Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MySQL Performance Problems
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? MySQL Performance Problems Post 303041955 by Neo on Sunday 8th of December 2019 10:08:33 PM
Old 12-08-2019
Following up on this after a few weeks of testing....

Looks like we have solved any mysql performance issues we had and all is running smooth and fast, as it should be.

There is a single fall back query related to the "similar man pages" and tag searches which has an under 0.4 second "slow query"; and I plan redesign that "fall back query" to get rid of that occasional delay which effects only non registered users and tag searches.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Performance and paging problems

... a disk drive to be 100% busy? hdisk0 100.0 1.3K 342.7 1.3K 22.0 PgspIn 651 % Noncomp 75.5 hdisk1 100.0 1.3K 320.2 1.2K 20.0 PgspOut 6 % Client 75.5 It's really slowing down performance on my system and I would like to know what is causing this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

2. SCO

CPU Performance Problems on VMWARE

hi We have migrated SCO 5.0.6 into ESX4, but the VM eats 100% of the virtual CPU. Here is top print from the SCO VM: last pid: 16773; load averages: 1.68, 1.25, 0.98 02:08:41 79 processes: 75 sleeping, 2 running, 1 zombie, 1 onproc CPU states: 0.0% idle, 17.0% user,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
7 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.3 performance problems

Hello, I encounter some performance issues on my AIX 5.3 server running in a LPAR on a P520. How do I investigate performance issues in AIX. Is there any kind of procedure that takes me to the steps to investigate my server and find the sub systems that is causing the issues? The performance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

4. Programming

Xlib - Rotation and interpolation of pixmap - Performance problems

I need to rotate a pixmap in XLib with some kind of interpolation to reduce the aliasing. I came up with the following code, which uses bilinear interpolation. It works fine: the rotated image looks perfect, but unfortunately it takes 5 or 6 seconds for each rotation. (in a 300x300, 16 colours... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
5 Replies
MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)							 1							 MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)

mysql_db_query - Selects a database and executes a query on it

SYNOPSIS
Warning This function was deprecated in PHP 5.3.0, and will be removed in the future, along with the entirety of the original MySQL exten- sion. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_select_db(3) then the query o PDO::__construct resource mysql_db_query (string $database, string $query, [resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
mysql_db_query(3) selects a database, and executes a query on it. o $database - The name of the database that will be selected. o $query - The MySQL query. Data inside the query should be properly escaped. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns a positive MySQL result resource to the query result, or FALSE on error. The function also returns TRUE/ FALSE for INSERT/ UPDATE/ DELETE queries to indicate success/failure. +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function now throws an E_DEPRECATED notice. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ Example #1 mysql_db_query(3) alternative example <?php if (!$link = mysql_connect('mysql_host', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password')) { echo 'Could not connect to mysql'; exit; } if (!mysql_select_db('mysql_dbname', $link)) { echo 'Could not select database'; exit; } $sql = 'SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE id = 42'; $result = mysql_query($sql, $link); if (!$result) { echo "DB Error, could not query the database "; echo 'MySQL Error: ' . mysql_error(); exit; } while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) { echo $row['foo']; } mysql_free_result($result); ?> Note Be aware that this function does NOT switch back to the database you were connected before. In other words, you can't use this function to temporarily run a sql query on another database, you would have to manually switch back. Users are strongly encouraged to use the database.table syntax in their sql queries or mysql_select_db(3) instead of this function. mysql_query(3), mysql_select_db(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)