Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compare date bash script
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Compare date bash script Post 303041976 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 10th of December 2019 07:42:54 AM
Old 12-10-2019
Your two parameters (which I have wrapped in ICODE tags for you) appear to be the same to me. Notwithstanding, I'm wondering if the table column in question is a string or a date. The output of DESC your_table_name ; will should you what it is defined as. If it is stored as a date field, then we can probably adjust the SELECT statement.

Can you show us your table structure, the query and some sample output that we need to logically compare? The way to do it will be to convert it to Unix time (number of seconds since the Epoch, 1/1/1970) as Neo says, and then it is a simple subtraction.

Thanks, in advance,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

count and compare no of records in bash shell script.

consider this as a csv file. H,0002,0002,20100218,17.25,P,barani D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 T,5 N i want to read the csv file and count the number of rows that start with D and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare time in bash script?

Hi, Anyone know how to compare the time in bash script? I want to compare say 30 min. to 45 min. ( AIX ) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumit30
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to compare two lists

Hi, I do little bash scripting so sorry for my ignorance. How do I compare if the two variable not match and if they do not match run a command. I was thinking a for loop but then I need another for loop for the 2nd list and I do not think that would work as in the real world there could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Compare Script

Hi All, I wil be having Files as below in SourceFile_Path DIR AA.20110131 AA.20110228 AA.20110202 AA.20110330 BB.20091031 I want to Keep only monthly (20110131,20110228,20100229,20110330) in First SourceFile_Path, If it is not monthly file then want to Move files to some another... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samadhanpatil
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare & Copy Directories : Bash Script Help

Beginner/Intermediate shell; comfortable in the command line. I have been looking for a solution to a backup problem. I need to compare Directory 1 to Directory 2 and copy all modified or new files/directories from Directory 1 to Directory 3. I need the directory and file structure to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rod
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to compare two files of todays date and yesterday's date

hi all, How to compare two files whether they are same are not...? like i had my input files as 20141201_file.txt and 20141130_file2.txt how to compare the above files based on date .. like todays file and yesterdays file...? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to compare 2 file

Hello Friends please help me to create script to compare 2 fiile which has rpm info . File 1: glibc-2.12.1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm glibc-common-2.12-1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm File 2 : glibc-2.12.123.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm glibc-common-2.12-123.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm To compare file1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rnary
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array compare bash script

Hello, i have a script that should compare between ${ARRAY} that contains all fstab record like this : >>echo ${ARRAY} / /boot between all mountpoints in my df that is stord in ${ARRAY2} >>echo ${ARRAY2} / /boot /dev/shm /var/spool/asterisk/monitor now i have this loop: for i in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script to compare file all the files exits or not

Currently i am building a script like based on region parameter it will filter the records in config file and then it will create a text file like ab.txt and it will read the path location in that file and now i need to compare the files name in the config file to files in the path of the config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saranath
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare Date to today's date in shell script

Hi Community! Following on from this code in another thread: #!/bin/bash file_string=`/bin/cat date.txt | /usr/bin/awk '{print $5,$4,$7,$6,$8}'` file_date=`/bin/date -d "$file_string"` file_epoch=`/bin/date -d "$file_string" +%s` now_epoch=`/bin/date +%s` if then #let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Greenage
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)