Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Motif GUI example. UNIX executable ready. Post 303042111 by Sennenmut on Sunday 15th of December 2019 08:40:52 AM
Old 12-15-2019
hey come on ,
please run the gui example on your bsd machine.
it's a example for me that the programmed little gui works on other machines.
maybe 64bit.
i have made it with a 32bit freebsd.

a simple feedback would be glad. its easy.
1. download toplevel+label+font.gz
2. in terminal type : gunzip toplevel+label+font.gz
3. double klick the executable
4. if permissions are not right type in terminal as root user : chmod +x toplevel+label+font

WBR
SM

Last edited by Sennenmut; 12-15-2019 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: additional description

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Is Unix/Solaris 10 ready for professional Desktop need?

There is little or no gaming available without the use of emulation or virtualization. There is no support for Xen in Solaris 10, you will have to Nevada to get that which also means no XP apps unless you can get them to run in Wine. It is unlikely that windows only hardware will be supported. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot run UNIX executable !

I have installed the Darwin Calendar Server on my Mac and got it working. To start the server I open a Finder window on my mac and click the UNIX executable called RUN. In order to start the server automatically on bootup I used LINGON to add a startup Daemon to call "RUN -d". When I reboot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thylacine
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix executable file

Hi - How can I find out under sh whitch file is an unix executable file? Need it for an software inventory. Thanks in advance. Regards - Lazybaer (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create GUI or Executable For Script

Hi all. I've got a unix script at work that I just got done with. Now they want me to write some simple way to run it on Windows. Right now we log into a Solaris server using Hummingbird Exceed to gain a terminal. Im thinking that there really isn't any good way to get Windows and the server... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
5 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Plist to Unix Executable

I'm using an old conversion method for converting a plist into an XML file, but that's not what I'm needing just via terminal now. What I'm looking for is an answer to convert a plist file into an executable. I'd like to import it into Casper and have the JSS push it out onto an image. In this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Motif 2.1 migration from Motif 1.2

An application was getting built using Motif 1.2 that used come along Solaris 6 OS for compiling and linking. Application is run using Motif 2.1 on Solaris 10 and it is working fine. Application compilation and linking is working fine on Solaris 10 with Motif 2.1.0 but running the application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Motif gui programming !

MOTIF GUI PROGRAMMING ! Hi there. I am a MOTIF GUI Programmer in C language. After a longer break i have problems with the GCC compiling. my MOTIF file is named winstack.c I have the follow code gcc -o newprogram winstack.c -lXm -lXt -lX11 The compilation runs good. But no executable LINUX... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

I'll be a professional MOTIF GUI programmer.

I'll be a professional MOTIF GUI programmer. And nothing will stop me. Nothing. :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
5 Replies
xconsole(1X)															      xconsole(1X)

NAME
dxconsole, xconsole - monitor system console messages with X SYNOPSIS
dxconsole | xconsole [-toolkitoption...] [-file file-name] [-notify] [-stripNonprint] [-daemon] [-verbose] [-exitOnFail] [-motif] [-stdin] [-maxSize n] [-buttons] OPTIONS
The dxconsole and xconsole programs accept all of the standard X Toolkit command line options along with the additional options listed below: To monitor some other device, use this option to specify the device name. This does not work on regular files as they are always ready to be read from. When new data are received from the console and the notify option is set, the icon name of the application has "*" appended, so that it is evident even when the application is iconified. -notify is the default. This option causes dxconsole or xconsole to place itself in the background, using fork/exit. When set, this option directs dxconsole or xconsole to display an informative message in the first line of the text buffer. When set, this option directs dxconsole or xconsole to exit when it is unable to redirect the con- sole output. When set, this option causes the Motif interface to be presented. (This option is always set in dxconsole.) This option directs xconsole to read from stdin as well as /dev/console (default in dxconsole). This option establishes the maximum amount (in charac- ters) to be displayed. The default is 32768. This option governs whether clear and dismiss buttons appear. Applies only to the Motif interface and is set by default. DESCRIPTION
The dxconsole and xconsole programs display messages which are usually sent to /dev/console. By default, xconsole presents the Athena interface and dxconsole presents the Motif interface. Since dxconsole is an X client, it will terminate upon receiving a fatal error from the X server. This may occur if the swap space is low and the X Server is not able to process a request from dxconsole. X DEFAULTS
This program uses the Athena Text widget, look in the Athena Widget Set documentation for controlling it. WIDGETS
In order to specify resources, it is useful to know the hierarchy of the widgets which compose dxconsole and xconsole. In the notation below, indentation indicates hierarchical structure. The widget class name is given first, followed by the widget instance name. XConsole xconsole XConsole text ENVIRONMENT
to get the default host and display number. to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. FILES
specifies required resources specifies required resources SEE ALSO
X(1X), xrdb(1X), Athena Text widget, Motif Text widget AUTHOR
Keith Packard (MIT X Consortium) xconsole(1X)