Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Enhance existing script: Extract Multiple variables & Input in an echo string Post 303042213 by nk1984 on Thursday 19th of December 2019 01:56:43 AM
Old 12-19-2019
Thanks for your quick help.

It works absolutely fine & the execution Time is improved significantly.

Regards
Nk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract from string variable into new variables

I have a variable which consists of a string like this: 001 aaabc 44 a bbb12 How do I extract each substring, delimited by the spaces, into new variables - one for each substring? eg var1 will be 001, var2 will be aaabc, var3 will be 44, var4 will be a, etc? I've come up with this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sniper Pixie
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract numbers from a string and store in variables

Hi All, Is it possible in Unix shell script to extract numbers from a string containing ".", such as; 5.2.314 And store in variables so; var1 = 5 var2 = 2 var3 = 314 Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide dave (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewg
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tailing new log file & echo the string on console

Guys, I do have a script that runs to take the server out from network, after running the script it is writing the new log file{outFile} in to directory . Now what i need is my script should tail the last modified file{outFile} & search the string {Server Status} ans should echo the same at the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Variables in Array from Existing Directories

I would like to extract directories from a specific place and keep them into an array of variables to run functions into it. Example, bash-3.00$ls adrian bryan caren derrick I want to keep each directory names into a variable adrian --> document bryan --> document caren --> document... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lynxlee
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk + gsub to search multiple input values & replace with located string + extra text

Hi all. I have the following command that is successfully searching for any one of the strings on all lines of a file and replacing it with the instructed value. cat inputFile | awk '{gsub(/aaa|bbb|ccc|ddd/,"1234")}1' > outputFile This does in fact replace any occurrence of aaa, bbb,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazhoop
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Match & Extract from a string

Hi, I have long string in 2nd field, as shown below: REF1 | CLESCLJSCSHSCSMSCSNSCSRSCUDSCUFSCU7SCV1SCWPSCXGPDBACAPA0DHDPDMESED6 REF2 | SBR4PCBFPCDRSCSCG3SCHEBSCKNSCKPSCLLSCMCZXTNPCVFPCV6P4KL0DMDSDSASEWG I have a group of fixed patterns which can occur in these long strings & only... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each line from input file, assign variables, and echo to output file?

I've got a file that looks like this (spaces before first entries intentional): 12345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 22345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 32345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN I want to read through the file line by line,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple values into corresponding variables

Here is my input # MANIFEST.MF Manifest-Version: 1.0 Build-Jdk: 1.6.0 Built-By: CM_TEAM Build_SvnRev: 662789 Build_Number: 13.0.0.0-JDK8 Build_Date: Wed 04/05/2017-20:48:19.17 Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver Created-By: Apache Maven 3.1.0 Here is the expected output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies
Time::Piece::MySQL(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Time::Piece::MySQL(3pm)

NAME
Time::Piece::MySQL - Adds MySQL-specific methods to Time::Piece SYNOPSIS
use Time::Piece::MySQL; my $time = localtime; print $time->mysql_datetime; print $time->mysql_date; print $time->mysql_time; my $time = Time::Piece->from_mysql_datetime( $mysql_datetime ); my $time = Time::Piece->from_mysql_date( $mysql_date ); my $time = Time::Piece->from_mysql_timestamp( $mysql_timestamp ); DESCRIPTION
Using this module instead of, or in addition to, "Time::Piece" adds a few MySQL-specific date-time methods to "Time::Piece" objects. OBJECT METHODS
mysql_date / mysql_time / mysql_datetime / mysql_timestamp Returns the date and/or time in a format suitable for use by MySQL. CONSTRUCTORS
from_mysql_date / from_mysql_datetime / from_mysql_timestamp Given a date, datetime, or timestamp value as returned from MySQL, these constructors return a new Time::Piece object. If the value is NULL, they will retrun undef. CAVEAT "Time::Piece" itself only works with times in the Unix epoch, this module has the same limitation. However, MySQL itself handles date and datetime columns from '1000-01-01' to '9999-12-31'. Feeding in times outside of the Unix epoch to any of the constructors has unpredictable results. Also, MySQL doesn't validate dates (because your application should); it only checks that dates are in the right format. So, your database might include dates like 2004-00-00 or 2001-02-31. Passing invalid dates to any of the constructors is a bad idea: on my system the former type (with zeros) returns undef (previous version used to die) while the latter returns a date in the following month. AUTHOR
Original author: Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> Current maintainer: Marty Pauley <marty+perl@kasei.com> COPYRIGHT
(c) 2002 Dave Rolsky (c) 2004 Marty Pauley This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Time::Piece perl v5.12.4 2008-06-07 Time::Piece::MySQL(3pm)