Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming E**(i*pi)=-1 or e**(j*pi)=-1, something I found out in Python using part of Eulers Identit equation. Post 303042083 by wisecracker on Friday 13th of December 2019 01:54:58 PM
Old 12-13-2019
E**(i*pi)=-1 or e**(j*pi)=-1, something I found out in Python using part of Eulers Identit equation.

Well guys and gals I have discovered after all these years that Python does complex numbers without the 'complex()' function or 'cmath' import.
It is well known that Euler's Identity E**(i*pi)+1=0 so I decided to experiment
Code:
Last login: Fri Dec 13 18:27:30 on ttys000
AMIGA:amiga~> python3.8
Python 3.8.0rc1 (v3.8.0rc1:34214de6ab, Oct  1 2019, 12:56:49) 
[Clang 6.0 (clang-600.0.57)] on darwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> pi=3.14159265359
>>> e=2.71828182846
>>> 
>>> e**(pi*1j)
(-1-1.31038479358762e-12j)
>>> exit()
 AMIGA:amiga~> _

As you can see within the limitations of the floating point accuracy e**(pi*1j)=-1.
We all live and learn and it also works for Python 1.4.0 for the AMIGA.

Last edited by wisecracker; 12-13-2019 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: Added last two lines.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

equation calculation on Unix

Hay, guys, Any ideas how to calculate like this: in first file, there're number of lines listing 2+3, 6*9 ....... Then, how to get the result and put them in another file in format: 2+3 5 6*9 54 ...... sheerly by shell command, no scripts required. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbinGlasses
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK equation evaluation.

Hi, Is there a way to evaluate an equation contained in a string within an AWK script? For example: A = "(5*2)-1" (this equation is read from a file and varies line by line) In this example, I can't see any way to get an answer of 9 unless I do: cmd = "awk 'BEGIN{print "A"}'" cmd |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srdgeo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - maths equation - need help

if input to the perl program is ' ( p * ((a+b) * (c+d))) + q ' it shuld give the output as ' pac + pad + pbc + pbd + q ' .can anyone suggest a way to do this ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anuj8584
7 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Performance Equation

I'm running a MPI program using a cluster of 4 machines(different machines of different processing power,cpu utilization etc.). I'm trying to balance the computation among the machine to get the minimum execution time for that. I tried to balance it by creating a threshold value by taking the load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chamila1986
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with insert a value equation in bash script

HI All, I have a script in bash that i want that script will perform action When the size of a particular folder exceeds the 80%. Here is an example of script that result is exactly 80% : #!/bin/bash CHECK=$(df -h /var/log/syslog | grep '80%' | xargs echo | cut -d' ' -f5) if ];... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aviel.shani
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python fails to detect String Match Found

Below is my code for comparing string for Exact Match found in python. for word in jdbc_trgt.split(','): global comp comp=word.strip(); print "GloBAL:" + comp fiIn = open('list.txt').readlines() for lines in fiIn: print "line1s:" +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance with my Find command to identify last part of a file name and report the name found

Hello Forum, We have two bootstraps of Chef in our environment which are identified by colour: /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/bootstrap_cookbooks_version_green and /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/bootstrap_cookbooks_version_red I'm attempting to identify which version is installed based on the name... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
11 Replies
PYDOC(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  PYDOC(1)

NAME
pydoc -- the Python documentation tool SYNOPSIS
pydoc name pydoc -k keyword pydoc -p port pydoc -g pydoc -w module ... pydoc --help DESCRIPTION
pydoc shows text documentation on something related to python(1). The name argument may be the name of a Python keyword, topic, function, module, or package, or a dotted reference to a class or function within a module or module in a package. If name contains a '/', it is used as the path to a Python source file to document. If name is 'keywords', 'topics', or 'modules', a listing of these things is displayed. OPTIONS
-k keyword Search for a keyword in the synopsis lines of all available modules. -p port Start an HTTP server on the given port on the local machine. -g Pop up a graphical interface for finding and serving documentation. -w module ... Write out the HTML documentation for a module to a file in the current directory. If module contains a '/', it is treated as a filename; if it names a directory, documentation is written for all the contents. --help Prints out a help message. AUTHOR
Moshe Zadka, based on "pydoc --help" SEE ALSO
python(1) Dec 19, 2003