Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Casio FX-CG50 Scientific Calculator and Python Post 303041892 by Neo on Thursday 5th of December 2019 11:04:10 PM
Old 12-06-2019
Here is something I did not expect.

The current public (not beta) version of macOS is 10.15.1.

After receiving my GC50, I decided to update the firmware to the latest version.

The most recent macOS version Casio supports is version 10.13 macOS High Sierra versions of macOS.

Lucky for me I have a MacBook Air in storage in my closet which cannot run Mojave, so I could use that machine to upgrade the firmware on my new GG50.

Strange Casio is so far behind. For those who have Mojave, they are completely out of luck to update the firmware on their Casio graphing calculators.

Surprise!

Quote:
macOS High Sierra was announced at the WWDC 2017 on June 5, 2017 and was released on September 25, 2017; its successor macOS Mojave was released on September 24, 2018

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

Casio CASSIOPEA BE-300 & fBSD

I just don't know how do I have to connect them... Connecting via USB, if some body knows, please post here... Thankue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PomaH 6yxDAK
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculator program..

Hey can anyone tell me the korn script code to implement an interactive integer calculator using the shell's built in arithemetic expression evaluation (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahithi_khushi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculator

I am pretty new to the Unix word, and have created a working calculator script. I have one problem. It doesn't use any decimals, it rounds off to the nearest whole number. 1 #!/bin/ksh 2 while true; do 3 echo -n "Enter the first integer: "; read IN1 4 test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ironhead3fan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calculator

hi, im new to the unix system and scripting and was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem iv been havin... i want the system to: 1. ask me for a number 2. ask me for a command to use on that number (* + - /) 3. ask me for another number 4. then ask me for another command, if the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdougy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with calculator code

Hi Guys, I found this code in net.. it is working fine.. But can anybody explain me the sed statement used in the code.. echo "Enter the expression:\c" read express eval echo "$express"|sed 's/^/'$precision' \ /'|bc -l|\ sed -n '1,${ /syntax/!{ } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Simple Calculator

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known/data: Script a simple calculator. In the command line enter the script file /home/etc/mycalc or /home/etc/mycalc 1 +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: herb bertz
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

**python** unable to read the background color in python

I am working on requirement on spreadsheet in python scripting. I have a spreadsheet containing cell values and with background color. I am able to read the value value but unable to get the background color of that particular cell. Actually my requirement is to read the cell value along... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Scientific calculator for ADE, the UNIX environment for the AMIGA A1200(HD).

ADE is a UNIX environment for the ancient AMIGA A1200. By default this does NOT have the 'bc' command line calculator. Although I did a DEMO code to create a C source and compile it under python 1.4.0 and ADE using ksh88 and the gcc of the day, I decided to create this baby that requires no Python... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
USBPROG(1)							      USBprog								USBPROG(1)

NAME
usbprog - Programmer for the USBprog hardware SYNOPSIS
usbprog [options] [commands] DESCRIPTION
USBprog has two modes: An interactive mode and a batch mode. Both mode use exactly the same commands. As every command takes a fixed number of arguments, no separator is necessary between commands -- just specify as much commands as you would like to execute. The help command gives a list of all commands, ? command can be used to get help for a specific command. Example: (usbprog) help (usbprog) ? upload OPTIONS
Following options can be specified, both for the interactive and the batch mode: -h | --help Prints a short help. -v | --version Prints the version number to standard output. -d | --datadir datadir Uses datadir instead of ~/.usbprog. -o | --offline Don't try to connect to the internet. Use the cached firmware and index file(s) only. -D | --debug Enable debugging output. COMMANDS
This section describes all commands. As mentioned above, the syntax is the same for interactive and batch usage. help This just prints an overview about every command, i.e. the command name and an one-sentence description. helpcmd | ? command Print a detailed description for command. exit | quit Quit the program. On Unix, you can also send an EOF by pressing Ctrl-d on your terminal. copying | license Prints a short license (GPL) text and the version number of the program. list | firmwares Prints a list of available firmwares. A [*] shows that the firmware is available in the offline cache. download firmware Downloads the specified firmware. Use the same string as you retrieved from the firmwares command described above. This command doesn't work in offline mode. info firmware Shows some basic information about firmware like what it does, the latest version number, the author and the USB ID which the USBprog device has after this firmware has been uploaded. See also the pins command. pins firmware This shows the PIN assignment of firmware and the meaning of the LED and jumpers. See also the info command for basic information about the firmware. cache clean | delete clean deletes all old firmware versions from the firmware cache, i.e. if the latest version of a firmware is 5, then it deletes the versions 0 to 4 if they are still on disk. The delete command deletes the whole firmware cache. Only the index and history file are in the cache directory after executing this command. devices Shows a list of connected USB devices related to USBprog. The currently used update device an be set with device and is also marked in the output. device number | name Sets the update device for the upload command. You have to use the integer number or the device name you retrieved from the devices command. upload firmware | file Uploads a new firmware. The firmware identifier can be found with the list command. Alternatively, you can also specify a file name on the disk. The extension doesn't matter. FILES
~/.usbprog/version.xml Index file, downloaded from http://www.ixbat.de/usbprog/versions.xml. ~/.usbprog/history The saved readline(1) history. ~/.usbprog/* The rest in that directory are firmware files. The naming scheme is name.version. AUTHOR
The USBprog program and documentation has been written by Bernhard Walle <bernhard@bwalle.de>. SEE ALSO
usbprog-gui(1), http://www.embedded-projects.net/index.php?page_id=135 0.2.0 2010-01-04 USBPROG(1)