Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help understanding a line in makefile Post 303041941 by sesefsefs on Saturday 7th of December 2019 09:51:23 AM
Old 12-07-2019
Yes, it was meant to be unsuccessfully.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Understanding this Makefile

I have this program which has lots of source files in the directories src src/dir1 src/dir2 src/dir3... and so on I am trying to understand the following Makefile: CC = gcc CFLAGS= -g -c -D_REENTRANT SOURCES = src/main.c src/dir1/a.c src/dir1/b.c src/dir2/x.c src/dir2/y.c ...and so on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile: syntax error at line 1

I am able to 'Make' some of projects's modules using GNU's make except one where it throws me the following error gmake -f Makefile /bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `if' unexpected gmake: *** Error 2 I am sure it has nothing to do with the Makefile as there is no 'if' in the first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudsa
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile executing another Makefile first?

I have 2 libraries in 2 different directories that I build with Makefiles. library B depends on library A. If I modify a .cpp file in library A and run lib B's Makefile can I have B's makefile to automatically rebuild library A? I am now rebuilding A, followed by B... but I'd like B to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwuster
0 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

trouble understanding file option and command line arguments

Hi, I am creating a program with the C language that simulates the WC command in Unix. My program needs to count lines, bytes and words. I have not added the code to count bytes and words yet. I am having trouble understanding what the file option/flag '-' does. I can not visualize how it moves... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heywoodfloyd
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile Help

Hello, I have to write makefile which supports specific targets and I have to do the following things: - A variable T determines whether the function is executed 1 or 2 - A variable N determines which size will be executed e.g. it must be read from the command line "make 1500" where 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: StudUni
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding makefile: static pattern rules

Hi all, I'm reading the GNU Make book I cannot understand the following syntax from the book. objects = foo.o bar.o all : $(objects) $(objects) : %.o : %.c $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) $< -o $@ If I run: make, I get the output: cc -c foo.c cc -o foo foo.o I think I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santiagorf
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find "*.c" and "Makefile" and then delete them with one line

find "*.c" and "Makefile" and then delete them with one line (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
dat_ep_disconnect(3DAT) 			     Direct Access Transport Library Functions				   dat_ep_disconnect(3DAT)

NAME
dat_ep_disconnect - terminate a connection or a connection establishment SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldat [ library... ] #include <dat/udat.h> DAT_RETURN dat_ep_disconnect ( IN DAT_EP_HANDLE ep_handle, IN DAT_CLOSE_FLAGS disconnect_flags ) PARAMETERS
ep_handle Handle for an instance of Endpoint. disconnect_flags Flags for disconnect. Flag values are as follows: DAT_CLOSE_ABRUPT_FLAG Abrupt close. This is the default value. DAT_CLOSE_GRACEFUL_FLAG Graceful close. DESCRIPTION
The dat_ep_disconnect() function requests a termination of a connection or connection establishment. This operation is used by the active/client or a passive/server side Consumer of the connection model. The disconnect_flags parameter allows Consumers to specify whether they want graceful or abrupt disconnect. Upon disconnect, all outstand- ing and in-progress DTOs and RMR Binds must be completed. For abrupt disconnect, all outstanding DTOs and RMR Binds are completed unsuccessfully, and in-progress DTOs and RMR Binds can be completed successfully or unsuccessfully. If an in-progress DTO is completed unsuccessfully, all follow on in-progress DTOs in the same direction also must be completed unsuccessfully. This order is presented to the Consumer through a DTO completion Event Stream of the recv_evd_handle and and request_evd_handle of the Endpoint. For graceful disconnect, all outstanding and in-progress request DTOs and RMR Binds must try to be completed successfully first, before disconnect proceeds. During that time, the local Endpoint is in a DAT_EP_DISCONNECT_PENDING state. The Consumer can call abrupt dat_ep_disconnect() when the local Endpoint is in the DAT_EP_DISCONNECT_PENDING state. This causes the End- point to transition into DAT_EP_STATE_DISCONNECTED without waiting for outstanding and in-progress request DTOs and RMR Binds to success- fully complete. The graceful dat_ep_disconnect() call when the local Endpoint is in the DAT_EP_DISCONNECT_PENDING state has no effect. If the Endpoint is not in DAT_EP_STATE_CONNECTED, the semantic of the operation is the same for graceful or abrupt disconnect_flags value. No new Send, RDMA Read, and RDMA Write DTOs, or RMR Binds can be posted to the Endpoint when the local Endpoint is in the DAT_EP_DISCON- NECT_PENDING state. The successful completion of the disconnect is reported to the Consumer through a DAT_CONNECTION_EVENT_DISCONNECTED event on con- nect_evd_handle of the Endpoint. The Endpoint is automatically transitioned into a DAT_EP_STATE_DISCONNECTED state upon successful asyn- chronous completion. If the same EVD is used for connect_evd_handle and any recv_evd_handle and request_evd_handle, all successful Comple- tion events of in-progress DTOs precede the Disconnect Completion event. Disconnecting an unconnected Disconnected Endpoint is no-op. Disconnecting an Endpoint in DAT_EP_STATE_UNCONNECTED, DAT_EP_STATE_RESERVED, DAT_EP_STATE_PASSIVE_CONNECTION_PENDING, and DAT_EP_STATE_TENTATIVE_CONNECTION_PENDING is disallowed. Both abrupt and graceful disconnect of the Endpoint during connection establishment, DAT_EP_STATE_ACTIVE_CONNECTION_PENDING and DAT_EP_STATE_COMPLETION_PENDING, "aborts" the connection establishment and transitions the local Endpoint into DAT_EP_STATE_DISCONNECTED. That causes preposted Recv DTOs to be flushed to recv_evd_handle. RETURN VALUES
DAT_SUCCESS The operation was successful. DAT_INVALID_HANDLE The ep_handle parameter is invalid. DAT_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES The operation failed due to resource limitations. DAT_INVALID_PARAMETER The disconnect_flags parameter is invalid. DAT_INVALID_STATE A parameter is in an invalid state. Endpoint is not in the valid state for disconnect. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: uDAPL, 1.1, 1.2 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level | Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libdat(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 16 Jul 2004 dat_ep_disconnect(3DAT)