Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Increase the performance of find command. Post 303041940 by MadeInGermany on Saturday 7th of December 2019 09:29:21 AM
Old 12-07-2019
The shorter pathnames is a small improvement only when post processing the output.
Then, you can bundle the names (shortens the command, not so much the run time).
But a + instead of the \; will have an impact. Then find runs cksum with many collected arguments - fewer runs are needed.
Code:
cd /tmp/moht && find . -type d \( -name 'BACKUP' -o -name 'STORE' -o -name 'LOGGER' \) -prune -o -type f -exec cksum {} +

Further, compare the speeds of the /usr/bin/find and the freeware find.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

improve performance by using ls better than find

Hi , i'm searching for files over many Aix servers with rsh command using this request : find /dir1 -name '*.' -exec ls {} \; and then count them with "wc" but i would improve this search because it's too long and replace directly find with ls command but "ls *. " doesn't work. and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
3 Replies

2. Solaris

What is the command to increase filesystem on solaris

I wanted to know what is the process or command to increase a filesystem on solaris. For example the /tmp directory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: strikelit
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase Performance

I have written a code using AWK & sed to compare two files. The structure of the files is like this" Format is this: <bit code> <file code> <string> Follwoed by any numbers of properties lines whic start with a "space" 10101010101111101 XX abcd a AS sasa BS kkk 1110000101010110 XX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_hi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase sed performance

I'm using sed to do find and replace. But since the file is huge and i have more than 1000 files to be searched, the script is taking a lot of time. Can somebody help me with a better sed command. Below is the details. Input: 1 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 Here I know the file is sorted. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SLEEP command performance

Hi, I wanted to run a particlar script for every 20 minutes. I dont have crontab in my server. Hence i ran this script in a loop by providing the command sleep 1200 Now i wanted to know is there any performance issue if this job keeps on execute in the server. Thanks, Puni (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puni
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk : find progressive increase in numbers

NR_037575 -0.155613339079513 -0.952655362767482 -1.42096466949375 -0.797042023687969 -1.26535133041424 -0.468309306726272 NR_037576 0.59124585320226 0.408702582537126 0.888885242203586 -0.182543270665134 0.297639389001326 0.480182659666459... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue while using find command

Hi, I have created a shell script for Server Log Automation Process. I have used find xargs grep command to search the string. for Example, find -name | xargs grep "816995225" > test.txt . Here my problem is, We have lot of records and we want to grep the string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
4 Replies

8. Solaris

8 character limit for ipcs command , any way to increase # of chars ?

Hello All, We have a working script which identifies and kills ipcs resources which havent been correctly killed during normal shutdowns. It is working fine and dandy however there are some issues now. Environment: SunOS 5.10 Generic_148888-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: icalderus
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase command length for ksh shell on Redhat Linux

I have a ksh shell script and i need to pass arguments which are generated by data pulled from a database. When the argument to the shell script is too long (about 4000 charecters) the below is the issue observed. I copy the command which is 4000 charecters long from the logs and paste it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
gst-typefind-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-typefind-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-typefind-0.8, gst-typefind - print MIME type of file SYNOPSIS
gst-typefind-0.8 [gst-std-options] file [file...] gst-typefind [gst-std-options] [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] file [file...] DESCRIPTION
gst-typefind-0.8 uses the GStreamer type-finding system to determine the GStreamer type of the given file(s). gst-typefind is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-typefind-X.X. For example, if both gst-typefind-0.7 and gst- typefind-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-typefind runs gst-typefind-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-typefind-0.8 and gst-typefind: gst-std-options Standard options available for use with most GStreamer applications. See gst-std-options(5) for more information. The following options are supported by gst-typefind only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file Name of file for which you want to find the MIME type. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Identifying the MIME Type of file.ogg example% gst-typefind-0.8 file.ogg file.ogg - application/ogg Example 2: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-typefind --print /usr/bin/gst-typefind-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-typefind-0.Executable to print MIME type of file /usr/bin/gst-typefind Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-typefind-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-complete(1), gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst- thumbnail(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3), gst-std-options(5) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-typefind-0.8(1)