It is intended for debugging and/or scripting purposes. The x52pro MFD library provides access to the display/LEDS of following SAITEK pro flight devices o X52 Pro Flight Control System o X52 Flight Control System o X52 Pro Flight Yoke. x52output has following sub-commands: text line text Outputs a single line of text to one of the three lines on the x52/x52pro MFD. line is a number from 0 to 2, text is an alphanumeric text of length 16. Some graphical characters are also supported but no work has currently been spent on charset compatibility. bri mfd brightness Sets the brightness of either the button LEDs (x52pro only) or the MFD. mfd=0 selects the buttons and mfd=1 selects the MFD. brightness is a decimal value in the range from 0 to 127. led led-idx color Sets the led color of one of the x52pro buttons. led-idx is a value from 1 to 19. The meaning of the led-idx values are specified in the next paragraph. time h24 hour minute Sets the time shown on the MFD. h24=0 displays the time in AM/PM notation, h24=1 displays the time in 24 Hour notation. hour is a value from 0 to 24 while minute is a value from 0 to 60. date year month mday Sets the date shown on the MFD. year, month, and mday are just values from 0 to 99. Using this order will show as YY-MM-DD on the MFD but it is possible to use the three values in any order preferred. second second Sets the second value shown on the Pro Flight Yoke MFD. Can be a value from 0 to 59. offset offset Sets the time offset of the secondary and tertiary time display of the x52/x52pro MFD. idx=0 selects the secondary display while idx=1 selects the tertiary display. neg=0 sets a positive offset, neg=1 sets a negative offset. offset is in minutes from 0 to 1023. led-idx for the led sub-command can be one of the following values: 1 LED(s) of Fire Button 2 Red LED of A Button 3 Green LED of A Button 4 Red LED of B Button 5 Green LED of B Button 6 Red LED of D Button 7 Green LED of D Button 8 Red LED of E Button 9 Green LED of E Button 10 Red LED of T1 Switch 11 Green LED of T1 Switch 12 Red LED of T2 Switch 13 Green LED of T2 Switch 14 Red LED of T3 Switch 15 Green LED of T3 Switch 16 Red LED of Coolie Hat 17 Green LED of Coolie Hat 18 Red LED of i Button 19 Green LED of i Button x52output needs write access to the raw x52 USB device. This package is supplied with udev rules for providing write access on the SAITEK MFD joysticks to the plugdev group members. If x52output fails, permission problems can be checked by means of running it with sudo. EXIT STATUS
If the joystick/yoke is not found x52output will return a status code of 1. In every other situation it will return a status code of 0. This includes malformed command lines. BUGS
x52output can currently control only a single SAITEK mfd device. If there are more than one devices attached to the system, the first will always be used. AUTHOR
Written by Eduard Hasenleithner <eduard@hasenleithner.at> x52output(1)