Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to search & delete inclusively between two lines? Post 303042147 by RudiC on Monday 16th of December 2019 12:46:59 PM
Old 12-16-2019
Any attempts / ideas / thoughts from your side?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search 2 lines and delete above line

Hi, I've been searching in this forum for the last 4 hours trying to do one thing: search 2 lines and delete the above line. So far I have not be able to find something similar in this forum, so I need help. This is what I'm trying to do. For example, I have a file called file1: file1 word1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamushamu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced Search & Delete Text File

I have a file in which email messages are stored in. Every email is separated by by a ^Z character (Control-Z). I need to extract all emails after the 65,00th one to another file and delete them from the original file. Any suggests on accomplishing this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxcell
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word and delete consecutive lines below it

Hi all coders, I need a help to process some data. I have this file, 3 09/21/08 03:32:07 started undef mino Oracle nmx004.wwdc.numonyx.co m Message Text : The Oracle session with the PID 1103 has a CPU time consuming of 999.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete new lines based on search criteria

Hi all! A bit of background: I am trying to create a script that formats SQL statements. I have gotten so far as to add new lines based on certain match criteria like commas, keywords etc. In the process, I end up adding newlines where I don't want. For example: substr(colName, 1, 10)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayarkay
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search & delete located criteria

Guys, I manages to get awk to search and print the files that I want to delete. However I am stuck on the delete portion. Here is the command that I am using to fins these files. find /usr/local/apache/conf/vhosts/ -type f | awk '/e$/' The output is perfect. The files look like so: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How get only required lines & delete the rest of the lines in file

Hiiii I have a file which contains huge data as a.dat: PDE 1990 1 9 18 51 28.90 24.7500 95.2800 118.0 6.1 0.0 BURMA event name: 010990D time shift: 7.3000 half duration: 5.0000 latitude: 24.4200 longitude: 94.9500 depth: 129.6000 Mrr: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and delete the lines in a file

HI group members I am new in unix I want to search # symbol in a file. if found need to delete the entire row in the file. need to move the actual data(with out # symbol data) to another file. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmreddy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search pattern and delete lines

Hello, i have a question. My problem is that i have a file like: TEST JOHN ADAM MICHAEL SEBASTIAN ANDY i want find for MICHAEL and want delete lines like this: TEST (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eightball
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
REDNOTEBOOK(1)															    REDNOTEBOOK(1)

NAME
rednotebook - daily journal with calendar, templates and keyword searching SYNOPSIS
rednotebook [options] [journal-path] DESCRIPTION
RedNotebook is a desktop diary that makes it very easy for you to keep track of the stuff you do and the thoughts you have. This journal software helps you to write whole passages or just facts and does so in style. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help text and exit -d, --debug Output debugging messages (default: false) -m, --minimized Start RedNotebook and minimize it to the tray journal-path can be one of the following: - An absolute path (e.g. /home/username/myjournal) - A relative patch (e.g. ../dir/myjournal) - The name of a directory under $HOME/.rednotebook/ (e.g. myjournal) If the journal-path is omitted the last session's journal will be used. At the first program start this defaults to $HOME/.rednote- book/data. Configuration is stored in the file ~/.rednotebook/configuration.cfg. FILES
/usr/bin/rednotebook - RedNotebook executable ~/.rednotebook - per-user configuration and notebooks AUTHOR
rednotebook was written by Jendrik Seipp <jendrikseipp@web.de>. This manual page was written by Jonathan Wiltshire <debian@jwiltshire.org.uk>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Jonathan Wiltshire 2009-08-31 REDNOTEBOOK(1)