Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Sed, awk or another bash command to modify string with the content of another file Post 303041968 by dco on Monday 9th of December 2019 03:59:34 PM
Old 12-09-2019
Sed, awk or another bash command to modify string with the content of another file

Hello everybody,

I would like modify some strings using sed or another command line with the content file.

For example:
Code:
- {fqdn: "server-01" , ip: "server-01"}
- {fqdn: "server-02" , ip: "server-02"}
- {fqdn: "server-03" , ip: "server-03"}
- {fqdn: "server-04" , ip: "server-04"}

My goal is to remplace server01, server02 etc with the content of the following file:
Code:
cat /tmp/new_server
server-05
server-06
server-07
server-08

Do you have any idea to do that using AWK or SED ?

Thanks.

Last edited by vbe; 12-09-2019 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: code tags please

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file content with awk and sed

Hello , I have huge file with below content. I need to read the numeric values with in the paranthesis after = sign. Please help me with awk and sed script for it. 11.10.2009 04:02:47 Customer login not found: identifier=(0748502889) prefix=(TEL) serviceCode=(). 11.10.2009 04:03:12... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmv
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/perl command to delete specific pattern and content above it...

Hi, Below is my input file: Data: 1 Length: 20 Got result. Data: 2 Length: 30 No result. Data: 3 Length: 20 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edge_diners
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to open a saved file and modify the content

I am looking for a script where I need to open a file and modify the data like changing the parameters.Can anyone help me? open a file software.rsp . It already contains following data. parameter = false threads=100 user= demf The above should be changed to paramter=true thread= 133... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriki32
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i delete the content between all the occurences of two strings using sed or awk command

Hi. I have to delete the content between all the occurrences of the xml tags in a single file. For example: * The tags <script>.....................</script> occurs more than once in the same file. * It follows tagging rules meaning a start tag will be followed by an end tag. Will not have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkumar
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the file with awk,sed or perl

Hi All, I need help from any of you.Would be so thankful for your help. I/P DDDD,1045,161,1557,429,1694,800,1911,1113,2460,1457,2917> 1609,3113,1869,3317,2732,3701,3727,4132,5857,5107> 9004,6496 DDDD,1125,157,1558,429,1694,800,1911,1117,2432,1444,2906>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk modify string

Hi Guys, i world like to do the following with awk, i have the the complete username example in a file a have some names Mario Rossi John Doe i would like to convert this name in this format from file with awk Mario,Rossi,"Mario Rossi ",m.rossi_ext@mydomain.com,$TRUE, John,Doe,"John... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk/sed command to extract the string between 2 patterns but having some particular value

Hi - i have one file with content as below. ***** BEGIN 123 ***** BASH is awesome ***** END ***** ***** BEGIN 365 ***** KSH is awesome ***** END ***** ***** BEGIN 157 ***** KSH is awesome ***** END ***** ***** BEGIN 7123 ***** C is awesome ***** END ***** I am trying to find all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
4 Replies
LOGPROF.CONF(5) 						     AppArmor							   LOGPROF.CONF(5)

NAME
logprof.conf - configuration file for expert options that modify the behavior of the AppArmor aa-logprof(1) program. DESCRIPTION
The aa-logprof(1) program can be configured to have certain default behavior by the contents of logprof.conf. The [qualifiers] section lists specific programs that should have a subset of the full ix/px/ux list when asking what mode to execute it using. Since creating a separate profile for /bin/bash is dangerous, we can specify that for /bin/bash, only (I)nherit, (U)nconstrained, and (D)eny should be allowed options and only those will show up in the prompt when we're asking about adding that to a profile. Likewise, if someone currently exec's /bin/mount in ix or px mode, things won't work, so we can provide only (U)nconstrained and (D)eny as options. And certain apps like grep, awk, sed, cp, and mkdir should always inherit the parent profile rather than having their own profile or running unconfined, so for them we can specify that only (I)nherit and (D)eny are the allowed options. Any programs that are not listed in the qualifiers section get the full (I)nherit / (P)rofile / (U)nconstrained / (D)eny option set. If the user is doing something tricky and wants different behavior, they can tweak or remove the corresponding line in the conf file. The [defaulthat] section lists changehat-aware programs and what hat aa-logprof(1) will collapse the entries to for that program if the user specifies that the access should be allowed, but should not have it's own hat. The [globs] section allows modification of the logprof rule engine with respect to globbing suggestions that the user will be prompted with. The format of each line is-- "<perl glob> = <apparmor glob>". When aa-logprof(1) asks about a specific path, if the perl glob matches the path, it replaces the part of the path that matched with the corresponding apparmor glob and adds it to the list of globbing suggestions. Lines starting with # are comments and are ignored. EXAMPLE
[qualifiers] # things will very likely be painfully broken if bash has it's own profile /bin/bash = iu # mount doesn't work if it's confined /bin/mount = u # these helper utilities should inherit the parent profile and # shouldn't have their own profiles /bin/awk = i /bin/grep = i /bin/sed = i [defaulthat] /usr/sbin/sshd = EXEC /usr/sbin/httpd2 = DEFAULT_URI /usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork = DEFAULT_URI [globs] # /foo/bar/lib/libbaz.so -> /foo/bar/lib/lib* /lib/lib[^/]+so[^/]*$ = /lib/lib*so* # strip kernel version numbers from kernel module accesses ^/lib/modules/[^/]+/ = /lib/modules/*/ # strip pid numbers from /proc accesses ^/proc/d+/ = /proc/*/ BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-enforce(1), aa-complain(1), aa-disable(1), aa_change_hat(2), aa-logprof(1), aa-genprof(1), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 LOGPROF.CONF(5)