Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Report generation using script Post 303042013 by fretagi on Wednesday 11th of December 2019 04:51:29 AM
Old 12-11-2019
But for now what is needed is something very simple, like an excel spreadsheet with a summary information of the health status of the servers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Report generation

Hi, I am beginner in shell programming.In a shell script i found a call to a script 'runrep25m',which i think is to generate oracle reports?Could anyone help me by providing some details about its usage With Thanks & Regards Dileep (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk- report generation from input file

I have input file with below content: Person: Name: Firstname1 lastname1 Address: 111, Straat City : Hilversum Person: Name : Fistname2 lastname2 Address: 222, street Cit: Bussum Person: Name : Firstname2 lastname3 Address: 333, station straat City: Amsterdam I need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: McLan
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

report generation

Hello, I got a requirement in writing a sheel script in unix, please help me out the requirement is there are two folders Folder1 and Folder2 and there are same files in the different folders. like file1,file2 in folder1 and file1 and file2 in folder2. I would like to compare all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmahesh2k
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report generation

Hello, I got a requirement in writing a KSH script in unix, please help me out the requirement is there are two folders Folder1 and Folder2 and there are same files in the different folders. like file1,file2 in folder1 and file1 and file2 in folder2. I would like to compare all the similar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmahesh2k
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report Generation with Grep

All, I am pretty new to Unix Environment. I am not sure if my requirement can be accomplished in Unix. I did try searching this forum and others but could not get an answer. Requirement is explained below: I have a set of files in a folder. file1_unload file2_unload file3_unload... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk report generation problem

Hello everyone, I have a list of inputs as below. My logic is to get the particular powerdisk which matches for ASM disk which means take the major & minor number of each asm disk and matches with powerdisk info then get the particular powerdisk $ ls -l /dev/asm_* ---> ASM disk info... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannan84
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Report Generation

hi all i need to generate a report file that contains the following details of files present in a directory. 1. File name 2.Complete path for each files and directory 3.File size 4.Days older example i have a directory testing that contains sub-directories and some files. i need to make a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwantkumar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report generation based on certain conditions

Hi I recently joined a project where I have been asked to generate a report using shell script accessing UNIX box. I have no idea on how to do it as I am a beginner and learning shell scripts. Suppose I have a XML: Code: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vat1kor
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report generation using perl script

Hi, I have a perl script to read the log file and create a report from it. I have the script file and log file in a different directories. Now i have pipe the log file data to the perl script to create the report (HMTL file). I am using the below command this isn't working tail -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX cluster disk usage report generation for yesterday & today and email

HI Team, I am trying to create a shell script to generate a yesterday and today report to compare and email in daily basis. can you please help me on the same. #!/bin/bash #Author: ******************* #Description: This script will return the following set of system information: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mi4304
2 Replies
PSC(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PSC(1)

NAME
psc - prepare sc files SYNOPSIS
psc [-fLkrSPv] [-s cell] [-R n] [-C n] [-n n] [-d c] DESCRIPTION
Psc is used to prepare data for input to the spreadsheet calculator sc(1). It accepts normal ascii data on standard input. Standard out- put is a sc file. With no options, psc starts the spreadsheet in cell A0. Strings are right justified. All data on a line is entered on the same row; new input lines cause the output row number to increment by one. The default delimiters are tab and space. The column for- mats are set to one larger than the number of columns required to hold the largest value in the column. OPTIONS
-f Omit column width calculations. This option is for preparing data to be merged with an existing spreadsheet. If the option is not specified, the column widths calculated for the data read by psc will override those already set in the existing spreadsheet. -L Left justify strings. -k Keep all delimiters. This option causes the output cell to change on each new delimiter encountered in the input stream. The default action is to condense multiple delimiters to one, so that the cell only changes once per input data item. -r Output the data by row first then column. For input consisting of a single column, this option will result in output of one row with multiple columns instead of a single column spreadsheet. -s cell Start the top left corner of the spreadsheet in cell. For example, -s B33 will arrange the output data so that the spreadsheet starts in column B, row 33. -R n Increment by n on each new output row. -C n Increment by n on each new output column. -n n Output n rows before advancing to the next column. This option is used when the input is arranged in a single column and the spreadsheet is to have multiple columns, each of which is to be length n. -d c Use the single character c as the delimiter between input fields. -P Plain numbers only. A field is a number only when there is no imbedded [-+eE]. -S All numbers are strings. -v Print the version of psc SEE ALSO
sc(1) AUTHOR
Robert Bond PSC 7.16 19 September 2002 PSC(1)